sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

4 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Has anyone tried to make Ronin from Endgame? I am looking for a torso.

The best torso I've seen is either Killmonger's (Golden Jaguar suit) or this one from Ninjago.

33 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Outrider 

That works as well, but it's a little bit too organic-looking for my preferences. Definitely the third-best option though.

Just now, Schwa said:

That works as well, but it's a little bit too organic-looking for my preferences. Definitely the third-best option though.

I personally didn't like killmonger because of the necklace, but yes it works. I used the reverse side of outrider torso

I really like this Kang. I never thought to use that ray gun. Just my personal preference but I think that a helmet such as a Nexoknight helmet or a motorcycle helmet. I really like the figure though.

Marvel Figs

Top row L-R: Red guardian MCU (NON PURIST), Wolverine (NON PURIST), Iron Hulk
Bottom row L-R: Nova, Adam Warlock, Ikaris

http://48684448607_5a43702ecf_k.jpgMarvel Figs by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

Wolverine could be made purist if the official mask was used, the point is really that I like the kill monger torso for it. Red Guardian uses an unofficial beard as the site where I buy my lego did not have King CMF beard (out of stock). Adam Warlock was posted in my build that some of you may have seen however I found another set of hair so adjusted the figure based on your feedback.

Hope you like them.

6 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

I really like this Kang. I never thought to use that ray gun. Just my personal preference but I think that a helmet such as a Nexoknight helmet or a motorcycle helmet. I really like the figure though.

Yes the ray gun really completes the look! Nice figure @mr_witchhunter!

1 hour ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Marvel Figs

Top row L-R: Red guardian MCU (NON PURIST), Wolverine (NON PURIST), Iron Hulk
Bottom row L-R: Nova, Adam Warlock, Ikaris

http://Marvel Figs by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

Wolverine could be made purist if the official mask was used, the point is really that I like the kill monger torso for it. Red Guardian uses an unofficial beard as the site where I buy my lego did not have King CMF beard (out of stock). Adam Warlock was posted in my build that some of you may have seen however I found another set of hair so adjusted the figure based on your feedback.

Hope you like them.

Where is wolverines legs from?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

@marvelBoy123 Very nice Adam Warlock and Ikaris. I just realised that the torso used for Adam can also work for Black Bolt. I'm not sure whether you were trying to make them all MCU or not but they are great! You could have also used this helmet for Nova but if that's how you want it that's cool. Also, once you get the official Wolverine mask, it would probably look like an MCU Wolverine concept.

Edited by Brick Guru

On 9/3/2019 at 8:27 PM, DeCommander96 said:

Will do, is it the one with Cap Britain? And blade?

Yep, it's pretty cool. It's got Union Jack and Spitfire too

11 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Where is wolverines legs from?

Drax from GoTG vol2

9 hours ago, Brick Guru said:

@marvelBoy123 Very nice Adam Warlock and Ikaris. I just realised that the torso used for Adam can also work for Black Bolt. I'm not sure whether you were trying to make them all MCU or not but they are great! You could have also used this helmet for Nova but if that's how you want it that's cool. Also, once you get the official Wolverine mask, it would probably look like an MCU Wolverine concept.

Yes I did originally use the torso for black bolt. I do like the shaping of the other nova helmet but the colours feel too bright for what I feel he might look like in the MCU, though it is a good suggestion. Yeah I was aiming for an MCU style of wolverine figure and may well pick up the official helmet soon!

Edited by marvelBoy123

5 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Drax from GoTG vol2

Yes I did originally use the torso for black bolt. I do like the shaping of the other nova helmet but the colours feel too bright for what I feel he might look like in the MCU, though it is a good suggestion. Yeah I was aiming for an MCU style of wolverine figure and may well pick up the official helmet soon!

Ah, I'll have to pick that up

12 hours ago, steveholt said:

Yep, it's pretty cool. It's got Union Jack and Spitfire too

I'll give it a read

@BaneShake Nice White Martian! Love the head, what set is it from? 

@marvelBoy123 I had to search up Iron Hulk because I didn't know who he was, but I love your fig. I'm just wondering, wouldn't it be better to use this torso? If not, your choice is cool too. I'm also building my own Adam Warlock although it's not quite as good as yours.

Edited by Brick Guru

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

@marvelBoy123 I had to search up Iron Hulk because I didn't know who he was, but I love your fig. I'm just wondering, wouldn't it be better to use this torso? If not, your choice is cool too. I'm also building my own Adam Warlock although it's not quite as good as yours.

The torso that @marvelBoy123 used is slightly better, because it's darker and the bright red of the age of ultron cap sticks out too much. They both work well, though

side note: how about iron patriots torso and legs instead?

Edited by DeCommander96

1 hour ago, Brick Guru said:

It's from the 2007 Bionicle minifig-scale sets. I had to use the extra neck items to mask the fact that it leaves much more of the neck bar exposed, as it was designed for a different type of torso and has a much shallower hole.

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

The torso that @marvelBoy123 used is slightly better, because it's darker and the bright red of the age of ultron cap sticks out too much. They both work well, though

side note: how about iron patriots torso and legs instead?

I would have used those but they came in a polybag at a time before I was majorly buying lego Marvel. Sadly they are quite an expensive option by nature of being in a polybag and so I used pieces that I already had. Though they are the best option if you had them or are willing to buy them.

Just now, marvelBoy123 said:

I would have used those but they came in a polybag at a time before I was majorly buying lego Marvel. Sadly they are quite an expensive option by nature of being in a polybag and so I used pieces that I already had. Though they are the best option if you had them or are willing to buy them.

Ah ok, fair enough

5 hours ago, steveholt said:

I'd like to echo the praise for Obadiah Stane! Nice choice on the head.

Also, I would've used a gray suit for Hammer, and a colored (probably a or nougat, but heck, even a blond or reddish brown) hairpiece for Pierce; Redford's hair is conspicuously dyed a not-gray color.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, BaneShake said:

From Martian Manhunter, a purist White Martian.

That's very clever. Excellent work! :thumbup: :sweet: