sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I can't wait to see all of your new figures! :O
Also, if you use that resin casting technique with Lego, you should create your own topic in the Minifig Customiation Workshop forum and post them there! I'm sure that people would love to see them! :D 

N52 Superman: He looks great, but why the sleeves? They don't really seem to jive with the N52 all that well.

Alchemy: I am very confused about this character (I don't know much of anything about him, and there are like six versions of him! :wacko: *huh* :hmpf_bad: :ugh: :facepalm: :wall: :hmpf: :enough: :sceptic: )
In any case, nice figure!

Firefly: Another one?! I'm kidding, he looks awesome! :grin: :tongue:

Scarecrow: Looking amazing! I wish we had that scythe handle in trans-yellow, but this will have to do for now.

Steve Trevor: This looks good for a DCEU Steve. Personally, I prefer classic Steve. Either way, nice figure! 

Joker: I'd ask "Why the tux?" but he's the Joker, so there doesn't need to be one. :tongue:
Nice combos! 

I'd say the reason you're seeing so much of Doctor Alchemy is because he's one of our season-long big-bads on the Flash right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'd say the reason you're seeing so much of Doctor Alchemy is because he's one of our season-long big-bads on the Flash right now.

I went to look up the comics version, and he's one of those legacy characters that has like three or four different identities, and at least one different name. I hadn't even looked at the CW version yet. :enough:

3 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Has anyone tried making a custom Etrigan from DC with Hobgoblin's face?

I personally haven't, but I have seen it done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some images of the lego batman movie sets have been released, so we can now firmly say that the calendar man and kite man figures posted by BrickLink are real.

anybody have any ideas for characters to make with the new pieces seen in the images? I'm gonna say that batgirl's torso would be good for stephanie brown's batgirl costume, or maybe the new design of batgirl from the comics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

some images of the lego batman movie sets have been released, so we can now firmly say that the calendar man and kite man figures posted by BrickLink are real.

anybody have any ideas for characters to make with the new pieces seen in the images? I'm gonna say that batgirl's torso would be good for stephanie brown's batgirl costume, or maybe the new design of batgirl from the comics. 

"batgirl's torso would be good for stephanie brown's batgirl costume" - Steph's costume is a bit more of a mix of black and purple, but it definitely could work.

"maybe the new design of batgirl from the comics" - Which one? Specify, please. :) Do you mean The Batgirl of Burnside? I think this figure's based on that, actually.

 

Cat-Cycle:

As batwoman99 may have said:

With a few tweaks, that Batgirl could sub in for The Batgirl of Burnside.

 

Riddler Chase:

The trans-red visor from Kite-Man can help polish off this totally not self-promoting link of a classic Lego Batman: The Video Game style Scuba Robin, Riddler, himself, with a few tweaks could be used to make the Jim Carrey Batman Forever version, Calendar Man along with Bart Simpson's arms, fleshy hands, a new head, and a crown, can be used to make Batman: The Brave and the Bold's one-off super-powered version of Calendar Man: CALENDAR KING! :tongue: :grin: Magpie's armor can be used for various figures, and I can't get a good look at it, but her chest symbol looks vague and generalized enough to be useful elsewhere too.

 

I know that this isn't a figure, but with a few tweaks, Riddler's car could work for a custom Nick Fury flying car from the comics, and his cane can be used for the Arkham game trophies.

 

Clayface:

That mayor figure can be redone to look like the Arkham game style (blonde) Vicki Vale.

 

Killer Croc Tail Gator:

Zebra Man's hair can be used for classic comics Magpie, ironically enough, and O.M.A.C. (the Jack Kirby ones) and I can't get a good look at them, but Tarantula's arms might make for a good Vibe. The back of her torso could also work for the two members of Double Dare.

 

Arkham:

The belt piece in orange can work with the Deathstroke figure we already have and possibly classic Cat-Man.

EDIT: The keypad piece seen here, coupled with a neck bracket could compliment or help create The Calculator. :)
DOUBLE EDIT: The jumpsuits can be used to make inmate versions of any superhero or villain, and the female GCPD officers uniform could be tweaked to make the GCPF.
3x EDIT: As seen here, Two-Face's face might be useful for Metallo.

 

Joker Balloon Escape:

Joker's hair can be used for The Creeper.

 

Mr. Freeze:

His parts can be used for any of the three Blue Beetles.

 
Batmobile:
The Kabuki twins can sub in for Electra or Marvel's Hand ninjas, or really, anything maroon and female, plus the Bat round tile and canister from the grappling gun, as seen in this other, totally not self-promting link could be used to make wait for it- SHARK REPELLENT BAT SPRAY! I am dead serious here.

 

Joker lowrider:

Joker's arms can be used for an interpretation of the DC villain Double Down, and Harley looks really useful, but I want better pics.

EDIT: Harley Quinn's hips can also work for Ghost Rider, Punisher, or really anyone applicable with a 'skull' theme.

Again, not a figure, but the gold chicken can be used for a purist Staff of Horus from DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

 

Scuttler:

Babs can be customized into a comics style GCPD swat member. Her arms might also work Vibe. Once again, not a figure, but Poison Ivy's plant thingamajig as an accessory for Terra, Swamp Thing, and many others.

 

Batcave: I already mentioned this here, but, the golden sparkly arms from the Freddie Mercury style bat-suit may work well with the MCU Ancient One from Dr. Strange, the purple boxing gloves on the Boxing Batman could work in part for a purist Wildcat, and as I also mentioned earlier about Arkham, the belt piece in orange can work with the Deathstroke figure we already have, and possibly Cat-Man as well.

 
EDIT: The Penguin's fur neck thing could work for Sabretooth and/or Kraven the Hunter, and his hat could work for the Mad Hatter.
 

I’d like to get a closer look at the sets (mostly Arkham, the elusive Penguin Limo, and the Scarecrow pizza car) before I say anything else about purist uses for their bricks, other than the fact that, in general, the new yellow belt piece can be used for Watchmen's Ozymandias and classic Cat-Man amongst many other superheroes and villains.

 

Happy building!

 

- The Big Red Cheese

 

OVERALL EDIT/Post Script: This album has close up shots that I took of the sets that were available at NYCC.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on using Magpie's hair for Ice. Batgirl will definitely be combined with my Steamroller Batgirl to make the Batgirl of Burnside costume (aka the BEST one). Tarantula's hair might go to Bumblebee. Riddler is getting his head and hat swapped out for the Dragster Riddler's to become the perfect Riddler figure. Catwoman's torso would make a good Spoiler torso. Robin's definitely going to get turned into a classic Dick Grayson for those of us who can't afford that '66 Batcave. I think Tarantula's arms might be better suited for Vibe, with it's bracer design. The Kabuki twins have a nice torso for simpler characters like Elektra. The new utility belts are gonna be nice all around. I've already made plans to use Barbara's head for a Pantha figure, but she'll work for any number of Hispanic or Latino characters. Nothing springs to mind immediately for Raging Bat's legs, but boot molds always come in handy. Arkham Ivy's hair seems to lack the leaf pattern, so that'll be a nice new solid red hair piece for the likes of Batwoman or Miss Martian. I can't get a good look at Aaron Cash's head, but more heads in that color are always appreciated! I saw someone mistake Barbara in the Arkham set for Renee Montoya, which made me realize that you could probably get a good Renee Montoya out of her! :grin:

 

On 11/14/2016 at 11:19 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

 

EDIT: The keypad piece seen here, coupled with a neck bracket could compliment or help create The Calculator. :)
 

It's funny you should mention that, since we're supposed to be getting him in the CMF line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back when I first read it, I thought the Black Panther head without ears works good. Cole from Ninjago in Tournament Robes for the chest and legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I plan on using Magpie's hair for Ice. Batgirl will definitely be combined with my Steamroller Batgirl to make the Batgirl of Burnside costume (aka the BEST one). Tarantula's hair might go to Bumblebee. Riddler is getting his head and hat swapped out for the Dragster Riddler's to become the perfect Riddler figure. Catwoman's torso would make a good Spoiler torso. Robin's definitely going to get turned into a classic Dick Grayson for those of us who can't afford that '66 Batcave. I think Tarantula's arms might be better suited for Vibe, with it's bracer design. The Kabuki twins have a nice torso for simpler characters like Elektra. The new utility belts are gonna be nice all around. I've already made plans to use Barbara's head for a Pantha figure, but she'll work for any number of Hispanic or Latino characters. Nothing springs to mind immediately for Raging Bat's legs, but boot molds always come in handy. Arkham Ivy's hair seems to lack the leaf pattern, so that'll be a nice new solid red hair piece for the likes of Batwoman or Miss Martian. I can't get a good look at Aaron Cash's head, but more heads in that color are always appreciated! I saw someone mistake Barbara in the Arkham set for Renee Montoya, which made me realize that you could probably get a good Renee Montoya out of her! :grin:

 

It's funny you should mention that, since we're supposed to be getting him in the CMF line!

Nice designs! I can't wait to see them!
As for The Calculator, that's why I said it in the first place! :tongue: :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any ideas on the best hair for the newer blue Nightwing figure?  I don't think the spiked hair really works for it, so I tried Thor's hair in black, and I think that kind of works, but another idea was Tony Stark's hair, also in black, which might also work for red Nightwing as well.  The idea for Thor's hair in black came from different cartoons, like Teen Titans (when Starfire visits the future), and the idea for Tony Stark's black hairpiece came from images from the comics that I found online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

Does anyone have any ideas on the best hair for the newer blue Nightwing figure?  I don't think the spiked hair really works for it, so I tried Thor's hair in black, and I think that kind of works, but another idea was Tony Stark's hair, also in black, which might also work for red Nightwing as well.  The idea for Thor's hair in black came from different cartoons, like Teen Titans (when Starfire visits the future), and the idea for Tony Stark's black hairpiece came from images from the comics that I found online.

I only have red Nightwing right now, but I use the generic tousled hair for him and it looks perfect, imo. Red Nightwing with his angry face and black Thor hair makes a flawless Injustice Damian Wayne, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 4:38 PM, Skier1215 said:

Back when I first read it, I thought the Black Panther head without ears works good. Cole from Ninjago in Tournament Robes for the chest and legs.

nice ill try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually any black robes would work, but Cole's Tournament Robes have the yellow stripe around the chest that matches almost exactly with Ronin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made the Phantom Ring Frank Laminski from the Green Lanterns Rebirth comic today! Here he is in his green lantern garb.

Frank Laminski (as a Green Lantern)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Pretty great idea. Would work well with 2016 Nya's all blue head for Mystique.

If anyone wants to make a Batman: The Animated Series Mr. Freeze use the Juniors torso and face with the Batman movie armor and dome along with (maybe) Beast Boy's legs. The hands and dual molded boots are different shades or purple so you could either make the hands a darker shade or leave it, if you think it won't be that noticeable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good head for Nightcrawler is the Duros head from the rebel battle pack, it's the one I'm using for him :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Here's a new batch from me!

fantastic stuff! where does the robotic arm you used for barrage come from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lego Batman Movie CMF Series has officially been revealed and I instantly noticed that Catman's head would be perfect for adding stubble to the BvS Ben Affleck Batman minifigure. :drool: :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legocity2713 said:

The Lego Batman Movie CMF Series has officially been revealed and I instantly noticed that Catman's head would be perfect for adding stubble to the BvS Ben Affleck Batman minifigure. :drool: :thumbup:

"Tell me- do you build? You will" :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

"Tell me- do you build? You will" :grin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It has been pointed out in the other thread that the "neck" of the Catman's head is skin toned and not black like the official BvS figure so I don't think Catman's head is a good fit anymore. :cry_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It has been pointed out in the other thread that the "neck" of the Catman's head is skin toned and not black like the official BvS figure so I don't think Catman's head is a good fit anymore. :cry_sad:

That's a shame, still I'd be more than happy to keep my Catman together :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.