LegoSjaak

MOD: 10219 Maersk 2.70 Meters Long

I just want to show you some creativity in another way. This time i didn't MOC a train, but was creative wit buying and selling. I bought a total of 5 Lego 10219 Maersk-sets and sold 3 engines, 3 trucks, 3 lowboy-wagons and 1 white container. I ended up with 2 engines, 2 trucks and a total of 7 container-cars with 14 containers on them. The nice thing is that a containercar with 2 containers only cost me Eur 24,-. So that keeps it cheap... it pays out to be creative!! :blush:

6966341730_faa4592c53.jpg

6966340672_84173d0686.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

It's neat to see how long multiple Maersk sets together look. I could visualize it n my head. I too have bought multiple for the reason, but can't assemble them yet. How come you sold off 3 of the wagons? I doubt I will sell off my extra engines, but wouldn't dream of selling off the cargo or wagons. Probably couldn't part with the shunter truck default_blush.gifdefault_classic.gif

It's neat to see how long multiple Maersk sets together look. I could visualize it n my head. I too have bought multiple for the reason, but can't assemble them yet. How come you sold off 3 of the wagons? I doubt I will sell off my extra engines, but wouldn't dream of selling off the cargo or wagons. Probably couldn't part with the shunter truck.

Hi Lego Guy Bri, i sold 3 wagons because i did not have containers for them. I dislike empty wagons, so that is why i sold them. I could get a decent price, so why not. Maybe i will buy another 2 sets in the future and do the same thing again, just keep the 3 containers and wagons of each set.....

greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Lego Guy Bri, i sold 3 wagons because i did not have containers for them. I dislike empty wagons, so that is why i sold them. I could get a decent price, so why not. Maybe i will buy another 2 sets in the future and do the same thing again, just keep the 3 containers and wagons of each set.....

I see, having not built one yet, I forget we only get one refrigerator container per set. They do seem to fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I paid $38 a piece for 2 wagons with two containers and haven't found, the same, or cheaper price since default_classic.gif

Edited by Lego Guy Bri

I see, having not built one yet, I forget we only get one refrigerator container per set. They do seem to fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I paid $38 a piece for 2 wagons with two containers and haven't found, the same, or cheaper price since default_classic.gif

Recently there was one who offered containers and wagons for Eur 20,- each.....so a wagon with two containers would cost met Eur 60,- So the 25,- i paid seems to be a reasonable price... It also seems there are not many who offer the containers and wagons separate... The point is that wagons and containers are in various bags.... Normally there is one bag with one wagon.....but... this is somewhat more difficult. Also the parts of the truck are spread all over the number 2 bags.

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I had a Maersk train of similar length at our local 2011 train show:

It is indeed a very nice train.

Tonight i powered the both engines with PF stuff! It easily pulls the 7 cars, so i might consider expanding the train with another 3 cars.... It ran easy on a circular track, made longer with 4 x 2 straights..... this is just enough to prevent the engines fromt touching the rear end of the train!

I will put the train in my layout later and let it run around there and make a video!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I just uploaded a video on YouTube from my Maersktrain in my layout!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

That is a nice one also... really a nice train... would love to ride with it once in real life!!!!!!!

Hi there, my Maersk 10219 train is now 3.60 meters long.. 2 engines with 10 cars + 20 containers

7309918996_b27f9da899.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Im not a lego train guy at all but i give props to anyone who can build something awesome like that.

good work

Im not a lego train guy at all but i give props to anyone who can build something awesome like that.

good work

Thanks...but it wasn't THAT difficult at all... :laugh: i just followed the buildinginstructions...haha...

BTW, i added another Locomotive...so that is number three.. i have to motorize it first and then make new videos and pictures...

It will be 3.90 meters long then!

Running Maersk

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Tomorrow i will post a new video of the whole train. Here a rolling stock picture:

7342787750_71ca076e90.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Very jealous!

I have 2 sets but would love to get more! Long trains look so much better!

Even jealous of the extra emerald night carriages!

Very jealous!

I have 2 sets but would love to get more! Long trains look so much better!

Even jealous of the extra emerald night carriages!

If you buy extra 10219 sets and sell all you don't need, it isnt even expensive to have extra containercars...

Here a few pictures from yesterday with the 3 locomotives!!

7159776735_51fcc79baf.jpg

7159729029_40eec3590c.jpg

7159727893_e4e61954de.jpg

And the real thing: 7347990054_cf82b8eb15.jpg

Here a link to a HD-video of my 4 meters long Maersk:

Yesterday i had luck again..found another Emerald Night carriage on the internet.... and again for a really decent price!!

So that is number 4...will receive it today... !

I know i'm not as creative as a lot of MOC-train builders, but i love to have trains like these......!!! :blush:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

How fast are those two engines when they have to pull 10 cars? Do both engines have a motor?

Hi legotrainfan, the last video shows the Maersktrain with 3 engines. All 3 engines are motorized..

Those 10 cars can be pulled by 2 Engines, but an extra motorized Engine is almost needed. I tried to put an extra Engine in front of the train without a motor, but that was to heavy for only 2 motors.... so that is why i motorized the third one as well.

It also depends on your layout... if i put the train in my layout, i doubt it, wether it would run well.. On the track in my livingroom, it easily pulls the 10 cars... because there are no tight curves and there are a lot of straight pieces of track....

So, in fact, just try and you will find out... but even trying is nice, with such a train...!! :wink:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Love to see you put the Maersk locomotives back to back...I also liked you extra cars, although maybe the v16 engines could have been made flat. Thanks for posting

Ive found that to be very true...the slightest bend in the track slows the convoy down quite a bit!

Hi legotrainfan, the last video shows the Maersktrain with 3 engines. All 3 engines are motorized..

Those 10 cars can be pulled by 2 Engines, but an extra motorized Engine is almost needed. I tried to put an extra Engine in front of the train without a motor, but that was to heavy for only 2 motors.... so that is why i motorized the third one as well.

It also depends on your layout... if i put the train in my layout, i doubt it, wether it would run well.. On the track in my livingroom, it easily pulls the 10 cars... because there are no tight curves and there are a lot of straight pieces of track....

So, in fact, just try and you will find out... but even trying is nice, with such a train...!! :wink:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Love to see you put the Maersk locomotives back to back...I also liked you extra cars, although maybe the v16 engines could have been made flat. Thanks for posting

A contact from me in the US lives near Cleveland Ohio, and said that the Locomotives are put this way... well, because of the fact i would like to touch realism as good as i can, i followed up his advice (thanks Jonathan) and obviously he is right :laugh: !!!

I will try to make nice pictues of my Emerald Night with 4 passengercars now....!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thanks...but it wasn't THAT difficult at all... :laugh: i just followed the buildinginstructions...haha...

BTW, i added another Locomotive...so that is number three.. i have to motorize it first and then make new videos and pictures...

It will be 3.90 meters long then!

Running Maersk

Greetz, LegoSjaak

the link is removed? =[