sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Has anyone seen (or made) a purist Gambit from the X-Men universe?

Or a purist Professor X (not in the floating chair thing but in an actual wheelchair)

On 4/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, Hawkeye12 said:

if you want goggles, then the hawkeye heads could work.

The frustrating thing is that that head would be absolutely perfect...if the goggles weren't red. I'm currently working on a time machine so I can convince Marvel executives that Hawkeye wears blue to resolve the issue :grin:

Gambit

hair: any brown hair

head: old stormtrooper head 

neck attachment: black Ninjago bandanna 

torso: old Han Solo 

legs: generic black(any better idea)

professor x

head: Gandalf 

torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sim041&name=Waylon Smithers - Minifigure only Entry&category=[Collectible Minifigures][The Simpsons Series 2]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

legs:black

On 4/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, jonwil said:

Has anyone seen (or made) a purist Gambit from the X-Men universe?

Or a purist Professor X (not in the floating chair thing but in an actual wheelchair)

31008013333_83f8e81ee0.jpg

Here is my version of Gambit. The photo lighting is not very good, but I plan on taking new photos with better lighting soon. Alien legs with purple armor matches his 90's look, and Hawkeye torso gives him his trenchcoat look. Head is the same one @Legoman0120 suggested. I suggest one light flesh hand and one black hand to reflect his weird finger/less gloves.

This is my first post but ive been following this thread for awhile now and ive had some ideas for some improvements to other characters ive seen executed pretty well already

-Mercy's head from the Overwatch sets could be used for Rescue

-Whiplash could use Jack Sparrows head and the hair from aquaman from the movie set

-Loki could use Moana's hair for a longer pushed back look

-Happy Hogan's new look with the goatee could be created with the head of the goon with the goatee from the BvS batmobile set and the dark brown afro from the one collectible series gladiator

If any of these look good, let me know because these are just ideas i have

Edited by TheLegend27
adding to a description

For anybody that's still interested, you can make a pretty close comic-accurate version of Ronin using the torso and legs from The Ninjago pod Cole with black hands, one of the suggested heads from above and the reddish brown spiked hair. The torso is almost identical to the comic version of Ronin, with the only major difference being that small Sensei emblem that only took me like an hour to erase if you feel like going non-purist.

Sorry to bother you all, but does anyone have suggestions for how to make Living Laser, Batroc the Leaper (not the movie design), and the Beetle's classic armor?

5 hours ago, Captain Crit said:

Sorry to bother you all, but does anyone have suggestions for how to make Living Laser, Batroc the Leaper (not the movie design), and the Beetle's classic armor?

I have a Batroc but I haven't taken pictures yet. In brief, torso from the 2nd (purple) Magneto, Magenta bike helmet. Two-Face goon's head. Purple legs. It's not a true recreation of any Batroc in particular, but it gets the impression of the purple doofus with the goofy facial hair part of his character. I haven't found a yellow/gold helmet for him.

973pb1861c01.png30171.png3626bpb0646.png

11 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I have a Batroc but I haven't taken pictures yet. In brief, torso from the 2nd (purple) Magneto, Magenta bike helmet. Two-Face goon's head. Purple legs. It's not a true recreation of any Batroc in particular, but it gets the impression of the purple doofus with the goofy facial hair part of his character. I haven't found a yellow/gold helmet for him.

I like where your going with this!

The head is absolutely perfect, and if I add a LEGO Batman utility belt, I can have some yellow!

Thank you!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

6 hours ago, steveholt said:

There is a star wars torso that would work better for batroc. 

Puppet Master, Egghead, Leader

https://a2zminifigures.com/blogs/news/puppet-master-egghead-leader

Wizard, American Eagle, Killmonger 

https://a2zminifigures.com/blogs/news/wizard-american-eagle-killmonger

I am loving Puppet Master, Leader, and Eggy.

Also, could you provide a link to the torso you had in mind, please?

Edited by Captain Crit

I’d love to see them, one day I hope to make my own Galactus and like seeing others for inspiration 

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

I’d love to see them, one day I hope to make my own Galactus and like seeing others for inspiration 

Sure thing!

**Galactus..Hungers!**

F6C61093-F9C7-408E-8DAC-D1A6DCD9B918.jpeg

Edited by Captain-DeadPool

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

That’s really good :)

I like the grate on his head

Thank you! It is one of those older printed lego bricks from the 80’s/70’s I had lying around and thought it would look good on him. 

Now, for the onslaught.

17002065-E26A-4A2D-A200-79936DAF0BE0.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Captain Crit said:

Nice Onslaught and Galactus.

Thank you. I hope to do Eson in a similar fashion to Galactus once I harbor enough red and lime green pieces.

I myself am not a fan of the QR suits, but I though the colors and designs screamed future foundation F4, so I have used the two I have so far to make Mr fantastic and Johnny storm. Enjoy!

23177D62-3C02-4F74-AD59-5EC623D949AF.jpeg

Edited by Captain-DeadPool
Wanted to insert another photo

Say, those suits DO look like the Future Foundation suits. Clever move.

Sorry to bother you all again, but does anyone know how to make Trapster's modern suit? The one with the salmon colored helmet?