sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

You are right, it does - people can imagine her with a non-decal face - pretty much any female face would be fine for her.

All my minifig heads - purist and custom - are in one box so some things do sneak through my purist filter for here!

yo Ianmrid, Random is soooooo Random, thats awesome. Hey I was wondering (regular posters) what comics do you read currently if any? Avengers Arena and Cable and X-Force were two that just wrapped that I read but I also follow the X-Men titles and Spider-Man.

Oh I forgot DC, kinda stopped with the New 52. Currently I read only Action Comics, but only as of like a few issues ago, the new writer is very good.

aaaaaaand finally got to do some team/group shots

wfrHTSR.jpg

Cable and X-Force Cast: Forge, Boom Boom, Cable, Domino, Colossus, Dr. Nemesis

wTTIpfD.jpg

Avengers Arena Cast: Cammi, Darkhawk, Chase, Nico, Nara, Anachronism, Kid Briton, X-23, Hazmat, Reptil

Please, leave the 'Which comic do you read?' kind of questions to the Community forum.

This thread is to share and discuss purist custom minifigures, not just the comics they appear into. Thanks all. :classic:

I was just curious, wanted to get to know y'all a little

Edited by autorazr

I love your Cloak and Dagger and especially your Multiple Man - it was strange because I mentioned him earlier in a different thread! Not sure on Jubilees face tho. But excellent stuff!

And just seen your Hamzet :wub:

Edited by rosalind14

I was just curious, wanted to get to know y'all a little

Well, the attempt was appreciated and I don't see the harm, since it is pretty much the same 5-10 people having the discussion and showing work...but, rules is rules, I guess.

Yow, I really like your design for Domino autorazr, vary well done. Have you ever thought about trying skin tone?? :wink:

I agree that the Domino is great (I'm at my bench, working on stealing it as I type this) (love that Cloak and Dagger too) but I hope autorazr always stays true to being our resident yellow-head.

Edited by Repeter

Oh I'm staying yellow. I'm just old school, I always felt uneasy about fleshy Minifigs. I see the appeal of having them fit in with the official superheroes sets, but id rather they fit in with city and the rest of lego.

Oh I'm staying yellow. I'm just old school, I always felt uneasy about fleshy Minifigs. I see the appeal of having them fit in with the official superheroes sets, but id rather they fit in with city and the rest of lego.

I think the fleshie vs. yellow thing is toy-racism. :sceptic: Why not mix both? Lego shows us that in the LEGO Movie.

dont opent this can of worms with me, I won't take being called racist lightly whatsoever. Having them be flesh colored is what's racist. It was better when race was ambiguous.

edit: Even if it's just toy-racist, you don't just say that to someone, you don't even know what race I am.

Edited by autorazr

Thank you rosalind, It was him that inspired it, I was like "oh no way I can make a perfect Anachronism" and I did and was like, well, gotta do as much of the whole cast as I can. I'll update with a deathlocket soon, she was kind of my favorite. I was hoping some of you were current comics readers and would recognize them.

dont opent this can of worms with me, I won't take being called racist lightly whatsoever. Having them be flesh colored is what's racist. It was better when race was ambiguous.

edit: Even if it's just toy-racist, you don't just say that to someone, you don't even know what race I am.

First, I didn't intend to offend. (sorry if that happened). My point was, why all the hate towards fleshies? I mix both because it's how it was intended most likely(Lego Movie). It really is discriminating against a "race", toy or not, if you don't like them because they aren't yellow. :sceptic:

I think it was cowardly to make fleshy minifigs. they were intended to be yellow because they could represent any race. When it came down to it, I think they were too chicken to make Lando yellow and that started the fleshy trend. So yeah I am against it, but for the reason that it kind of destroys one of the things that makes lego great. Before IP sets and fleshy parts, no one complained about a lack of diversity in lego, because it was a moot point. That being said, I'm not offended I just think you need to watch the "R" word nah mean? Lets not keep talking about this though, dont want a mod to tell us it don't belong here (as Im sure it doesnt), plus it's just too heavy a topic, when it comes down to it, I chose yellow, its just a preference and it makes my creations unique from the others on this thread.

aaaaaaand finally got to do some team/group shots

Cable and X-Force Cast: Forge, Boom Boom, Cable, Domino, Colossus, Dr. Nemesis

Avengers Arena Cast: Cammi, Darkhawk, Chase, Nico, Nara, Anachronism, Kid Briton, X-23, Hazmat, Reptil

Where'd you get the torso for the guy on the far left of the top pic? (I'm not too well-versed in X-lore)

Also, have you tried making Blink yet? She'd be a pretty cool addition.

I think it was cowardly to make fleshy minifigs. they were intended to be yellow because they could represent any race. When it came down to it, I think they were too chicken to make Lando yellow and that started the fleshy trend. So yeah I am against it, but for the reason that it kind of destroys one of the things that makes lego great. Before IP sets and fleshy parts, no one complained about a lack of diversity in lego, because it was a moot point. That being said, I'm not offended I just think you need to watch the "R" word nah mean? Lets not keep talking about this though, dont want a mod to tell us it don't belong here (as Im sure it doesnt), plus it's just too heavy a topic, when it comes down to it, I chose yellow, its just a preference and it makes my creations unique from the others on this thread.

Superman wouldn't be recognized if he was yellow. Neither would Lando, cause every damn Star Wars fan knows he's black. Lego would be sued straight. And either way, minifigs were always stereotypically(sp?) "white". So Flesh figs just confirm it.I realize it's a preference, but if Figures were people, we'd have a second MLK I'm sure. Besides, it STILL is discrimination. You can't justify it. No matter what you say. Again, I don't mean to offend. It's my opinion.

Okay, I'm finished.

Edited by korpen4444

Please, autorazr and korpen4444, keep your personal debates to the PM system, if you feel like going on on the subject.

It's the second time I have to re-direct this topic in a week. I wouldn't want to have to close it, so please behave people. Thanks. :classic:

Please, autorazr and korpen4444, keep your personal debates to the PM system, if you feel like going on on the subject.

It's the second time I have to re-direct this topic in a week. I wouldn't want to have to close it, so please behave people. Thanks. :classic:

Yo LuxorV, if you look back I literally said a Mod was going to say something and to stop. Honestly though, get that guy outta here, I'm tired being told I'm discriminatory.

Where'd you get the torso for the guy on the far left of the top pic? (I'm not too well-versed in X-lore)

Also, have you tried making Blink yet? She'd be a pretty cool addition.

That's from the older Miners series, the one before Power Miners.

Sorry Luxor. I was just commenting. It won't happen again.

Thank you rosalind, It was him that inspired it, I was like "oh no way I can make a perfect Anachronism" and I did and was like, well, gotta do as much of the whole cast as I can. I'll update with a deathlocket soon, she was kind of my favorite. I was hoping some of you were current comics readers and would recognize them.

Definitely! Been a comic reader for decades! Your Anachronism wouldn't look out of place in an actual Superhero set! Definitely won't be copying it.....!!!

Autorazr, I can't remember, but have you done an Arcade to round out your Avengers Arena group? I am really digging that Kid Briton too, btw.

Also, I copied your Domino and am very happy, as she is one of my favorites. The funny thing is, I've always had that head in mind. The twist to the hair was inspiring. The only difference with mine is that I used Faora's body, turning the torso around. I'd snap a pic, but apparently, dropping one's camera from the table is not recommended. Anyway, thanks for the idea!