sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

28 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

He actually has dark blue boots. I'll probably just keep the legs plain red anyway. I'm still puzzled as to what to use as his torso though.

I always interpreted them as light blue. Oh well. They're both great.

5 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

I was just looking, and Magneto's seemed decent. Did you consider either of these:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973p68c01#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5,"iconly":0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0218c01#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5,"iconly":0}

EDIT:

Or what about using a black bracket on the front of a plain red torso?

Edited by N_Cat

Yes, I did consider them. The Exo-Force torso or the Magneto torso seem like my best choices right now. I’ve thought about using a bracket but to me it looks kinda dumb with a stud sticking out. Plus I already have something on his neck: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183090921@N07/48559451857/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by Brick Guru

21 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Yes, I did consider them. The Exo-Force torso or the Magneto torso seem like my best choices right now. I’ve thought about using a bracket but to me it looks kinda dumb with a stud sticking out. Plus I already have something on his neck: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183090921@N07/48559451857/in/dateposted-public/

You could use both a bracket and that piece. just put the bracket on first. Also I would put a 1x1 transparent blue circular tile on the bracket so the stud isn't sticking out, and it resembles the Pym Particles from the classic costume

37 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

You could use a red bracket and cover the stud with a plain black round tile. Then you wouldn't see the stud, and it would be round.

Thank you all the suggestions, they’re very helpful. I will figure out what torso to use. I would love suggestions as to who to build next! Thanks.

Okay, I understand that none of you are gonna read this, but here is my recipe for a blue marvel mini-figure for anyone to try out:

Hair: Percival Grave’s printed hair piece from the Harry Potter mini-figure series

Head: War machine’s head from the 76006 Iron man: extremis sea port battle set

Cape: Standard white cape

Torso: The mandalorian trooper’s torso from the 7914 mandalorian battle pack with dark blue arms and black hands

Legs: The GCPD officer’s dual molded legs from the lego batman movie accessory pack

Thanks! I don’t have the mandalorian torso so I did what I could. I’m glad to have helped, let me know if you have other suggestions as to who to build.

Edited by Brick Guru

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Thanks! I don’t have the mandalorian torso so I did what I could. I’m glad to have helped, let me know if you have other suggestions as to who to build.

I think I’ll have to try that torso combined with captain boomerang’s dual molded legs from the lego batman movie sets sometime. ^_^

Also, has anyone considered making a brick built version of Arnim Zola’s mech body from that Captain America game made by sega? I think that would be pretty cool to see in a physical form. 

16 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Now that you mention it, I’m going to try that. I’ll probably try Arnim Zola as well.

Hope that goes well for you, my dude.

Also, what does anyone think of using the death eater’s face from the rise of voldemort set for taskmaster?

Edited by Captain-DeadPool
Wanted to add another sentence

Just now, Brick Guru said:

That head would be good. Which Taskmaster though, the original or the MCU concept art?

Could be used for either versions, but probably works best for a comic version of him.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but can anyone help me find a torso for Homelander from the Boys? The best I can find is White Wolf/Bucky but it's not widely available so I'd prefer something I can get fairly easily

8 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but can anyone help me find a torso for Homelander from the Boys? The best I can find is White Wolf/Bucky but it's not widely available so I'd prefer something I can get fairly easily

The way I see it, you've got a few options. I haven't made a Homelander yet but you could use this head or this head, both of which come *very* close to the head they used for White Wolf.

Since we're asking about pieces for characters, which hair parts do you guys think would work well for the comic versions of Nightwing and Tim Drake's Robin? I know they've both traditionally had longer hair, but I'm struggling to pick a piece that fits each of them while keeping them distinct.

1 minute ago, shadefoundry said:

The way I see it, you've got a few options. I haven't made a Homelander yet but you could use this head or this head, both of which come *very* close to the head they used for White Wolf.

Since we're asking about pieces for characters, which hair parts do you guys think would work well for the comic versions of Nightwing and Tim Drake's Robin? I know they've both traditionally had longer hair, but I'm struggling to pick a piece that fits each of them while keeping them distinct.

Thanks for the help but I've got the head sorted, just need a torso

Sorry I'd be no help with DC characters

Just now, legoSDR said:

Ah, my bad. I misred your post. :wall:

For torsos I think that Edna's torso comes the closest to what you want, though it probably isn't ideal. You could use one of those utility belt pieces to get around the belt not being printed on.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:30 AM, legoSDR said:

Cyclopes torso!!! That one is perfect. 

Edited by Legoman0120

On 8/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, legoSDR said:

Oh, there are several good options. I'd rank them as follows:

1. Bucky (Infinity War)
  2. First Order officer, male (Last Jedi)
  3. US Cavalry (Lone Ranger)
  4. Edna Mode (Incredibles)
  5. Cyclops

From the newly released pictures ot the lego star wars sets, the sith trooper looks like a good candidate for an ant man torso if you use the bracket idea.

Edited by Norman Osbrick
Remembered what the figure i mentioned was called. I had previously clled it something else until i remembered just now.