sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Those are awesome, Oky!

Yeah, Oky--those rock. What is that face on Madame Web?

Thanks. Webb's head and hair are both from Madame Hooch. Ironic, aint it? :wink:

Brilliant, Oky! I think Julia might work better with black arms and white hands, but that's just a personal preference.

Also..

Yeah, I actually prefer it that way too, but I thought it would be more accurate this way since most of her arm is white.

And yes, that's what I was referencing. :wink:

I received a bulk of new body parts in the mail yesterday. After taking a few hours to organize all the new stuff, I had time to get a few minifgis together and at least ready for some photos. Again, almost all of these are waiting for a part or two, but they are good enough to do some WIP photos. Also, thanks to Raincloud Dustbin, ReZourceman, oo7, Oky, Autorazr, Luxor V and anyone else who has inspired, given advice or just gave me something to straight-up copy. Y'all are cool people and this is way fun.

Toad and Ice Man:

IMG_2341_zpsfc911884.jpg

Rogue and Gambit:

IMG_2342_zps810b862c.jpg

Some Red Skull(s), Silver Age and military style:

IMG_2343_zpsa551f25a.jpg

Straight jacked from ReZourceman, Mad Thinker and Awesome Android:

IMG_2344_zps94b01778.jpg

My take on Ghost Rider and Iron Monger (another rip-off from my muse, ReZourceman):

IMG_2345_zpsdc0ba5b3.jpg

Definitely WIP Mr Miracle and Bad Barda:

IMG_2346_zps08703b9b.jpg

Well, that is all for now. Since I have a bit of body parts library going, however, I hope to have some more soon!

Don't you mean Green Hornet? :laugh: I know, it's easy to get confused with all those green guys running around in the superhero world.

Green Arrow, Green Goblin, Green Lantern, Green Hornet...these guys should sort something out. Even after all these years, it still gets confusing.

Nice minifigs, there Hammerstein NWC. I've enjoyed your other customs, so it's nice to see some of your stuff end up here. What green mask is that? It doesn't look like the old Robin mask...

Lol, I just realized the silver SNOT piece I used on my Iron Monger wasn't some odd, random misprint of squiggly lines, which I liked. It is some print of a female minifig. I don't even know where it came from, lol.

Edited by Repeter

Wow reapter, that is the awesomest looking Ghost Rider custom I've seen!

Toad looks nice and creepy too! Well done all

Wow! That MODOK scared the crap out of me when I went a few pages back!

No offense to you ReZurceman, your customs are excellent.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

The red rubber bands on Mister Miracle are a resourceful choice, and the back of Superman's torso is surprisingly fitting in its color grouping, but a red Classic Space helmet definitely doesn't look as good?

Green Arrow, Green Goblin, Green Lantern, Green Hornet...these guys should sort something out. Even after all these years, it still gets confusing.

Nice minifigs, there Hammerstein NWC. I've enjoyed your other customs, so it's nice to see some of your stuff end up here. What green mask is that? It doesn't look like the old Robin mask...

Lol, I just realized the silver SNOT piece I used on my Iron Monger wasn't some odd, random misprint of squiggly lines, which I liked. It is some print of a female minifig. I don't even know where it came from, lol.

The head is from the Comic Con exclusive Green Lantern minifigure. It's hundreds for the fig and never sold parted out yet is a more appropriate choice for Hal Jordan and Britt Reid because unlike the Robin mask it covers the minifig's invisible nose. Also I think the bagpiper torso would be great for the Green Hornet.

The 1x1 round tile seems to be Dent's coin from that Two-Face chase set. Ironic since unlike the old coins, this one has only one face...

Awesome work guys. Ive been wanting to do Julia Carpenter since that set came out but I've already purchased two of it....so not getting a third juuust yet. Definitely need to get a hold of Hooch too after seeing how your Madame turned out.

Repeter....love them all. Ghost Rider in particular looks excellent.

@I'm aBrickmaster: Thanks for the compliment, but really, give autorazr the credit. His GR on the last page got me going.

@ReZourceman: Just keep bring the great ideas. My lil collection is so much cooler with you around. ;)

@Captain Nemo: Daaaang. Atomic Skull is particularly cool.

@oo7: I guess I don't have a classic red helmet...only blue and yellow. I'm going to Bricklink a few red helmets though. Even if I don't use it on Mr.Miracle, I know I'll find a use for them. The issues I have with the helmet on MM are odd:

1. I like seeing the whole face, which is more accurate, but I don't like how bulky his head is. I really feel, like Spiderman, that the tight, small head is better, even if it doesn't show the mouth.

2. I also don't really like the smile for this character. If the line was flat, I might like it more. As a relative newb, I'll have to research whether that part exists.

3. I want Bad Barda to be noticeably taller than her man. If you notice, I have 1x2 tile on her feet, only because I don't have any 1x1s (already ordered a bunch of 1x1s in a number of colors). With any additional height to MM, the effect won't stand out.

Whew, sorry for the long winded explanation!

Atomic Skull is nice indeed - charmingly reminiscent of the old Alphpa Team which I have in unfortunatle abundance, or so I thought, believing that the neon green helmet was good for nothing more than the original use!

@I'm aBrickmaster: Thanks for the compliment, but really, give autorazr the credit. His GR on the last page got me going.

@ReZourceman: Just keep bring the great ideas. My lil collection is so much cooler with you around. ;)

@Captain Nemo: Daaaang. Atomic Skull is particularly cool.

@oo7: I guess I don't have a classic red helmet...only blue and yellow. I'm going to Bricklink a few red helmets though. Even if I don't use it on Mr.Miracle, I know I'll find a use for them. The issues I have with the helmet on MM are odd:

1. I like seeing the whole face, which is more accurate, but I don't like how bulky his head is. I really feel, like Spiderman, that the tight, small head is better, even if it doesn't show the mouth.

2. I also don't really like the smile for this character. If the line was flat, I might like it more. As a relative newb, I'll have to research whether that part exists.

3. I want Bad Barda to be noticeably taller than her man. If you notice, I have 1x2 tile on her feet, only because I don't have any 1x1s (already ordered a bunch of 1x1s in a number of colors). With any additional height to MM, the effect won't stand out.

Whew, sorry for the long winded explanation!

First note the difference between helmet variants:

2781.jpg?1

You probably want one of the first two, so make sure the part you're adding to your cart or wanted list has the right item number. As for you issues:

1. Right, that's understandable.

2. Could you explain what you mean here? If you want to try out the Classic Space helmet, I'd recommend a yellow head with very high-set eyebrows so they're covered by the helmet or a head that doesn't have much in the way of eyebrows to begin with, like the old Luke S. head.

3. The "Egyptian Queen" hair might do a little for the height, but the "Headdress Mummy" (nemes) with maedate-like horn ornaments would definitely give a favorable impression of size. To get her even bigger than that, the possibility of Woody legs and arms enters my mind, but that might be a little extreme.

Thanks for writing it out, it makes it easier to communicate everything.

Don't you mean Green Hornet? :laugh: I know, it's easy to get confused with all those green guys running around in the superhero world.

haha totally I was looking at his mask and thinking I got that from the Green Lantern. dopey twit!

@Repeter - yes the mask is from the New York Comic Con Green Lantern Giveaway. hence my confusion! :) Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!

@captain Nemo - I just love that Vandal Savage! Spot on!

Ok, I've ordered some of the first red space helmets. I'll give it a whirl on Miracle, along with some of the new hairpieces I have coming for Barda. I made some new WIPs last night, a Granny Goodness and an Oberon, but found I needed some more parts. I've made another sizable Bricklink order this morning, which made me realize I might have a problem...when will it ever stop? :wacko:

@oo7: To further explain, for Miracle's face, I would like non-descript eyebrows and a very small mouth, preferably not smiling or frowning. I have an old SW Luke and it actually might work quite well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Repeter

@Captain Nemo

What pieces did you use to make deadshot? I really like it, and I may just make it if I can find the pieces

Deadshot looks to be made of the CMF Series 9 invader (the space ork dude) torso and legs, the face is hawkeyes if I'm not mistaken. with a cowboy neckerchief. :)

I recently looked at the new Chima species. Combing any suit torso, with the heads of Furty, Razar, and the Atlantis Shark warrior, and you've got yourself a Terrible Trio!

Great idea! I think I'll look into making those guys--that would be fun to do!

That's a really good idea, Professor Flitwick (lol, sweet handle)...I bet a few of us who have been posting to this thread will have a set of these within a few weeks or months. Thanks for the great idea, especially since I bought some Chima stuff, specifically for customizing, but haven't really found a use for it yet.

Thank you Oky for the inspiration/blatant rip on Madame Web. :p

8459351180_9cf64e376a.jpg

Abomination (should be bigger....but meh)

8459369834_708c4e8447.jpg

Avalanche (not perfect)

8458262485_a226e08a09.jpg

Pyro

8458260179_0ed92d6a98.jpg

Chrome Red Iron Man

8458253355_cb107527e9.jpg

Updated group shot

8459346594_868d4250a3_z.jpg