sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Recommended Posts

I think Brickheadz MOCs and projects, even those related to SuperHeroes should go in the relevant forums, not here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Schwa said:

@x105Black You're in luck!

Thanks for posting that!  I've been considering building one of my own, but I'm not really a fan of Brickheadz.  I just think it would be a good way to represent that character.  I think I'd use more purple in mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda on an AOS kick right now (it's surprisingly good this season!)

Anyone have good ideas for Glenn Talbot's Graviton? I was thinking this torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2560c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I don't have...

Or maybe this one if we stretch the imagination: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0898c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I do have.

On to legs and face. Tony Stark's is possible, but I was thinking maybe using Baze Malbus's just for the graying soulpatch.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1656&idColor=28#T=C&C=28

Legs seem like they'd be the least unique component.

So back to the question...any other ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 6:12 PM, Skier1215 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda on an AOS kick right now (it's surprisingly good this season!)

Anyone have good ideas for Glenn Talbot's Graviton? I was thinking this torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2560c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I don't have...

Or maybe this one if we stretch the imagination: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0898c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I do have.

On to legs and face. Tony Stark's is possible, but I was thinking maybe using Baze Malbus's just for the graying soulpatch.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1656&idColor=28#T=C&C=28

Legs seem like they'd be the least unique component.

So back to the question...any other ideas?

Here are some of my shots! My favorite is the last one!

42051614302_1a075c9109_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (1) by Numbuh1Nerd

27226535517_f18d8ccb4a_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (2) by Numbuh1Nerd

42051615072_9f00120534_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (3) by Numbuh1Nerd

27226536287_7fa3c78f00_n.jpgMarvel's Graviton (MCU) by Numbuh1Nerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

As a big fan of the show, I am eager to make my own Graviton, so thanks for the great ideas! I was going to suggest the third one to @Skier1215's original post. Seeing these all together, I think the second one is my favorite. Is that a Ninjago torso?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, linnormlord said:

As a big fan of the show, I am eager to make my own Graviton, so thanks for the great ideas! I was going to suggest the third one to @Skier1215's original post. Seeing these all together, I think the second one is my favorite. Is that a Ninjago torso?

It's from the CMF Space Villain!
 

 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

I can't get a good picture right now, but the Bane head shows WAY too much green. The Doom head is better, but mostly just looks like a mess of metal plates. It really just looks like he has the wrong head, imo. Personally, I would keep looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would this character's head work?

LEGO Star Wars Minifigur - Sith Warrior (2013)

Also, could someone put together a Star-Lord custom with that head? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

Try the Spacesuit batman head from the green lantern set. It works wonders

 

Edited by Biggus_Brickus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to make Rusty Collins from Deadpool 2. I'm thinking this hair, this torso or maybe this one, and short legs. No idea what to use for the head, all flesh and dark flesh heads I can find on brickowl look too happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ood0 try Raj's face from the bigbang set. Also the red hoodie zipper will work fine because the other torso's color is not correct. 

Raj's alternate face is more like "what to do face".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ood0 said:

I'm trying to make Rusty Collins from Deadpool 2. I'm thinking this hair, this torso or maybe this one, and short legs. No idea what to use for the head, all flesh and dark flesh heads I can find on brickowl look too happy.

This one's not exactly pissed off, but it definitely seems like a chubby kid about to start somethin',which feels right to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 25/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, astig said:

hi everyone. first time joining in on this fun! so many cool and inventive customs here its amazing! i'd like to share some of mine. thanks! :)

here's my Deadpool, Colossus, FF4 and spidey villains

Even more Deadpool!...plus Colossus by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Fantastic Four! by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Chameleon Electro Mysterio by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

WOW. That Deadpool is so good I had to take a second look to realize it wasn't the official figure! Your Fantastic Four are great, too, especially the Thing! Mysterio's helmet is downright inspired - I've never seen anyone do a version of him with those pieces before! Wonderful stuff! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 1:49 AM, astig said:

hi everyone. first time joining in on this fun! so many cool and inventive customs here its amazing! i'd like to share some of mine. thanks! :)

here's my Deadpool, Colossus, FF4 and spidey villains

Even more Deadpool!...plus Colossus by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Fantastic Four! by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Chameleon Electro Mysterio by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Those are really impressive! Your photography is top-notch as well! Congratulations!

Heads up on Sue Storm's hair– if you're just trying to match style, the same piece appears in a more fitting banana-Yellow color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your suggestions.

On 25/05/2018 at 9:49 AM, astig said:

hi everyone. first time joining in on this fun! so many cool and inventive customs here its amazing! i'd like to share some of mine. thanks! :)

here's my Deadpool, Colossus, FF4 and spidey villains

Even more Deadpool!...plus Colossus by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Fantastic Four! by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Chameleon Electro Mysterio by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

These are amazing. That Deadpool is the best purist I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to make a purist bigfig juggernaut inspired by @astig's amazing work, such as this. I mostly have it down, but I can't find any good minifigure helmets (besides maybe this, but I don't have it so I haven't tested it) or think of any good brickbuilt helmets to give him. Does anyone have any ideas? Here's a WIP of the fig. Sorry for the low quality photography, and for everything being dusty.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

Would the following head work for Ant-Man? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2090&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Black Eyebrows, Smile / Pilot Breathing Mask Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

I don't have it so I wouldn't know if it works. The heads other people have suggested are good but I think it would be better if his eyes were showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

Would the following head work for Ant-Man? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2090&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Black Eyebrows, Smile / Pilot Breathing Mask Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

I don't have it so I wouldn't know if it works. The heads other people have suggested are good but I think it would be better if his eyes were showing.

That seems like a GREAT fit, if I could get my hands on one. Seems a bit hard to find. All the suggestions I tried (but only the ones I tried) fail at the eyes. This looks like a great fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new hat 6225188 would work for the captain cold with powers (was that new 52? I'm not sure)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres a few of mine.

from left to right: Heatwave (Mix of CW and comics), Firefly- Bridgit Pike (Gotham S:2), Firefly- Garfield Lynns (Mix of different designs inspired by @Duncan Young's many takes on the character) and Oracle.

28661563138_4aaa1a51fd_c.jpgDC Purist customs. by Bismuth83, on Flickr

p.s: anyone know any heads that would work for a masked Bridgit Pike. (Picture in spoiler bracket)

Spoiler

Image result for firefly gotham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Heres a few of mine.

from left to right: Heatwave (Mix of CW and comics), Firefly- Bridgit Pike (Gotham S:2), Firefly- Garfield Lynns (Mix of different designs inspired by @Duncan Young's many takes on the character) and Oracle.

DC Purist customs. by Bismuth83, on Flickr

p.s: anyone know any heads that would work for a masked Bridgit Pike. (Picture in spoiler bracket)

  Hide contents

 

 

I think that https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw768#T=S&O={"iconly":0} would work great

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.