Sign in to follow this  
Ezechielle

Street grinder

indexed.gif B-V-18A

Some of you probably remind my coal delivery man and my project of making a few vigs about "forgotten" jobs ; here is the second one : a european street grinder around the year 50-60's.

6966532256_93e07c2a4a_z.jpg

7112609339_98fd8e8468_z.jpg

7112609683_57e0f5da28_z.jpg

6966533348_584af0f430_z.jpg

I remember your coalman. This is lovely as well. :classic: I like his grinding wheel.

I may be showing my american background, but it did take me a while to figure out what a street grinder was. I am assuming he goes from house to house sharpening knives and such?

Next time someone tells me that yellowed bricks and plates are useless, I'll refer them to this MOC. Yet another perfect example of how realistically these can be used.

Nice job - and I like the understated /simple design of the post-war building. Very thematic.

Oh, I :wub: that little grinding cart.....AWESOME 'Ezechielle', somebody else recreating the 1950's eh ? :wink:

Keep them coming indeed 'Ezechielle'....Brick On ! :sweet:

Nice vignette :D

And just so you know, the job still exists :) the guy drives a VW-transporter nowadays though, but he still comes every year asking if we needs anything sharpened.

Bart

Loving the use of the yellowed bricks on the walls. Also like how you mixed in the red bricks. MOC looks brilliant.