sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Any good ideas for Beast Boy's transformation?

At the moment we have a green snake... and a green frog thing.

Are there any green animal heads from Chima or Ninjago that could be used?

There are some alligators and the old-style dragon, although the former doesn't match in color.

Not including the snake and frog, we also have the mini-dino from the 2008 Batcave, the early 2000's giant dino, as well as an alligator in the right shade, and a pretty large number of others. Here is the link to all things bright green on Bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=5&colorPart=36&catType=P

Look for animal in the search box, and try that. I have others that come to mind, and I will write another post about that later tonight.

I think there's a couple of older dinosaurs that are solid green??

Yes, yes there are. :)

The head of Jestro from Nexo Knights would be good from someone suffering from the Joker's fear gas.

Up until now, I've preferred to use the fear gas bombs themselves, but this is even better! Moreover, it could actually be used as an alternate Joker head . . .

Oh the possibilities!

EDIT: Hyperlink simplification.

Also, a little late Christmas gift for those into the obscure superhero game . . .

Elongated Man's red costume could very easily be achieved via the official Plastic Man. If not the entire suit, then most definitely the legs . . .

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

The head of Jestro from Nexo Knights would be good from someone suffering from the Joker's fear gas.

Up until now, I've preferred to use the fear gas bombs themselves, but this is even better! Moreover, it could actually be used as an alternate Joker head . . .

Oh the possibilities!

All very good ideas. It would be cool to make a scene incorporating all of that. Maybe even use the Lego Movie Batman minifigure's head from the Super Angry Kitty set as a Laughing Gassed Batman.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <-- Oh no, even the emojis have been exposed to it. Curse you Joker. :tongue:

All very good ideas. It would be cool to make a scene incorporating all of that. Maybe even use the Lego Movie Batman minifigure's head from the Super Angry Kitty set as a Laughing Gassed Batman.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: <-- Oh no, even the emojis have been exposed to it. Curse you Joker. :tongue:

^ That face does work very well for a laughing gas Batman! :) If I had the time or the bricks, I'd make such a scene myself! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OH NO! ALMOST ALL OF EMOJI GOTHAM HAS BEEN EXPOSED! HEAD FOR THE HILLS!

*oh2*:oh:

:devil::tongue::grin:

Jestro's face would also be good for some "Joke-in-the-box" bombs, as seen in LB3.

That is also a great idea! 8BrickMario, I was wondering: Is that Series 14 notification in your signature courtesy of one of Eurobricks' HTML accessories, or did you just type it in? Either way, it looks really cool! :D

Keep up the good ideas, guys and girls! :)

Edited by LuxorV
Reduced excessive use of emoticons.

It's just typed. Hmm.. too bad Jestro's not in cheap sets, because it would be great to Jokerize lots of figures.

This is the best I could do: jestromote.png (the teeth are impossible to recreate.)

Good idea with the legs for Elongated Man, but are there any torsos like that out there? I think the closest thing I've seen is Beast Boy's but the colors are all wrong.

I'm looking to add some arm detail to my AoU Black Widow figure. Any body have any good arm ideas?

My only thought was Electric Batman.

Edited by Legocity2713

Picked up a yellow-skinned Tatooine Luke Skywalker today. Any ideas on what his parts could be used for?

Picked up a yellow-skinned Tatooine Luke Skywalker today. Any ideas on what his parts could be used for?

I'd use the legs for Spider-Man India.

Seeing as he has been talked about but not made, here is Spider-Man India (sorry about size, can't actually shrink it at the moment)

image_zpsx3dlt1ah.jpeg

Good idea with the legs for Elongated Man, but are there any torsos like that out there? I think the closest thing I've seen is Beast Boy's but the colors are all wrong.

Sorry, I haven't had Internet acssess for a few days now, so I couldn't respond, and I just saw your post right now. I was talking about using the torso as well . . . I thought it would be the closest purist solution. Unfortunately, there's nothing better that I can think of without outright customization.

Something I realized while watching X2- the "Black Widow" hairpiece would actually work even better for the X2 version of Jean Grey.

Something I realized while watching X2- the "Black Widow" hairpiece would actually work even better for the X2 version of Jean Grey.

That's a great idea! Using the Racer X torso (from way back when K-Nut started this thread off with Cyclops) the hips with the silver buckle and letter 'X' on them, EDIT: with your hair of course! :grin: coupled with black pants, would start off a great X-2 Jean Grey.

I'd use the legs for Spider-Man India.

I totally did that, good call!

Seeing as he has been talked about but not made, here is Spider-Man India (sorry about size, can't actually shrink it at the moment)

I've never heard of Spider-Man India, but based on a quick Google search, this one looks great!

Anyone who has the Raimi movie Spidey could try attaching those spider/web patterned hips to Luke's legs, and then attaching that combo to either the classic comic Spidey or the Raimi movie Spidey, which could be done if somebody wanted to represent the piece of fabric that from what I've seen on Google images, is commonly found dangling in front of Spider-Man India's legs. Seen here, amongst other places: https://en.wikipedia...r-Man_India.jpg

Just a thought . . .

Off-topic, I know, but Hulk_Smash, I really like that Rey statuette in the background of your Spider-Man India photo. Is that Funko Pop?

I tried using the gown/cape thingie from the judge figure but it didn't look right.

And yes it is, a friend got it me for Christmas.

I tried using the gown/cape thingie from the judge figure but it didn't look right.

And yes it is, a friend got it me for Christmas.

Maybe try sticking that aptly described "gown/cape thingie from the judge figure" between the legs and the hips? It might be a bit long, but I think that might look good.

Again, off-topic, and again, regarding the Rey Funko Pop: How big is it? I see it next the TARDIS in your picture, and it seems like it's roughly the same height, but is it actually? Thanks! :)

Armored Green Lantern using parts of Ultimate Aaron

That looks awesome! :D

Also, I don't have any Nexo Knights stuff yet, so I have to ask that is a new trans-green, right? It looks different from the trans-green I'm used to see. The bright green is too close to yellow, in my opinion, and the dark green is well, a bit dark. This one looks great! If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic with some other trans-green gear so I could see the difference? If there is any, that is. Thanks!

This is how I had tried it before, still doesn't look right but what do you think?

image_zpsdejbn5w5.jpeg

And I hope the background answers your other question :)

Noticing the similarities between my Purist Falcon and the recently released Civil War photos, I was inspired to try to make a version as close as possible to the upcoming figure.

civil_war_attempt.jpg

I don't like the gray pants or the gray arms, and I switched them back after the photo, but I do prefer the Finn hair. It looks way better than I thought it would.