Sign in to follow this  
Col. Whipstick

Life size models anyone?

Looking at those pics in Denmark of the Soldiers guard post we all know Legoland has life sized models. What I was wondering is if there is anyone here, or in the other forums that has enough lego to produce to scale the same kind of thing. Could anyone build a proper two meter tall soldier, pirate or knight?

Does anyone even have the space of number of bricks to build an actual walk in fortification? Even if only 5 year olds could fit in that would still count. I guess what I'm looking to see is a model that is so huge it actually becomes a building in it's own right? Can you imagine if we could build a full sized hut or something?

I'd love to go further with this idea but as people have limited space and budgets I just wanted to see what anyone had come up with and how far they'd gotten?

I'm not interested to building something real life size even if I had the bricks.

My lego creations are all on minifig scall and thats how I like it.

I remember seeing on Lugnet ages ago a shed someone built out of lego (to store lego in X-D ). Look at Lugnet.sculpture and you'll find a lot of life-sized figures similar to what you would see at Legoland...

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm pressed to make a small scale let alone a life size model. Though a soldier 2 metres tall would seem to be larger than life size. Not too many lads in the Imperial army that tall as far as I'm aware.

But never mind that. Somewhere I have a picture of a 3D LEGO sculpture I could post in this thread. I must remember to dig it out.

I made a lifesize modle of the Mayflower. Hehee, just joking :-P . There are alot of lifesize modles at legoland, TONs of them! Brickshelf also has some lifesize modles there.

Show us these life-size models you refer to Imperial Scouts! The pirate related ones that is. Save the rest for another forum.

At legoland, way too many, also, since I'm in the USA and I go across the country for LLC, I don't see anything pirates there. Oh, yeah, I remember when going there they were building the pirate shores. Building. It was still under construction. Some fun stuff there, I guess. Here's some from BS: (Pirate shores that is) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=190309

(Since it's big I'll post this one) Why, it's none other than Red Beard himself!

llca_pirate_shores_028.jpg

I remember looking at what the LEGO Lands had to offer a couple of years ago and I was disappointed with some because they lacked Pirates. Obviously LEGO Land California has took measures to prevent disappointing me :-D

They did it just for you :-P . It's nice to know that TLC or at least somebody in Lego is looking upon pirates.

That's very considerate of them seeing as they've failed to produce me a decent Pirate theme in the past 10 years.

That picture (and adjoining Brickshelf Gallery) you've post Imperial Scouts Imperial Scouts, are they yours or did you just stumble across that on your Brickshelf travels?

I stumbled.Like I said before, I never saw the completion of Pirate shores. Just the construction.

Ahhhhhhhh but I wasn't sure exactly how much of Pirate Shores was built when you were there, and I hadn't really looked at the Brickshelf folder.

Now that I've looked at the Brickshelf folder I have came to other realisations, once of which being that Pirate Shores doesn't look very good compared to what's been offered in the past.

Do you mean offered by the lego sets from 1989? Well, yeah, I was a little dissapointed looking at Pirate Shores, just a big water park.

Double post...oh, no!!!

sany0165.jpg

and

sany0162.jpg

Try making a full size ship out of the second pic!!

There's an edit button, ya know... Arggggghhhhh :-O :-P

Nice models. *y*

But, if I did edit, Nobody wouldd notice it 8-| . The fish skeletons are nice :capn: .

Do you mean offered by the lego sets from 1989?

Any SYSTEM Pirate set from 1989 to 1997 is what I meant!

Well, yeah, I was a little dissapointed looking at Pirate Shores, just a big water park.

It doesn't look very exciting... It would look better if there were more elements constructed from LEGO, not just the pirates.

It would look more interesting if they actually had sets to promote it. Or visa versa. They could've done better :-( .

sany0162.jpg

I took a picture of this once and I've got an enlarged photo sitting right next to me. I'll see if I can get it scanned in soon.