sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Anyone have the doomsday figure from mighty micros? What pieces did you give him to make him a normal fig? Did you make any improvements?

2 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Anyone have the doomsday figure from mighty micros? What pieces did you give him to make him a normal fig? Did you make any improvements?

I just gave him regular green legs. The Mighty Micros are regular figs with short legs. Swap the legs and you are pretty much ready. Put a couple of 1x1 tiles in green under the feet to give him some height if you like.

31 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

I just gave him regular green legs. The Mighty Micros are regular figs with short legs. Swap the legs and you are pretty much ready. Put a couple of 1x1 tiles in green under the feet to give him some height if you like.

Yeah but I don't like the face, any suggestions?

Just saw the leaked image of the next CMF series. Hoping that fox costume has a tail that could work for Squirrel Girl. I currently use Furty's tail 11101pb01.png, but that connects at the neck and interferes with many hairpieces, so I can't use 20592pb01.png which is the best choice for Doreen Green I think.

You can barely see a tail poking out from behind the CMF fox.

16 hours ago, Legoman0120 said:

I like the hair choice, but in the movie his face is supposed to be dark tan, I suggest the hobgoblins face, or if you want you want to do dofp, I suggest Hugo Strange’s face with a black stud for hair.

It is under the green parts. I chose that head for the glasses. 

good idea, but I don't like using studs as hair. How about Hugo's face with that hair? Does that work?

If not, how about this hair?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27385#T=C

16 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Just saw the leaked image of the next CMF series. Hoping that fox costume has a tail that could work for Squirrel Girl. I currently use Furty's tail , but that connects at the neck and interferes with many hairpieces, so I can't use  which is the best choice for Doreen Green I think.

You can barely see a tail poking out from behind the CMF fox.

How about rocket raccoons?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

5 hours ago, linnormlord said:

you can barely see a tail poking out from behind the CMF fox.

Pretty sure that's Rocket Raccoons tail, same colour as the rest of the figure with a white tip

4 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

It is under the green parts. I chose that head for the glasses. 

good idea, but I don't like using studs as hair. How about Hugo's face with that hair? Does that work?

If not, how about this hair?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27385#T=C

How about rocket raccoons?

That hair is a lot better. Great idea. I was to lazy to actually look.

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Can someone give me pieces to make a purist alfred? Ive decided the torso and legs, but I can’t think of a hair and head.

I mean, these pieces are pretty good

latest?cb=20170125222956

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I mean, these pieces are pretty good

:def_shrug: Wait, if i have that figure, that would mean, I don’t even need to make a custom. What is the point of making a purist if you already have a version. So technically You haven’t answered my question.

besides, I don’t even have that figure.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

25 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

:def_shrug: Wait, if i have that figure, that would mean, I don’t even need to make a custom. What is the point of making a purist if you already have a version. So technically You haven’t answered my question.

Im not saying you don't need the entire figure, but the head and bald hair piece just straight up work too well. Doesn't hurt to use pieces from a certain character to make a different version of the same character

11 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You make a good point. I haven't really understood the desire to make a purist version of a character that already exists in official Lego UNLESS it is a specific version of that character. (e.g. Spider-Man home-made suit which hasn't been released). I always thought the purist movement was about trying to figure out the best possible parts to capture the look and feel of a character. If an official part exists, how can you find a better purist version?

15 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Pretty sure that's Rocket Raccoons tail, same colour as the rest of the figure with a white tip

Rocket's tail in orange/white would be great! I don't think I have ever seen that before, Rocket's tail in grey is not great, and I have several.

14 hours ago, Legoman0120 said:

That hair is a lot better. Great idea. I was to lazy to actually look.

Thanks I was going for a more dofp/classic combination put for a fully dofp that hair works really well

The wasp- Janet Van Dyne

PicsArt_07-26-11_17_31.jpg.e3918d3d17a9136ca84b7c813e8b8a40.jpg

Sorry about the quality. I had to shrink the photos down in order to get them under the max amount of of kilobytes. Oh well. I took the hair from Ulysses Klaue, the face from infinity war black widow, the wings from that toy story bug guy, the torso from black vulcan, and the legs from wherever.

PicsArt_07-26-11.16.18.jpg

PicsArt_07-26-11.19.57.jpg