Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Mitgardian Border Watch

Here is my entry to the "defenses" minichallenge.

These walls are manned by soldiers from the lords and noblemen of Mitgardia, each owing a month of guarding some of the many fortifications around Valholl. All is quiet for now...

This is my first grey castle, and I love it :wub: It is a section of wall with a tower guarding a road to Valholl. It also has a dock to receive supplies brought up the river. I hope you like it as much as I do :laugh:

I think the wall technique is new, I used mostly bley log bricks with some normal bricks mixed in. In my opinion it gives a nice texture.

I tried a tiled roof and don't think I will ever be able to go back to plates :hmpf:

7143057499_6f957b196c_c.jpg

doors-closed.jpg

end.jpg

back-4.jpg

figs.jpg

water.jpg

More pictures here

Any comments of criticism welcome!

Edited by soccerkid6

Wow this is really good Soccerkid! I love the texturing on the walls and the waterfall. I'm excited to see you build more grey castles, it's briliant! :drool:

Really good indeed! So many things to like here, waterfall, river, wooden roofs, brickbuild doors, stonework.

Nice job man!

Your building skills are surely increasing fast!! This is great! LOve the waterfall and the whole layout!

Great job!

@Alex the Great: Thanks, I will definitely be doing more in the future.

@Balthasar: Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only to think the walls work well

@Sirens-of-Titan: Thanks :sweet: I think you are absolutely right, hopefully I can beat this one soon :laugh:

@de Gothia: Thank you, I aim to improve on at least one aspect of my building with every MOC

@Hyler Talliwell: Thank you, this is my second time using that technique for the stream and I think it works perfectly for Mitgardia.

Edited by soccerkid6

Hands-down your best work to date! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Keep it up!

Amen! This is stunning. The stonework, the river, the snow, the cart... I think to point out how much I like it, I will have to mention almost everything about it :tongue:

Looking forward to see more builds like this!

@Nightshroud99: Thanks :laugh:

@Jakon: I'm looking forward to it!

@zcerberus: Thank you :classic:

@mephistopheles: Thanks

@Ecclesiastes: Thanks that means a lot :sweet: I am looking forward to making more like this.

Where to start? The walls are awesome, the roof is great and the waterfall might be the best part. Normally i hate water made like that, but here it is perfect.

soccerkid, this definetely the best thing you have build so far. It's actually rather amazing to see how your skills have improved so far!!

Thanks guys :classic:

@kabel: I am actually rather surprised myself :laugh: I guess GoH is accomplishing its goal :classic:

Great Job, Thinking of doing something like it once my challenge 3 has been posted. Just got to figure where the film goes in my new digital camera;)