Ezechielle

"Lanternier" and classical facade

The third one in my "forgotten jobs" serie (with the coal delivery man and the street grinder) : a "lanternier" (sorry, I couldn't find a translation for that job :hmpf_bad: )... well, the guy who kindles the street lights.

It was supposed to be "just" a little vignette, but I liked the facade so much that I decided to enlarge the base to make it wider :tongue:

7113405311_f69a70d015_z.jpg

7113405815_ee3ff354c0_z.jpg

7113406551_34faa18e8f_z.jpg

Awww, terribly sweet! The figs are great.

I think in English we'd just say lamp lighter? Undoubtedly there is some obscure Victorian word for it but buggered if I know what it is default_laugh_new.gif

The facade is amazing. It's really simply built using the round bricks, but the effect is just perfect. It actually took all my attention, so I had to concentrate to see the Lanternier minifig. Nevertheless, choice of minifigs is great as well. They really fit in. The only thing missing is a picture with the light on (to see how well he did his job). :laugh:

The facade is beautiful. Glad you doubled it :thumbup:

I think the cobblestone sidewalk is lovely too. Well done :classic:

It probably is "lamp lighter" in english. But lanternier sounds much nicer, and is very understandable to an english speaker, since we use the word lantern.

a "lanternier" (sorry, I couldn't find a translation for that job :hmpf_bad: )... well, the guy who kindles the street lights.

Oh, I love the word "Lanternier" and the way you've represented one! I always enjoy seeing them do their job in movies set in that period. Interesting job that a person cannot be late for! :wink:

Your complete vignette's details are just lovely! :wub:

Wow! I love how that facade came out. so much subtle detail. Just beautiful.

I believe the english term you are looking for is "Lamplighter". Nowhere near as interesting a name. (Are these what were considered "Candle Jacks" as well or were those more of an in house/indoor role?)