Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

Page 22, after all the guardians were dead. I got a venom during one the guardian battles, or so my inventory says.

OOC: Sorry, I forgot you got it from fighting a guardian. :blush:

Drake, you should take your potion so you have more health.

Drake, you should take your potion so you have more health.

"Still insist on defending a man who you've spent 5 minutes with, Mizuki and Erik? You can defect back with no harsh feelings.

Edited by Endgame

"Oh that's sad, Syntax. What did your family do to deserve that?"

"Oh, yeah, no harsh feelings aside from from the guy you want to murder."

Edited by Myrddyn

"Still insist on defending a man who you've spent 5 minutes with, Zakura and Erik? You can defect back with no harsh feelings.

"Who is this Zakura ? I'm pretty sure my name is Mizuki."

"Oh that's sad, Syntax. What did your family do to deserve that?"

"...I don't know. After my "father" necromancer lost his power due to his own fmaily tragedy, I wandered this wretched planet for 400 years trying to find out who murdered me previously and to find a way to fix up "dad". I got nowhere, found nothing, and all i accomplished was learning how hated and despised and undead was. The fruits of journey were rancid ones. I met someone who claimed to be able to lead me to whoever killed me, but he simply led me into a dead end, stabbed me in the back, stole anything i managed to acquire, and ran.

Perhaps now you cna understand why Sorrow hates traitors? There are dozens more stories, but I learned over the years that my trust wa snot simply a free sample to be given as I pleased.

Which is why you will not be getting any mercy.

...Also, Mizuki, that wa sone of my delusions. Nothing major.

Edited by Endgame

Drake, completely confused by what was happening, decided to just drink a potion to pass the time.

Drake, completely confused by what was happening, decided to just drink a potion to pass the time.

These traitors have betrayed us and are working for the Maginastra. It's just me, you, Hlin and whoever our party leader is now.

These traitors have betrayed us and are working for the Maginastra. It's just me, you, Hlin and whoever our party leader is now.

"We went over this - Sorrow is the nice one and I - Syntax - am the one who indulges in sarcasm far more than neccasary.

With one last theatric bow, I address my opposition.

The maginastra complained about the stark walls, yes? Well, I think a nice scarlet coating would suit this room dandy. Care to provide the paint, you three?

And now we wait for rumble.

"Well, Drake, I will try and summarise this. We have found the children and completed the quest, right? The Maginastra was the guy who took the children, but he did it to protect them from an army led by an evil mage and his evil assistant who are trying to take over the world. The Maginastra has seen the error of his ways, and promised not to repeat his actions. But Syntax (may his limbs rot off), being the crazy psychopath that he is, has decided to murder him anyway. He is paying Nagure more than we would, so Nagure is fighting with him. Drake, since your a knight, I suppose that means your going to come over to join me and Mizuki?" :laugh:

OOC: Hey Endgame, I don't suppose that 'A vein pulsed in my left hand, my dominant one. I needed to keep my cool, lest I want another heart attack.' means that if Erik insults Syntax enough, he will have a heart attack?

Edited by Myrddyn

Drake, consider this. Hlin hired us and we haven't been paid yet. If we go against Hlin and protect the Maginastra, I doubt that he will want to pay us. Whose team would you want to be on; The noble and badass swordsman Hlin who has helped us in battle before or the evil Maginastra who tried to kill us.

"We aren't going against Hlin. He hired us to rescue the children, and we have done that. He didn't hire us to kill the Maginastra."

Edited by Myrddyn

"I don't buy the whole protection thing in the first place. If he wanted to save "this sleepy hamlet", he would've gotten the parents too. There is an alternate motivation for this wretched wizard, and I will beat it out of him.

And don't fault me for bidding, my dear Erik. You tried too, so if you villianize me you shall just be hypocritical.

No, I just want to keep heart health as a defining trait for Sorrow/Syntax, so I bring it up on occasion.

"Oh, do I have to? Oh fine. I guess that if we don't get our reward, I won't be happy. If I attack the maginastra, then I would of course end up killing him, which I don't wanna do. So....ooh, this is a tough one....but kidnapping children is wrong, so I'm on the side which wants to attack the maginastra. Of course, I don't want to kill him. Just do it until he says he should have never took them in the first place. Do ti to him as a warning, so next time something happens and it happened because of him, I can kill him as punishment."

"Good..."

"I'm sorry, good sir, I did not mean to villainize you for bidding, merely to vilify you for being a murderous psychopath. If you are concerned about the Maginastra going against what he said and abducting the children again, we could get him to swear an oath. He's a magic user, and I'd think they would have pretty nasty consequences for breaking oaths."

"Oh, and Drake, he did more or less say he regrets taking the children. And you could always just not join in the fight on either side. He said 'You have all helped open my eyes, especially this cloaked Barbarian here. I have been misguided'"

Edited by Myrddyn

"I'm sorry, good sir, I did not mean to villainize you for bidding, merely to vilify you for being a murderous psychopath. If you are concerned about the Maginastra going against what he said and abducting the children again, we could get him to swear an oath. He's a magic user, and I'd think they would have pretty nasty consequences for breaking oaths."

Or we could just give him a beating as a warning.

"What you call "murder" I call "justice". Tell me, Erik, do you believe that wolfgang petty thieves do not deserve their decapitations? If you defend a mass kidnapper and not a petty thief, you are simply a hypocrite. If you survive this encounter, I expect you to jump in the way of the executioner's axe every time someone in Eubric is about to get their head lopped off. Any crime is justifiable to some extent - tell me, what makes this bearded wizard special? Or perhpas you are just a coward, afraid to face our true enemy and instead rallying with him instead of against?

The world is not black and white, but many shades of grey. And the Maginastra is the bleakest of all.

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"I know I was mad at the Maginastra for taking Vell and the others, but he has basically apologised and I do accept that apology. Let me assure you heroes, as the Quest said when it was posted at Heroica Hall, your job was to find the missing children, and you have done that. I did not put out a bounty for whoever was behind it. I have already told you that we could leave here and I will give you the reward. Don't you think that you might be biting off more than you can chew?"

Looks like I picked the wrong day to go to Legoland!

As far as I can tell now, it's Sorrow, Drake and Costy against the Maginastra, Erik, and Mizuki, with Hlin yet to absolutely declare a side? Plus whoever the Maginastra brings to the fight - this guy created the Guardians, rememeber :devil:

Last chance to back down, or I will run this!

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

"I know I was mad at the Maginastra for taking Vell and the others, but he has basically apologised and I do accept that apology. Let me assure you heroes, as the Quest said when it was posted at Heroica Hall, your job was to find the missing children, and you have done that. I did not put out a bounty for whoever was behind it. I have already told you that we could leave here and I will give you the reward. Don't you think that you might be biting off more than you can chew?"

Looks like I picked the wrong day to go to Legoland!

As far as I can tell now, it's Sorrow, Drake and Costy against the Maginastra, Erik, and Mizuki, with Hlin yet to absolutely declare a side? Plus whoever the Maginastra brings to the fight - this guy created the Guardians, rememeber :devil:

Last chance to back down, or I will run this!

As long as we can actually win (as in, the Maginastra not having 1,000 hp :tongue: ) I'd be willing to do it. Any penalty for losing, though?

"Thank you for your understanding, Hlin. I am fully prepared to leave here with all of us heroes intact, but only if no-one insists on killing the Maginastra."

"Alright, Syntax, Drake and Nagure. Even Hlin, who had his daughter taken by the Maginastra, has been able to forgive him. Surely you guys, who have lost nothing because of the maginastra, and in fact have even improved your fighting skills against his creations, and gained money and new equipment, can forgive him also?"

EDIT/OOC: (after post 473) Yeah, that was really for xxlrocka, but he's offline. If he steps down, surely you guys aren't still gonna want to try and fight?

Edited by Myrddyn

"Thank you for your understanding, Hlin. I am fully prepared to leave here with all of us heroes intact, but only if no-one insists on killing the Maginastra."

"Alright, Syntax, Drake and Nagure. Even Hlin, who had his daughter taken by the Maginastra, has been able to forgive him. Surely you guys, who have lost nothing because of the maginastra, and in fact have even improved your fighting skills against his creations, and gained money and new equipment, can forgive him also?"

"Not particularly."

I can forgive him, but I made a deal with Syntax to help him. I will not back down unless he does. I still want my pay as well, both from Hlin and Syntax. If you can pay me more, I will be more than happy to step down.

As long as we can actually win (as in, the Maginastra not having 1,000 hp :tongue: ) I'd be willing to do it. Any penalty for losing, though?

It would be a tough fight, and the penalty for a "Sorrow" team wipe would be that you guys personally would fail the Quest. To be fair, I would have to say also that if you defeated Erik, Mizuki and the Maginastra's team, then the player characters would likewise fail the Quest.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Stuff bribes, I'm changing sides. Go team Barbarians on Mead!