Sign in to follow this  
deskp

Doctor Who

I digg the 11th Doctor and I havent been entierly satified by the lego design I've seen of him so far, so I dicided to do one myself. This is my first go at any lego decal design.

I'd like to know what you think, and if you have any tips on how to improve it please shout out!

update

5d5jtl.png5yz3id.png

first version: http://i48.tinypic.com/11ajvqw.jpg

Edited by deskp

Lovely ! .... However i think his shirt should be purple ( My own oppinion on that is that ive mostly seen him in darker colours ) .... Im making decals myself these days of the 11th Doctor and companion. They are looking alot alike i must say ... But a great job ... Cant wait to se it finished ... Are you using waterslide paper for it when it comes to printing it ?

Just my opinion, but I think cheekbones make minifigs look old, not skinny, and I would lose them. Otherwise it's terrific.

May I ask which hairpiece that is?

It doesent exist I drew/painted that, but I can post a picture of the fig with the superman hair in brown wich I started off with.

here is a small update, I find it looks more like Matt Smith if I lose the eyebrows all together, but I like keeping them so I've made them smaller and adjusted the eyes a bit.

2962p1l.png

@LEGO Family: He generaly uses blue bowtie and blue tinged shirt or red bowtie and red tinged shirt (with some exceptions) I prefer the red version. The figure works pretty well with a darker color for the blazer aswell. Looking forward to seeing your figures!

I havent really thought about making it into an actual figure but I will make decal friendly images when I feel done.

@TenorPenny: I'm not trying to make him look skinny with the cheekbones, just adding some characther to it. I understand people not liking it very well, in alot of cases im the same way

Variations: superman hair, red/blue-dark, no cheekbones, red/blue-light.

5yz3id.png

Edited by deskp

I think it looks great, would love to see the finished real figure. I think superman's hair in dark brown would look great - will you be painting it or what?

Hair, bod is perfect. Eyes look sleepy.

That's how Matt Smith's eyes look though, they are set far back. :wink:

I have slightly more preference for the cheekbones version, as Matt Smith has an 'interestingly' shaped face which the lines help with.

Don't change the eyes, they are perfect and absolutely make this model - you've captured his character really well

tumblr_m3k71rU2wl1rv7o91o1_400.png

Lined up some of the designs I've done.

pelase check out my cuuso, link in signature!

Edited by deskp

Hello There!

In the cuusoo I can't seem to find the tenth Doctor yet it is in the photo of all of the minifigs lined up. I am a very big fan of the David Tennant incarnation and to see him in LEGO form would be awesome. The 11th is great and I see no need for improvement.

Thanks!

-Puck

Edited by Puck