Sign in to follow this  
mebesquee

Hi from USA!

Hi everyone. I have been searching out for a good LEGO forum and think I found a good active one. Glad to be here.

A little info about me if you care...

As a kid, I probably only ever owned about 25 bricks. Yes, 25. They were too expensive for my parents to buy but now that I am grown and can afford them, I am getting to play like I wished I could as a kid. I picked up a few sets and brick tubs but don't really have enough to build anything but rainbow for now. I have read cover to cover 2 books on LEGO and am starting to read the Unofficial Builder's Guide. I think I am at that point where I have bricks but don't know where to begin on building. Any ideas on how to jump-start my building?

Also, I am going to be at a Grand Opening for a LEGO store near my town I grew up in this weekend. What should I buy if my budget is around $100 (US)? I was thinking a couple "pick-a-brick" cups and probably a Marvel set in preparation for the movie.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome!

Only 25 bricks... *huh* ...well, that is still potentially millions of possibilities, depending on the actual pieces. :grin:

One option to jump-start your building is to use the free LEGO Digital Designer program to build virtually, so that you are not limited by the size of your collection.

Pick-a-brick cups are generally a good deal, with the larger size a slightly better price; but for a grand opening there is the potential of demand being greater than immediate supply, or other problems caused by crowds. I would recommend that you get to the store fairly early, on Saturday, and spend at least $35, so that you can get set #3300003 for free. (There is a topic in The Embassy forum that has more information about it.)

Welcome!

Only 25 bricks... *huh* ...well, that is still potentially millions of possibilities, depending on the actual pieces. :grin:

One option to jump-start your building is to use the free LEGO Digital Designer program to build virtually, so that you are not limited by the size of your collection.

Pick-a-brick cups are generally a good deal, with the larger size a slightly better price; but for a grand opening there is the potential of demand being greater than immediate supply, or other problems caused by crowds. I would recommend that you get to the store fairly early, on Saturday, and spend at least $35, so that you can get set #3300003 for free. (There is a topic in The Embassy forum that has more information about it.)

Thanks for the advice. And yes, I made due but obviously it was a lot of "oh a duck, oh a different color duck, etc.".

Thanks for the advice. And yes, I made due but obviously it was a lot of "oh a duck, oh a different color duck, etc.".

You're welcome. Next, a goose should be built... :laugh:

Hi everyone. I have been searching out for a good LEGO forum and think I found a good active one. Glad to be here.

A little info about me if you care...

As a kid, I probably only ever owned about 25 bricks. Yes, 25. They were too expensive for my parents to buy but now that I am grown and can afford them, I am getting to play like I wished I could as a kid. I picked up a few sets and brick tubs but don't really have enough to build anything but rainbow for now. I have read cover to cover 2 books on LEGO and am starting to read the Unofficial Builder's Guide. I think I am at that point where I have bricks but don't know where to begin on building. Any ideas on how to jump-start my building?

Also, I am going to be at a Grand Opening for a LEGO store near my town I grew up in this weekend. What should I buy if my budget is around $100 (US)? I was thinking a couple "pick-a-brick" cups and probably a Marvel set in preparation for the movie.

Thanks for reading.

Try and make it on the first day, if you do you'll get a free "LEGO Store" set with that purchase. In addition to what you listed, I also recommend picking up a few of the Collectible Series 7 minifigs--they are DEFINITELY worth the cost. :wink: . Which store opening are you going to, if you don't mind me asking?

Try and make it on the first day, if you do you'll get a free "LEGO Store" set with that purchase. In addition to what you listed, I also recommend picking up a few of the Collectible Series 7 minifigs--they are DEFINITELY worth the cost. :wink: . Which store opening are you going to, if you don't mind me asking?

Nashville, TN

hi:

in the "unoffical guide.... " that you mentioned there is a

nice model of the space shuttle, that you can build for starters, i did and i really enjoyed it.

Welcome(but :laugh: i am as new as you.