sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

The CMF Highwayman pictures are starting to circulate, and I'm going to be the first to call it; body and legs are perfect for a Vandal Savage.

8 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

The CMF Highwayman pictures are starting to circulate, and I'm going to be the first to call it; body and legs are perfect for a Vandal Savage.

Or Sebastian Shaw =D

So, with the Thor: Ragnarok trailer out, I've seen a number of complaints in the Marvel 2017 thread over in the Licensed forum that Loki's torso is blue.  His torso in the film appears to be striped black leather, with dark green sleeves. While sleeves are easy enough to replace, the torso isn't quite as easy. Torsos that I found while scrolling through Bricklink:

and while it doesn't match that outfit, I thought Mordo's torso was reminiscent of Loki.

Anyone got any better ideas? Any pictures from upcoming lines that I missed?

13 hours ago, N_Cat said:

So, with the Thor: Ragnarok trailer out, I've seen a number of complaints in the Marvel 2017 thread over in the Licensed forum that Loki's torso is blue.  His torso in the film appears to be striped black leather, with dark green sleeves. While sleeves are easy enough to replace, the torso isn't quite as easy. Torsos that I found while scrolling through Bricklink:

and while it doesn't match that outfit, I thought Mordo's torso was reminiscent of Loki.

Anyone got any better ideas? Any pictures from upcoming lines that I missed?

Whilst not really based off anything in particular, I conjured up a neat Loki with the use off some random pieces, and because why not, I'll throw in some extras

Loki and Trick Shot

Custom Loki and Trick Shot

Mole Man and Dum Dum Dugan

Custom Mole Man and Dum Dum Dugan

Grant Ward and The Hood

Custom Grant Ward and Hood

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) and Adam Warlock

Custom Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock

Mach V and Jack O'Lantern (Ive shown these before, but the photo has better lighting now)

Custom Mach V and Jack O'Lantern

Clea and The Collector

Custom Clea and Collector

Edited by Quicksilver838

Is anyone besides me thinking of using Retro Spaceman's cape on Vision and possibly a Robin as well?  It's been years since we've gotten a yellow cape like that, and I believe the last one was on a Robin figure.

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Batman and Joker from the Dark Knight Returns

That looks fantastic! I love pretty much everything.  The Caesar Romero hair is great for the lighter hair color that Joker gets as he ages in that book,  that particular combo of Bat-parts is perfect (I would've gone straight to the BvS costume since it's based on TDKR, and I don't think I ever would've realized there was an even better torso), and the funhouse background is appropriate.  I think Joker's outfit is somewhat different in the original (I think it's a suit with a tie, not a tuxedo,) but this is a fitting substitute.

On 3/6/2016 at 1:49 PM, Darth_Brick360 said:
On 2/27/2016 at 11:59 PM, Pinacollata said:

Hey all, I've been reading this topic for a couple years now. (2014 probably!) And I've finally decided to make an account and share my own customs. I'm sure some of these have been done in this topic before, but I arranged most of them just by sorting through Bricklink.

http://imgur.com/a/Pz3MX

Emma Frost: She was my first custom, and one of my favorites Marvel characters.

ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, "Jessica Jones", rogue, and Professor X: These guys are kinda phoned in I guess. I'm not super happy with any of them, but they are what they are.

Electro Batman and Arctic Batman: These two are just changed to have the weapons they do in the Batman games. I'm very happy with how they came out.

Zatanna: She's my newest addition.. And a darn expensive one at that! The Victor Krum legs aren't cheap to come by! I got these majorly reduced because they had a scratch on them, but for the life of me I can't find it on it.

Malcom Merlyn: He was an easy fig to make, but I really liked how he turned out.

Whats professer X's torso from?

The newest Remus Lupin from Harry Potter.

23 hours ago, N_Cat said:

That looks fantastic! I love pretty much everything.  The Caesar Romero hair is great for the lighter hair color that Joker gets as he ages in that book,  that particular combo of Bat-parts is perfect (I would've gone straight to the BvS costume since it's based on TDKR, and I don't think I ever would've realized there was an even better torso), and the funhouse background is appropriate.  I think Joker's outfit is somewhat different in the original (I think it's a suit with a tie, not a tuxedo,) but this is a fitting substitute.

Thanks! Yeah, it's a tie originally but this is the only similar piece I have. That said, I am really happy with them both 

I also made a Weather Wizard, Mirror Master and Heatwave (Heatwave is pretty bland, though so is his costume normally to be honest)

DC Figbarf 37- The Rogues

I just stumbled upon this page looking for solutions to my problem and I thought I'd just ask it here. I'm trying to find Spider-Man villain Shocker parts, and more specifically, a mask, considering that's the most iconic part about him. I was hoping to get it in the Homecoming set but obviously, it looks like it isn't happening. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

I just stumbled upon this page looking for solutions to my problem and I thought I'd just ask it here. I'm trying to find Spider-Man villain Shocker parts, and more specifically, a mask, considering that's the most iconic part about him. I was hoping to get it in the Homecoming set but obviously, it looks like it isn't happening. Any thoughts?

I said it in the Marvel 2017 thread, but I'll say it again here: the pineapple piece looks just like Shocker's mask.  The obvious problem with a better head for Shocker is that yellow minifigure parts usually equals non-licensed flesh tone, so it's rare to see Lego use that color for a mask or other clothing.  You can peruse the Yellow heads section of Bricklink (I think there's 17 pages or so), and I'll let you know if I see anything on there myself.

EDIT: Looked into it a bit more.  I still think the Pineapple piece is the best option, but here are some alternatives if you're disinclined to search it yourself.

• Certain older heads had less detail, so if the rest of your collection is modern and licensed, you could easily imagine something like this is a mask.
  • If you want to reimagine Shocker's mask as having a mouth hole, you can pretend more recent heads, like this one, are supposed to be masks.
  • If you want to add detail to the pineapple head, you could add a helmet such as this onethis one (note this one doesn't come in yellow, so it would have to be representing the non-yellow portion of his face), or this one, and then throw on some compatible goggles to signify the eyes.
  • If you want a full mask piece covering a head of your choice, there aren't many options, but you could use this Hero Factory helmet or this Ninjago head wrap.
Edited by N_Cat

21 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Weather Wizard, Mirror Master and Heatwave

Great job as usual across the board, but I just wanted to dive in a bit deeper than usual because I love the Rogues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weather Wizard looks pretty good, except for the fact that the bright-green bits clash with the classic green bits. That's TLG's fault, not yours, so if you want to leave it as is, that's fine too. Also, if the color contrast was intentional, my apologies for over dissection. However, if you do want to change it, there are many ways you can go about it.

Matching with the torso and against those dual-molded legs with yellow boots ...

1) Replace the arms and hands you have now with green/yellow sleeved arms, and regular yellow hands.

2) Replace the arms and hands you have now with regular green arms and regular yellow hands.

As for matching against the torso and with those dual-molded legs with yellow boots ...

1)  Replace the arms and hands you have now with bright green/yellow sleeved arms and regular yellow hands.

2) Replace the arms and hands you have now with regular bright green arms and regular yellow hands.

As for matching the entire figure ...

1) Replace the torso you have now with the lizard costume torso, and either bright green/yellow sleeved arms and regular yellow hands, or regular bright green arms and regular yellow hands.

2) Replace the torso you have now with the Doctor Octopus torsoand either bright green/yellow sleeved arms and regular yellow hands, or regular bright green arms and regular yellow hands.

3) Replace the torso you have now with the winter jacket torsoand either bright green/yellow sleeved arms and regular yellow hands, or regular bright green arms and regular yellow hands.

As for making the boots uniform ...

1) Replace the hips you have now with regular bright green hips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mirror Master looks great as well, especially with the new utility belt, and chrome-ish ray gun, but I think the detail on the CMF Joker prisoner legs is just a bit too much for him. I'd recommend regular orange legs

Heat Wave looks pretty good, especially with that old school Snow Trooper torso. However, I think that the yellow airtanks and belt clash with him just a bit too much, so I'd recommend white airtanks, and an orange utility belt.

Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
I was in the middle of writing a long post and it was posted well before I finished. -_-

18 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Weather Wizard looks pretty good, except for the fact that the bright-green legs and arms clash with the classic green suit, but that's not your fault.
If you can get the green/yellow sleeved arms, add some regular yellow hands, and you'll have some pretty good gloved arms for Weather Wizard. You could also replace the arms you have now with regular green arms.

Finally, those dual-molded legs are the only ones with yellow boots, so unfortunately, you're stuck with them. The other way that you could fix the color scheme is by getting the 

The arms were actually deliberate so to make sure the legs didn't look too out of place. That said, I do hope to get a FatB set for legs for him, Flash and Dr Fate :wink: 

16 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

... That said, I do hope to get a FatB set for legs for him, Flash and Dr Fate :wink: 

I know that my post has since been edited, but on that specific note (^), has it been confirmed that the FatB set's legs are the proper shade of green?

7 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I know that my post has since been edited, but on that specific note (^), has it been confirmed that the FatB set's legs are the proper shade of green?

I believe so

4 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I believe so

If that's true, there are so many figures that we can make do thanks to those hips! :O I can't wait!
EDIT: Also, read the rest of my edited response; there are some tips in there for Mirror Master and Heat Wave as well.

3 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

If that's true, there are so many figures that we can make do thanks to those hips! :O I can't wait!
EDIT: Also, read the rest of my edited response; there are some tips in there for Mirror Master and Heat Wave as well.

Agreed! Thanks for the advice for the other figs too :)

Tombstone

VmmjQX3.jpg

I used the arms of Syndrome, only downside is a little silver piping

Chameleon

jDfNn7Q.jpg

Extremis head

Onaconda Farr torso

(weapons in the above two aren't purist, just the figs)

The Riddler

vfK0VqM.jpg

Hat was from the dragster riddler with the rest of the figure from fig in a different set and the cane using the piece from the latest Lego Batman Movie set

Mr Freeze (Eli Wallach)

G5bqwksh.jpg

Added the hairpiece and modified the freeze gun to be more accurate

This probably doesn't qualify but...

Archangel wings

4sbdn73.jpg

i didn't like the wings that came with this fig so I made some more accurate ones

Edited by MrLegoCollector

On 4/15/2017 at 5:16 PM, N_Cat said:

I said it in the Marvel 2017 thread, but I'll say it again here: the pineapple piece looks just like Shocker's mask.  The obvious problem with a better head for Shocker is that yellow minifigure parts usually equals non-licensed flesh tone, so it's rare to see Lego use that color for a mask or other clothing.  You can peruse the Yellow heads section of Bricklink (I think there's 17 pages or so), and I'll let you know if I see anything on there myself.

EDIT: Looked into it a bit more.  I still think the Pineapple piece is the best option, but here are some alternatives if you're disinclined to search it yourself.

• Certain older heads had less detail, so if the rest of your collection is modern and licensed, you could easily imagine something like this is a mask.
  • If you want to reimagine Shocker's mask as having a mouth hole, you can pretend more recent heads, like this one, are supposed to be masks.
  • If you want to add detail to the pineapple head, you could add a helmet such as this onethis one (note this one doesn't come in yellow, so it would have to be representing the non-yellow portion of his face), or this one, and then throw on some compatible goggles to signify the eyes.
  • If you want a full mask piece covering a head of your choice, there aren't many options, but you could use this Hero Factory helmet or this Ninjago head wrap.

Wow! Thank you so much!

9 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Great job as usual across the board, but I just wanted to dive in a bit deeper than usual because I love the Rogues.

Weather Wizard looks pretty good, except for the fact that the bright-green bits clash with the classic green bits. That's TLG's fault, not yours, so if you want to leave it as is, that's fine too. Also, if the color contrast was intentional, my apologies for over dissection. However, if you do want to change it, there are many ways you can go about it.

Actually, if you wanna be super accurate, Weather Wizard's traditional designs don't have any yellow apart from the wand and the pattern on the torso. His gloves are either green or gone, and the boots are usually melded into the costume and, again, solid green (save for a few designs in which they have yellow soles, but that's the kind of detail that just isn't possible in the current state of Lego). I was actually ready to hijack the yellow boots from my Doc Ock figure before I did a quick check and realized he doesn't have them. 

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Actually, if you wanna be super accurate, Weather Wizard's traditional designs don't have any yellow apart from the wand and the pattern on the torso. His gloves are either green or gone, and the boots are usually melded into the costume and, again, solid green (save for a few designs in which they have yellow soles, but that's the kind of detail that just isn't possible in the current state of Lego). I was actually ready to hijack the yellow boots from my Doc Ock figure before I did a quick check and realized he doesn't have them. 

I know that, but given that OP already had them on his figure, I assumed it was an artistic choice, and therefore I was only giving him ideas to keep the color scheme consistent if he so wished. On that note, I was lamenting the fact that TLG doesn't have regular green yellow booted shoes, so my advice became harder to articulate. :)

As for yellow soles, I think two yellow 1 X 1 plates underneath his feet would do the trick, if you don't mind the slight height difference that they create. ;)

Weather Wizard is actually a fairly easy figure to make, IMO, but the issue is with accuracy. Also, I think his design is so banal, those yellow boots and gloves would be a step up, if they appeared in the comics. :)

18 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I know that, but given that OP already had them on his figure, I assumed it was an artistic choice, and therefore I was only giving him ideas to keep the color scheme consistent if he so wished. On that note, I was lamenting the fact that TLG doesn't have regular green yellow booted shoes, so my advice became harder to articulate. :)

As for yellow soles, I think two yellow 1 X 1 plates underneath his feet would do the trick, if you don't mind the slight height difference that they create. ;)

Weather Wizard is actually a fairly easy figure to make, IMO, but the issue is with accuracy. Also, I think his design is so banal, those yellow boots and gloves would be a step up, if they appeared in the comics. :)

Oh, sorry! The yellow boots seem like such an obvious idea that I figured everyone just kinda filled them in in their head without realizing it like I did :grin: