sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

4 hours ago, The Brick King said:

The new pictures of the LBM Police Accessory Pack has shown me that it has the perfect head for Joe West. Add it to the body of the Collectable Series Commissioner Gordon with white arms and you have a near-perfect Joe West.

I think I'll probably end up swapping the head out on Chief O'Hara for one of the many new Barbara Gordon heads and make Renee Montoya.

WIP Squirrel Girl figure. My main Lego collection is at my parent's house; so I don't have a better torso to use as a stand in right now except for the CMF Babysitter torso! :tongue: Gonna Bricklink a bomber jacket torso and proper hands in the next purchase to fully finish it. A few things I have noticed building this mock up figure though, the hair and tail piece collide with each other, making it all a tight fit to pull of. However the head from the Batgirl figure suits the character well. Now I am tempted to do a regular Doreen figure, were instead of being in her Squirrel themed super hero get up; she is in normal clothes with a laptop and a ton of homework to do... College life in a nut shell.

img_7130.jpg

img_7131.jpg

Edited by xboxtravis7992

So, with figure details having leaked for the 2017 MCU sets a few weeks back, it looks like we're still going to be Odin-less going forward.

Based mainly on his Thor: The Dark World appearance, I've attempted a purist version:

zA8wdBx.jpg?1

For anyone wondering, it's made with the following parts:

On 1/15/2017 at 0:33 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

WIP Squirrel Girl figure. My main Lego collection is at my parent's house; so I don't have a better torso to use as a stand in right now except for the CMF Babysitter torso! :tongue: Gonna Bricklink a bomber jacket torso and proper hands in the next purchase to fully finish it. A few things I have noticed building this mock up figure though, the hair and tail piece collide with each other, making it all a tight fit to pull of. However the head from the Batgirl figure suits the character well. Now I am tempted to do a regular Doreen figure, were instead of being in her Squirrel themed super hero get up; she is in normal clothes with a laptop and a ton of homework to do... College life in a nut shell.

Thank you for paying respects to my dear, sweet child #KickButtsEatNuts

56 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Thank you for paying respects to my dear, sweet child #KickButtsEatNuts

Just seeing this post makes me wonder why nobody's mad TLG never released a Squirrel Girl.

17 minutes ago, Skier1215 said:

Just seeing this post makes me wonder why nobody's mad TLG never released a Squirrel Girl.

I actually remember reading a review on FBTB where the author stated he would pay "any amount of cash" it took to get any set no matter how bad the set was if it included Squirrel Girl. If she is released as a Comic Con exclusive there will probably be a fan revolt! Riots in the streets and Ebay scalpers galore! :tongue:

However the fact we have gotten Kamala Khan in a retail set (which I am still waiting for that one's US release by the way...) has me hopeful Lego will do more stuff based on what is popular in the comics at the time. If we have gotten Ms. Marvel, I am hoping others like Squirrel Girl, Spider Gwen, etc. aren't that far behind.

Just please if they do a Squirrel Girl, do the modern post-2015 looks. Either the bomber jacket look, or the gray jumpsuit with the tan line down the middle. Don't do that old black and brown monkey suit thing she used to wear... That would look way to weird.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I don't really make any custom minifigs, just tweak existing ones, but I noticed the head from the CMF Ice Queen would make a pretty spot-on Killer Frost from the recent Justice League Vs. Suicide Squad series.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

What is that head from? o_O

Skylar, Ninjago

On 1/19/2017 at 7:20 PM, Skier1215 said:

This could easily get off-topic fast, but I'm always silently hoping to see Squirrel Girl make it into a set someday, but we only just got Ms Marvel, who's way more major and way more palatable. Kamala's pretty average as far as superheroes go, but it's harder to sell the idea of a girl that just kinda happens to have squirrel powers and stops guys like Galactus and Doctor Doom through conversation and understanding to a public who scoffed at the idea of Ant-Man. Then again, we just got Detroit Steel and the Super Adaptoid, so I'd say #LEGOTippyToe2k18

(Side note: I, too, would definitely pay whatever eBay winds up charging for a Squirrel Girl minifig if they break my heart and make her an SDCC exclusive. She's the one character I'd do it for.)

5 hours ago, retrotaco said:

I don't really make any custom minifigs, just tweak existing ones, but I noticed the head from the CMF Ice Queen would make a pretty spot-on Killer Frost from the recent Justice League Vs. Suicide Squad series.

(Hush! Don't tip them off to one of my new favorite customs I've yet to post!!) :wink::tongue:

On 1/19/2017 at 7:26 PM, cravenn said:

Hey guys. I'm interested in making a Kaecilius from the Dr. Strange movie. Any ideas?

Torsos: I'd try either Elrond's from LotR or Skylor's from the Ninjago Condrai Copter set, and probably their respective legs as well.

Head: Maybe Bib Fortuna or Sith Anakin, something with real evil-looking stuff going on around the eyes but a pretty average/chiseled everything else.

Hair: No question about this one, the Joshamee Gibbs hair from Pirates of the Caribbean. It's perfect.

On 20/1/2017 at 1:26 AM, cravenn said:

Hey guys. I'm interested in making a Kaecilius from the Dr. Strange movie. Any ideas?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=95226&idColor=85&name=Dark Bluish Gray Minifig, Hair Swept Back with Short Ponytail&category=[Minifig, Hair]

Sith Anakin or the Mandarin head

Pong Krell Torso

Dark Grey arms

Marge’s orange skirt

Chancellor Palpatine legs

Edited by LuxorV
Reduced font size.

Recently got the Iron Man vs. Loki Juniors set and I was hoping the new Loki's cape would be better to replace my other Loki's old crumpled one but sadly no dice. These Loki capes sure are more crinkly than other capes of the same material. Is it the color or something? Has anyone else experienced the same issue? That said my actual question is: are there any green capes out or coming out that are made of that new, softer, 2015 material that I can use to repalce the paper cape with? I checked Brickset and can't find anything so this seemed like the most appropriate thread to ask. :)

On 20/01/2017 at 0:26 AM, cravenn said:

The head from the new 2017 Samurai X minifigure would make for a great Ronin figure!

On Hulk_Smash's note of using the LBM CMF parts for other superheroes/villains, I just realized that Calculator's face can be used for Wrecker from Marvel's Wrecking Crew, if you're willing to go outside his color scheme a bit. On that same note, I also saw that one of the Lego builders I follow on Flickr had used it for Ozymandias from Watchmen.

EDIT: It also works for Flamingo and White Rabbit from more recent Batman stuff.

On 1/23/2017 at 4:34 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Recently got the Iron Man vs. Loki Juniors set and I was hoping the new Loki's cape would be better to replace my other Loki's old crumpled one but sadly no dice. These Loki capes sure are more crinkly than other capes of the same material. Is it the color or something? Has anyone else experienced the same issue? That said my actual question is: are there any green capes out or coming out that are made of that new, softer, 2015 material that I can use to repalce the paper cape with? I checked Brickset and can't find anything so this seemed like the most appropriate thread to ask. :)

I don't have the set myself, but I think that because the set is aimed towards kids, who can be rougher with their bricks, that might explain why the cape is made out of a slightly different material. If I were you, I'd just Bricklink one.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

I know that I should stay on topic but I decided to ask this forum in specific because you guys are the best at spotting pieces and where they're from. Does anybody know what this daredevil's head is?

The Defenders of New YorkHell's Kitchen

26 minutes ago, Barnes said:

I know that I should stay on topic but I decided to ask this forum in specific because you guys are the best at spotting pieces and where they're from. Does anybody know what this daredevil's head is?

Typically the best way to identify a part is through Bricklink's catalog and its color guide feature. If you're talking about the head and not the cowl, then in this case, it looks like that head might not be an official Lego part either.  It's made of black plastic, and no catalogued black heads have red visors in that manner, and nor do any of the uncatalogued Lego Batman figures.

So to the best of my knowledge, it's either a non-Lego part, or a modified Lego part.

14 hours ago, N_Cat said:

So to the best of my knowledge, it's either a non-Lego part, or a modified Lego part.

Yeah thanks for the help. I realize know that it's a modified Batman head 

On 13/1/2014 at 10:24 PM, Glitch System said:

Penance

FnoIN5Y.jpg

Does anybody know what head is used for Penance?