Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

"My luck is terrible today....but not as terrible as Sorrow's luck!"Drake laughed as he chugged down a potion!

Erik staggers backwards after being hit.

"AARGH! You killed me, you stupid worm!" He yells. Then, before him, he sees a robed figure.

"Oh, hello, Mr reaper man" he says.

The robed figure laughs, and says "You fool, I'm not the reaper."

Erik opens his mouth, but before he can say anything, the robed figure interjects again, and says "and I'm not poor Mr Sorrow, either. I am the ghost of your ancestors. Here, have this book. read it when you have a moment."

He throws a large book at Erik, who catches it, and puts it in his bag.

"And by the way, you aren't dead. It's just a flesh wound."

He disappears, leaving Erik standing facing the worm.

The other heroes look at him, concerned at having seen him apparently talking to thin air.

Erik just growls at Sandy and swings at her again, from the front row.

OOC: Funny that Sorrow only hits when he isn't being controlled by Endgame. :tongue:

Also, shouldn't Drake's shield have protected him from 2 damage when Sandy hit him?

I was going to leave that 'till later, but I was too impatient to wait 'till Erik was K'Oed.

Got a Monty Python AND Terry Pratchett reference in their, in case anyone noticed.

Edited by Myrddyn

Mizuki runs at Sandwight A and hits it with her sword from the front row

QM Note - Thanks Myrddyn, I hadn't calculated the SP of Drake's shield on the first hit for some reason. Even though I did for the free hit! xxlrocka, you are now at 5 health, you may want to change your action. I will wait a few hours to run the round, in case you do want to attack.

Also liking the good roleplay here guys. If I am honest, as a player I find the battles the worst part of the RPG so it's good to add a bit more to your character during them.

Drake looked over at Eric, who was talking to no-one....well, he thought that until he immediately started to see some creepy dude who looked a bit like sorrow, without the undead features. "Hey! Get over here you stupid moron!" Drake shouted to the mysterious black cloaked person. There was no reply. Then the person threw a book over to Eric, who caught it and put it in his bag. Then the mystery perosn disappeared, leaving Drake very confused. "Uhhh...everyone forget what I just said!"Drake said. But everyone was too focused on Eric. Suddenly, Drake heard a voice in his head.

"You will never be popular."The voice said menacingly.

"Oh yes I will! I shall soon have lots of friends!"Drake replied.

"Well then, I guess we'll have to wait and see."The voice whispered. Then the voice echoed and eventually faded away.

Drake then sat on the sand, worried that what the voice said could be true. He just sat...and sat....and sat....

OOC:I've always wanted to do something like this.

Do you still want to take that potion, xxlrocka? I think you could go another round or so with no problems as the most you can be hit for is 2 damage.

Drake looked over at Eric, who was talking to no-one....well, he thought that until he immediately started to see some creepy dude who looked a bit like sorrow, without the undead features. "Hey! Get over here you stupid moron!" Drake shouted to the mysterious black cloaked person. There was no reply. Then the person threw a book over to Eric, who caught it and put it in his bag. Then the mystery perosn disappeared, leaving Drake very confused. "Uhhh...everyone forget what I just said!"Drake said. But everyone was too focused on Eric. Suddenly, Drake heard a voice in his head.

"You will never be popular."The voice said menacingly.

"Oh yes I will! I shall soon have lots of friends!"Drake replied.

"Well then, I guess we'll have to wait and see."The voice whispered. Then the voice echoed and eventually faded away.

Drake then sat on the sand, worried that what the voice said could be true. He just sat...and sat....and sat....

OOC:I've always wanted to do something like this.

"Drake, now is not the time to let your sanity wither. Not that you seemed to have much in the first place."

"Who is saying he isn't suffering from split-persoanlity like we are?

"Who is saying he isn't suffering from split-persoanlity like we are?

"Hey! I heard that! For me that is insulting!"

OOC:Yeah, I mean, I still have a high chance of getting knocked out.

"Hey! I heard that! For me that is insulting!"

OOC:Yeah, I mean, I still have a high chance of getting knocked out.

OOC: With your shield, it's impossible for you to get knocked out this round.

Also, Myrrdn, "it's a flesh wound" refers to the balck knight, correct?

Edited by Endgame

QM Note - I guess if xxlrocka wants to take a potion, it's up to him.

Round Four of the Sandworm Guardian Battle

>Flamerobe takes potion

Sorrow vs Sandy - Critical Hit

Nagure vs Sandy - Extra Critical Hit

Erik vs Sandy - Hit

Mizuki vs Sandwight A - Damage

Round four of the battle opens with Flamerobe taking a potion and restoring his health. Sorrow, fresh from a successful attack last round, gets in another solid blow with his scythe against Sandy (-8). Nagure follows this up with another astonishing blow from his club (-11) and Erik finishes off the giant sandworm with a well-placed slice from his axe. As Sandy drops down with a thud, Sandwight A's spindly form collapses into the desert floor before it can hurt Mizuki.

The battle is victorious! All members of the party gain a level!

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 3 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 6

Health: 8/10

Gold: 20

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 3 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 9/9

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 3 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 3 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Health: 10/10

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 3 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 12/12

Gold: 15

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion

Drops:

7113987655_07e3a7f426_m.jpg Fallen Leaf (Quest Item)

heroica-sixcoins.jpg- 75 gold

heroica-remedy.jpg Remedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

heroica-mead.jpg Mead - Causes the encouraged-effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpg Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.

Party Leader, please divide the spoils.

After the sandworm has been defeated, the party hear the sounds of children playing getting louder across the desert, and three more children appear out of the shimmering heat-haze, appearing totally unharmed. Once again, they state that they had been playing with Sandy, who was keeping them entertained by creating many weird and wonderful sand sculptures.

6997103100_0291ed25e2_m.jpg (only one child pictured, styles and designs may vary)

The party has rescued three more of the missing children.

Figuring that they had done all they can in the second realm, the party follow their tracks (and Erik's axe-shaft) to the "door" and step through again. After the requisite disorientation, the party finds themselves back in the lower hallway. Captain Hlin Horrkkba of the Ve'er Town Watch awaits them, and anxiously ushers the three children to him, but alas, none of the children are Vell.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"Well done heroes, three more of the town's lost children are now safe and sound! I will take them out of here and make sure their parents know."

With all 3 doors on this floor investigated, what do the heroes want to do now?

Erik remembers the words of the suit of armour: "This is sanctuary. It is safe." So he figures he might be able to use his natural respite trait to rest and regain health. He also says "I don't mind whether we try the warping door again, or go up the stairs.

OOC: Yeah its the Black Knight.

Edited by Myrddyn

Flamerobe gets the Pheonix Essence and 10 coins. Nagure gets Mead and 10 coins. Erik gets remedy and 15 coins. Mizuki gets 20 coins. I recieve 20 coins plus the fallen leaf.

"I'm assuming you've pieced it together.

You're underestimating your own competence.

Point taken.

I'm assuming you know the answer to why we suffer from split personality.

But of course! Haven't you noticed that you're a bit happier with life? The split came basically right down the middle - You'd get any good traits you had before the split, while I'd be shoehorned with all your phobias, insecurities, and character flaws. You were allowed happiness, while I'm quite literally everything that was once bad in you wrapped up in a snarky package - doomed before my very existence.

Is that why you hate me? is THAT why you're determined to bicker?!

Only a fool despises himself, Sorrow. Like it or not, I'm part of you as you are part of me. and no, I don't hate you. I just LOVE to berate and insult you because it's just what comes naturally for me - all I will and will ever know. I realized I was a... less than likeable character and allowed you to take the helm. You redeemed yourslef with those last few rounds, Sorrow: somewhat.

You never answered my original question.

That pleasant little shcok treatment did the trick. The amount of voltage that flowed through you then caused some... unusual developments in that exposed little skull of yours. It's funny, really - if flamerobe hadn't doused you, I'd never come to be. But it's bettter than death, right? Having your own worst enemy being yourself, being constantly tortured by yourself day and night, awake and asleep... Oh, good times are gonna roll in Sorrow!

I would tell myself to shut up, but that is really not an option. So... what should I call you?

Excellent question. you can't call me Sorrow, because that'd be confusing... Sorrow 2 is unorignal... Know what? Just call me Syntax.

With my split personality Syntax identified, I tell my party:

"Lets go upstairs."

Edited by Endgame

QM Note - At this point I will allow Erik's Natural Respite trait and also anyone with bedrolls to regain health if needed, which I don't think it is.

Updated party with loot distribution:

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 3 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Gold: 35

Inventory: Axe (WP:3), Potion x2, Mead, Remedy

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 3 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Gold: 40

Inventory: Scythe (WP:3) Potion, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item), Fallen Leaf (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 3 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Gold: 40

Inventory: Black Katana(WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 3 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Gold: 30

Inventory: Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead x2

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 3 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 12/12

Gold: 25

Inventory: Torch(WP:3), Shield(SP:2), Potion, Phoenix Essence

The party decide to rest a while in the hallway before making their next move, each seem to be lost in their own thoughts; seeing and hearing goodness knows how many strange internal voices and ghostly figures that aren't actually there, and also a shrubbery.

QM Note - Mainly because I haven't had the chance to take any pictures of the second floor yet. I keep adding more blackjack and hookers.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Fully rested, not hearing or seeing any demons, split personalities, visions of black knights or grim reapers, and rejoined by Hlin, the party head to the stairs.

7113987177_423c268c12_b.jpg

Before the party can head up the stairs, the armour makes one final comment.

7113987225_a967849944_t.jpg

"You have desecrated the first and second realms of sanctuary. The Maginastra will not stand for this. Be wary, foul intruders. Be wary. The third and fourth realms will be harder than what you have experienced. You will all perish. Leave now."

With the armour's gutteral warning ringing in their ears, the party head up the stairs to the second level of the magical mansion. The upper hallway is similar to the lower hallway in general style, with another staircase, less ornate than the one below, leading up to the third floor.

7144770825_1e2a72e142_b.jpg

What will the party do?

Edited by Rumble Strike

I check the barrel of swords to see if any of the weapons are usable.

What, trying to abandon that sad little scythe already?

Edited by Endgame

Sorrow heads to the barrel of weapons, to see what he can find.

7144771047_4e5bf56a3a_b.jpg

There, he finds the following weaponry:

7144771081_81b9acd6d0_t.jpg Axe (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians)

7144771207_8f6ecbbb7e_t.jpg Dagger (WP: 5, suitable for mages and rogues)

7144771135_69b45f8996_t.jpg Greatsword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

7144771185_0b8e0a6a99_t.jpg Longsword (WP: 5, suitable for knights and rogues)

7144771103_b6298848a6_t.jpg Spear (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians)

QM Note - feel free to request what weapon you want, but final decision is Sorrow's as Party Leader.

Edited by Rumble Strike

"I see you have found some weapons over there! Hey, I've always wanted a sword. Can I have the greatsword please?"Drake asked.

"Good luck trying to use a sword."

I distribute the dagger to Mizuki, the axe to Nagure, The Greatsword to Flamerobe, the spear the Erik, and the Longsword to myself. I fthere are any objects to this, I'd be happy to redistribute.

Well, aren't YOU the fairest of the fair when distributing registered lethal weapons?

Shut up, Syntax.

Edited by Endgame

"Ooh, thanks Sorrow! I wonder if that chest is unlocked."

Erik goes over to try opening the chest, and if it is locked, see if Mizuki or Sorrow could pick the lock.

Mizuki as absent minded as usual goes and looks in the pot and the candle on the desk

Mizuki as absent minded as usual goes and looks in the pot and the candle on the desk

"Hey! Mizuki! Is that pot full of gold? I hope it is!"Laughed Drake.

"So that's the only thing you've got:A sense of humour."

"Oh, shut up."