sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Does anyone have tips for the Royal Family of Inhumans, I have a Gorgan but not sure how to approach the others

For Black-Bolt I reccomend a black biker helmet with the lone ranger head under it. This makes for a good cowl. Torso wise I'm not sure. As for Medusa I'd go with Ariel Hair, '66 catwoman head and Nebula's or LBM catwoman's torso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I had the same idea a while back but sadly I don't have Ronan or that piece. ?

I have Ronan, and a bunch of those pieces are on their way to me.  That'll be my second villain, I think, with an infinity stone in his staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Does anyone have tips for the Royal Family of Inhumans, I have a Gorgan but not sure how to approach the others

I've done Gorgon, Medusa and Karnak if you want to search for them on this thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I had the same idea a while back but sadly I don't have Ronan or that piece. ?

Here is a good purist Triton:

 

For Medusa I recommend the CMF Disney Ariel hair. Good volume and color and maybe Nebula's torso (with purple arms swapped in obviously).

Also, the comic variant of Thor (from the Avengers Assemble Hulk's Lab Smash set) has a good backside of the torso for Black Bolt. I'd give him black legs and human head/hair (no cowl) and say its meant to be based off of the MCU suit.

Not sure on the rest though.

 

7 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

For Black-Bolt I reccomend a black biker helmet with the lone ranger head under it. This makes for a good cowl. Torso wise I'm not sure. As for Medusa I'd go with Ariel Hair, '66 catwoman head and Nebula's or LBM catwoman's torso.

 

2 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I've done Gorgon, Medusa and Karnak if you want to search for them on this thread 

Thank you so much for these. I can probably make that Triton (or and approximation) @Legocity2713 thank you for the inspiration. I've also thought the Ariel hair would be good I just need to get one. I never thought of the Nebula torso before, Thank you @Biggus_Brickus. I'll go take a look @Hulk_Smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 7:18 AM, Marvel_Geek8 said:

 

 

Thank you so much for these. I can probably make that Triton (or and approximation) @Legocity2713 thank you for the inspiration. I've also thought the Ariel hair would be good I just need to get one. I never thought of the Nebula torso before, Thank you @Biggus_Brickus. I'll go take a look @Hulk_Smash

By black helmet i mean like the one on the calculator but black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 10:06 PM, Legocity2713 said:

I've wanted to use the Barbara Gordon head for Claire Temple forever now and want to finally put it into real bricks but I have no good torso ideas. The one below is honestly the best one that isn't plain nurse scrubs but sadly I don't have it. I've been thinking of maybe using the olive green torso from the Big Bang Theory set but I'm not sure. Anyone have any alternatives that you think would work or ones that you yourseves have been using? Thanks :)

NY

 

I'm looking at the Electra here. What magic is holding her sword in place without a neck bracket?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I'm looking at the Electra here. What magic is holding her sword in place without a neck bracket?

Not the point, but that's Colleen Wing, not Elektra. Given Matt's glasses are digitally colored, I'd be willing to bet that that sword isn't there by purist means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I have a few more minifigures, all from Marvel

Lego Sinister Six (solo pics are on my Flickr)

Lego Sinister Six

 

From L-R: Agent Venom, Gamora, Beta Ray Bill, The Collector (with Aether)

Marvel Cosmic Characters

 

From L-R: Daredevil, Banshee, Quake, modern take on Swordsman

Marvel Heroes 1

 

From L-R: Bulldozer, Trapster, Doctor Doom, Silver Samurai

Marvel Villains 1

 

Red King in Battle Armor from Planet Hulk

Lego Red King Battle Armor

 

And finally, the Medieval Avengers (and Loki)!

Medieval Avengers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Not the point, but that's Colleen Wing, not Elektra. Given Matt's glasses are digitally colored, I'd be willing to bet that that sword isn't there by purist means. 

First I thought it was Colleen Wing, then I went to the flickr page and saw someone say "Electra," then I noticed that all the characters appeared to be from the Daredevil show, then I convinced myself it should be Elektra and not Colleen for that reason, then I convinced myself further that the red jacket confirmed it, then I came here and I misspelled it as "Electra" too, and now I come back and find out I was wrong, and the creator pointed it out in the comments to the other person who mislead me in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Regarding the non-purist witchcraft - I thought so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 4 Bricktober packs have been revealed. The 3rd week has a figure with Harley's pigtails hair piece in all red. Might be good to take a black marker to half of it and make a (semi-purist Arkham Harley) or y'know any other fig with red pigtails too :grin: :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the upcoming Ninjago Bricktober minifig set, the ninja-mask-with-eyepiece from the robot ninja dudes a few years back will be released in primarily-white, which will be great for anyone who wants a purist white-masked Deadshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PepperoniBricks said:

In the upcoming Ninjago Bricktober minifig set, the ninja-mask-with-eyepiece from the robot ninja dudes a few years back will be released in primarily-white, which will be great for anyone who wants a purist white-masked Deadshot.

The Batman one also has a great new eye mask face, useful for Hourman or someone with that mask style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2017 at 10:57 AM, Marvel_Geek8 said:

Does anyone have tips for the Royal Family of Inhumans, I have a Gorgan but not sure how to approach the others

 

On 8/31/2017 at 9:37 PM, Biggus_Brickus said:

For Black-Bolt I reccomend a black biker helmet with the lone ranger head under it. This makes for a good cowl. Torso wise I'm not sure. As for Medusa I'd go with Ariel Hair, '66 catwoman head and Nebula's or LBM catwoman's torso.

I agree with Biggus here. If you want the "glowing eyes" look for Black Bolt, you could use the upcoming Easter Bunny Batman or Roman Batman head from the Bricktober set. As for the torso, I'd suggest the Racer X torso.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:29 AM, linnormlord said:

I'm looking at the Electra Colleen Wing here. What magic is holding her sword in place without a neck bracket?

It's her hair braid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link below takes you to an article by Brick Samurai and we can see the new exclusive Ninjago minifigs that Toys R Us will be selling. The Neuro hairpiece looked interesting but what caught my eye was the white nindroid mask. Ever since the release of General Kryptor a few years ago people were using that mask for Deadshot and now it's finally coming in white! It'll be perfect for him!

https://bricksamurai.com/exclusive-ninjago-minifigures-toysrus/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PanzerBacchus said:

The link below takes you to an article by Brick Samurai and we can see the new exclusive Ninjago minifigs that Toys R Us will be selling. The Neuro hairpiece looked interesting but what caught my eye was the white nindroid mask. Ever since the release of General Kryptor a few years ago people were using that mask for Deadshot and now it's finally coming in white! It'll be perfect for him!

https://bricksamurai.com/exclusive-ninjago-minifigures-toysrus/

I know, right? It's almost like I said that a few entries back. :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

I know, right? It's almost like I said that a few entries back. :tongue:

Oh geez my bad :P  I guess I need to pay attention more. Oh well, at least the people have a direct link to a picture of the mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PanzerBacchus said:

Oh geez my bad :P  I guess I need to pay attention more. Oh well, at least the people have a direct link to a picture of the mask.

No harm. You did far more lego work than I did. :classic:

Edit: That was supposed to be leg work, but that typo is too good to pass up.

Edited by PepperoniBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defenders from L-R: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Elektra

Lego Defenders

From L-R: Quicksilver, Immortal Iron Fist, Howard the Duck, Absorbing Man, Shocker

Marvel Figs 4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.