Maybe TLG could update the figures with the new ball joints used in Mixels, but technic variant?

I like the Technic figures. I had some in the past, but not anymore. I wouldn't mind seeing them brought back, even just as stand-alone buys.

As much as I'd like techfigs to return (if so, please make them more "modular" so we can mix-and-match them for more variety!), I don't think that'll happen, for two reasons: a techfig is complicated (with lots of assembled parts) and therefore surely eats a significant amount of the budget for the set it's in, and its fixed scale makes producing sets in different price points more difficult (imagine a 42020 and a 42021 at the same scale).

Maybe TLG could update the figures with the new ball joints used in Mixels, but technic variant?

That's a good idea! Not necessarily official by TLG, but maybe some kind of "Miniland-scale" figures using them. Too bad they (so far) only exist in grey...

Hello

I have now i picture from the special technic-figure "Tag der offenen Tür, 21. Juni 1997, Baar" (It means in english translatet "Day open doors, 21. June 1997, Baar).

It stand in front of my latest moc, a whell-loader "Kramer Allrad".

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6367604

I own two of this rare technic-figure, they was in "kilo"-buy from internet-portal.

I own two of this rare technic-figure, they was in "kilo"-buy from internet-portal.

Is that printed on the figures chest or a sticker? I'd certainly love to get one of these rare figures, looks like you had some real luck finding it in a bulk brick buy. That is very lucky!

Its printed on the figures.

Yes this figures are very rare, i have luck i had them in a bulk brick. I think Lego make them only, for a gift for the visitor an this special open day from the lego factory in Switzerland, mabey they never sell this technic-figure. So maybe best possible to found, would this figure in swiss-auction platform. But i never see them somewhere seling.

I am interested, if somewhere else own this special figure, and from where he/she has it?

just some fun with Technic Figures :)

001.jpg

003.jpg

Sorry for second picture, about it quality - it was taken with phone :)

Edited by AOW

I wanted to see them back in some way. I only had one of those. One from the Cybermaster set. He popping up from time to time in my collection :wink:

Sometimesi wished they had a driver /operator in the technic models.

I also have a rare technic figure for sale. This is the already mentioned "Tag der offenen Tür 1997 BAAR). If anyone is ineterested, send me a message. 

Technic 1997_2.jpg

I love these guys and would like to see their return but understand the reasons why that's unlikly to happen.

I've got the complete collection several times over but none of them are the really rare ones seen on these pages. Those I have all have their personal accessories but only a few have the vehicles etc that came with some of them. I have the 8714 and 8300 sets which are still sealed in as new boxes.

Edited by grum64
Typo

Does anyone know a cockpit design for a technic guy that you can just generally build mecha suits out of? 
A way to just connect the technic guy to a general chassis frame that you can attach legs and arms to. 

On 1/2/2018 at 2:57 AM, RohanBeckett said:

They clip very nicely into the seats.. and of course, have pin-hole on their legs you could use to attach them..

Easier said than done. I guess i should start going trough my parts bin to find the seat if i still have one. 

I love the little guy's!

I own 3 of them, and use them all the time.
In fact I just completed an insane massive rollercoaster made specifically to there scale!

E9oPduLytBQ1Iu4ddz5ORT1FZ-uQA2BTGiCDmkny

(youtube video is coming some ware this weekend I hope)
EDIT: here ya go:

PS: seats work very well, even without the safety bar they don't fall out of the rollercoaster (and it gets pretty rough:grin:

Edited by shadow_elenter

The figures certainly piqued my interest and helped get me into Technic with the release of the Arctic Action series. I have a few of those guys plus just one additional later figure. I regret not getting more back in the day, but that was during the time when my Lego acquisitions waned in my teens and 20s.

I want to add more figures to my collection so I've been looking into prices lately. Wish Lego would bring them back and add a female version plus other heads/hairstyles. Perhaps they could do another sub-theme and figure pack to test popularity.

1 minute ago, NeilJam said:

and add a female version

For that I use in my layouts Belville figures. Although they don't have the "technicy" look, they're in the same scale and (at least with the early version) have the same articulation. The biggest difference is that their hands grasp bars like minifigs instead of pins/axles like techfigs.

Any idea why the Power Puller Tech Fig is so rare? I remember this set being everywhere over here in the USA? I have one with helmet... Maybe a couple of them if we dug deep into my older stuff.

5 hours ago, NeilJam said:

Perhaps they could do another sub-theme and figure pack to test popularity.

I assume the molds for them are gone. So if they would produce new figures, they'd have to acquire new molds, which are very expensive. So doing a "test run" would probably be almost as expensive as doing a full production run. Unfortunately. As the Technic designers don't want to pin themselves to a single scale, I don't think Technic-specific figures will return in any near future.

Meet Alfonso (found a sticker with that name on a 5L liftarm) and used it on the instrument panel.

He's my crane operator in my WIP 1:20 crawler crane MOC

20180421_111924.jpg

14 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

As the Technic designers don't want to pin themselves to a single scale

That, and a techfig is a complex thing made of many parts and moulds that have to be factory-assembled, which takes from a set's budget that could otherwise be used on more parts/details.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, George1975 said:

I also have a rare technic figure for sale. This is the already mentioned "Tag der offenen Tür 1997 BAAR). If anyone is ineterested, send me a message. 

George,

I'm sending you many messages, but there is no response.  I'm definitely interested.  

Edited by paul_delahaye