sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Hey everyone, today I made Kurt Lance. Team 7 member, and Black Canary's husband. Feedback is always appreciated :)

Kurt Lance

zemo? Please?

not to sound whiny, i just want to hear suggestions

Zemo's REALLY tough, since he's pretty much entirely different shades of purple, and Lego is terrible at purple.

I first used another torso (the same one I used for my Gorgon figure) but didn't really like it, so tried this one which does work better :)

Panda, nice job! I'm most impressed by that Scarecrow, and by the fact that I don't think I've seen it used before! It's perfect for a Nolan or Arkham Scarecrow!

I think I've posted my Merlyn here already, but Shiva should be new. I preferred the shoulder-length hair (Amazonian CMF), but it didn't seem to sit well with the trenchcoat, plus I needed it for Jessica Jones (whom I used WW's head for, along with Mutt William's jacket for the torso and sand blue legs--I like her, but the figure seemed unremarkable enough to not bother with a picture.)

Anyways, these two are the bishops for my League of Assassin's chess set. (Which I'm working on getting good pictures of)

24400893973_8ba37d3b97.jpg

I may or may not have ordered 20 of HIll's torso off of Lego Bricks and Pieces before it went out of stock (probably causing it :grin: ), so I've been working on SHIELD. :purrr:

Here's Fury, Cameron Klein, Hill, and Coulson.

-Fury's trenchcoat is on Shiva now--I tried making another but screwed up. I need to get more black capes before I bother trying again.

-Klein is the dude who wouldn't launch the Insight Helicarriers, and subsequently was working on the bridge of the AoU Helicarrier. I needed a high-ish ranking character to use the Fury torso on, as I only have one. He also has a shoulder badge, courtesy of a Hill torso :purrr:

-Hill is using Penny's face from Big Bang Theory, which I love for her because of the raised eyebrow.

-Coulson still needs the comb-over hair, I just don't have it in brown...

24660150909_85de76a348.jpg

Klein and Hill with some generic agents--I didn't bother giving these ones the shoulder badges, since they have the logo on their torso already.

24397184004_02989fd2ae.jpg\

And my favorite... the Spec Ops team! The leader is (hopefully obviously) based off of Rumlow, though I'll likely rectify that once I get the new Crossbones 'fig. The rest are just random agents--some still have the head/hat combo from the JW ACU guy I ordered off Bricklink, but in a way I think that works. A bunch of clean-shaven, nondescript guys seems fitting. No matter what I do face-wise, though, I'd like to use the hats on more of them... Maybe go 50/50 on hats/hair (the main reason being so I can use faces with double-printing)? Anyone have any thoughts?

Of course the best part is that they can officially identify with SHIELD, now that each and every one has a shoulder badge :purrr:

24660205749_176264feb0.jpg

I should have two more ACU troopers coming in the mail, along with the necessary legs, which will make it a team of ten. Just need to find some more of the generic agent torsos (I dunno if I wanna pay $12 a piece, even with the extra pieces and the prospect of selling Miles Morales and Carnage), and I'll have a proper set of SHIELD 'figs! Looking forward to hopefully MOCing a SHIELD base to display them with :classic:

EDIT: So I sortof asked above, but what should I do for the Spec Ops' guys headgear? Hair? Hats? More like this in the picture below? What looks best/what mix of the options should I aim for? I'm not opposed to getting some more ACU torsos/LegoMovieRoboCopLegs and making the team a bit larger, considering I didn't use the SHIELD logo arms on the generic agents like I'd planned.

24441491406_30f83a422a_n.jpg

Edited by JaseTJ

I like the hats. I always enjoy military/spec ops agents with hats/caps for some reason. However, mixing them up with some of the night vision googles would be cool too. I'm really loving the SHIELD badges on their sides and Rumlow looks fantastic. :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Aaand I've placed another Bricks and Pieces order with goggles in black :D I really should have checked for the caps, come to think of it, but at least they're available in enough sets that I'd think I could BL them.

Aaand I've placed another Bricks and Pieces order with goggles in black :D I really should have checked for the caps, come to think of it, but at least they're available in enough sets that I'd think I could BL them.

Hill torsos are back btw if you wanted 20 or so more. :tongue::wink:

I myself am thinking of picking up a few. I really loving the idea of MOCing up that Rumlow

fig with a few agents with him to recreate the Winter Soldier elevator scene. :excited:

Edited by Legocity2713

Zemo's REALLY tough, since he's pretty much entirely different shades of purple, and Lego is terrible at purple.

I made a Zemo, its not great, check my post history or something because it was probably over a year ago now. I've also done yellowjacket and absorbing man from masters of evil.

Here's Fury, Cameron Klein, Hill, and Coulson.

-Coulson still needs the comb-over hair, I just don't have it in brown...

The rest are just random agents--some still have the head/hat combo from the JW ACU guy I ordered off Bricklink, but in a way I think that works. A bunch of clean-shaven, nondescript guys seems fitting. No matter what I do face-wise, though, I'd like to use the hats on more of them... Maybe go 50/50 on hats/hair (the main reason being so I can use faces with double-printing)? Anyone have any thoughts?

First off, those are some pretty figures. I've enjoyed Klein's appearances, and I think you've done a good job representing him here. Coulson is also good, and I think he'll look fine even if you don't get the combed hair.

Now, as to headgear. Having re-watched the relevant portions of several Marvel films, the baseball caps are usually on Support or Security types, those who aren't planning for actual combat. Conversely, there are many "full combat" agents in Avengers and Winter Soldier sporting the helmet/goggle combos. However, it's agents forgoing all headgear who are the most common overall. Given the torso selection you've shown, I'd vote against baseball caps, and say the choice is up to you between helmets, hair, or a mix, depending whether you're going for a faceless paramilitary organization or a more personal team.

I actually nabbed the combover piece for Coulson with that order I placed today, along with a whole bunch of generic hairpieces, so helmets/hair should be quite plausible.

As for making specific characters, it seems like pretty much any named agents in the movies ended up being Hydra... I'm definitely more interested in putting together Agents of SHIELD 'figs, though, now that I have a solid set of generic characters to back them up.

Thanks for that info on the hats, though. Hadn't ever payed too much attention to such things, but I'll be sure to on my next MCU watch-through :P

has anyone used nightwing's torso for Deadpool Colossus

?

See, i would use that torso, but I haven't picked a head. Any suggestions?

I've seen a few people use the robot Zane head from Ninjago. Not too sure how that would look with the torso. Besides that, there is the Extremis Soldier from Marvel that more people have used.

Zane: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=njo111

Extremis Soldier: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=sh071

I don't think that torso would work, seeing as how Colossus has an X on his chest and not a bird.

Although I would like to know what would be a good torso because I really want to make one. And Nega Sonic Teenage Warhead.

I'd recommend going back and editing your posts to remove the links.There's a handy little "Link" button on the bottom bar of the editing options which allows you to turn text into a link. Perhaps that would help?

yeah i know. dont know what happened

i reported it, on myself.

Im gonna try it again.

it happened again! what the heck?

its a different link!!!!!!!!

just google deadpool collusus

How are you embedding the picture??