sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

That's awesome! How did you attach the tail?

Basically, I used anything I could find around :grin:. It was simply a black neck bracket, a translucent 1x1 round tile with pin (though black or red easily work too (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20482&idColor=115#T=C&C=115), and the rest is literally just one of Carnage's tendrils from the new set

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Basically, I used anything I could find around :grin:. It was simply a black neck bracket, a translucent 1x1 round tile with pin (though black or red easily work too (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=20482&idColor=115#T=C&C=115), and the rest is literally just one of Carnage's tendrils from the new set

Ah ok, I need that set lol, can't find it anywhere

6 hours ago, MarvelouslyManical said:

What did you use for the headpiece/hat?

The Book Keeper from Nexo Knights

latest?cb=20180104144313

Ok I get this is superheroes only but can some just message me and give me a good idea for a jo Bennet minifigure from the office. I would post this on the tv forum but it hasn’t been active for 3 years. 

9 hours ago, meschepers said:

Does anyone have suggestions for a total for Heimdall in his armor? I'm looking to make one.

For heimdall I would use 

Lokis helmet (sand down the horns,yes ik this isn't purist)

mordos head from dr strange

atlantis guards torso, arms and legs from justice league 

reddish brown hands

13 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

For heimdall I would use 

Lokis helmet (sand down the horns,yes ik this isn't purist)

mordos head from dr strange

atlantis guards torso, arms and legs from justice league 

reddish brown hands

If you don't want to sand down the helmet, there are other helmets in various gold colors; I like to use 24088 for Heimdall and/or Odin. It's very comic Thor-esque, even if it's not particularly accurate to the movie.

7 hours ago, N_Cat said:

If you don't want to sand down the helmet, there are other helmets in various gold colors; I like to use 24088 for Heimdall and/or Odin. It's very comic Thor-esque, even if it's not particularly accurate to the movie.

Yes that would work, I wasn't aware of that piece (which means I sanded down a Loki helmet for nothing)

10 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yes that would work, I wasn't aware of that piece (which means I sanded down a Loki helmet for nothing)

Nah, it wasn't for nothing. Especially with alterations, the Loki helmet gets a lot closer to the movie design. The one I suggested is just one alternative if you want variety in your helmets.

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Nah, it wasn't for nothing. Especially with alterations, the Loki helmet gets a lot closer to the movie design. The one I suggested is just one alternative if you want variety in your helmets.

Yeah the Loki helmet works really well, I'll definitely pick up a few of the ones u posted

I'm looking for ideas for a Quentin Beck custom

I'm currently using the Norrington bearded head but wonder if there's something better? I'd ideally like it to be double sided with at least one side angry/frowning. Also worth noting that I'm incredibly anal so don't like my MCU characters to have the same faces (so IW Cap, Bricktober Bucky, Oldschool Star Lord are out of the question)

Also (FFH spoilers)

Spoiler

Does anyone know of a good torso and leg combo for the MoCap suit Mysterio? I'm currently using the ASM Electro polybag which works well but can't help think there might be something better

What about those Jurassic World security force guys? They have an interesting pattern on them.

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

I'm currently using the Norrington bearded head but wonder if there's something better? I'd ideally like it to be double sided with at least one side angry/frowning. Also worth noting that I'm incredibly anal so don't like my MCU characters to have the same faces (so IW Cap, Bricktober Bucky, Oldschool Star Lord are out of the question)

Also (FFH spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone know of a good torso and leg combo for the MoCap suit Mysterio? I'm currently using the ASM Electro polybag which works well but can't help think there might be something better

5 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Also (FFH spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

I’m glad I’m not the only one lol

6 hours ago, legoSDR said:

Also (FFH spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

The Dastan minifigure from Prince of Persia would work great because that character was also played by Jake Gyllenhaal. He conveniantly has both a happy and angry face as well.

I have an idea for a nice yellow and black Wolverine suit using Power Man's torso, flesh arms, black hands, and Wolverines mask and head from the one set from 2014

Lego Minifigure, Headgear Mask Wolverine with Black Pointed Sides PatternLego Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Bushy Black Eyebrows and Long Thick Sideburns, Frown / Goggles, Angry Pattern - Hollow Stud

Lego Torso Muscles Outline with Black Suit PatternLego Hand

Lego Hips and Legs

I would post the actual pic of the minifigure if I could figure it out

Does anyone have ideas about how to fix the legs? I tried Sinestros legs but they weren't matching colors

9 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I have an idea for a nice yellow and black Wolverine suit using Power Man's torso, flesh arms, black hands, and Wolverines mask and head from the one set from 2014

Lego Minifigure, Headgear Mask Wolverine with Black Pointed Sides PatternLego Minifigure, Head Dual Sided Bushy Black Eyebrows and Long Thick Sideburns, Frown / Goggles, Angry Pattern - Hollow Stud

Lego Torso Muscles Outline with Black Suit PatternLego Hand

Lego Hips and Legs

I would post the actual pic of the minifigure if I could figure it out

Does anyone have ideas about how to fix the legs? I tried Sinestros legs but they weren't matching colors

What about the Where Are My Pants guy from the apocalypseburg set? You'd have to brasso off the printing and change the hips though

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=tlm139#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

20 hours ago, linnormlord said:

What about those Jurassic World security force guys? They have an interesting pattern on them.

Good idea! I'll give it a go tonight and see how they look!

17 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

The Dastan minifigure from Prince of Persia would work great because that character was also played by Jake Gyllenhaal. He conveniantly has both a happy and angry face as well.

My issue with the Dastan head is that I don't like the printing on that in general, it's a shame because like you say the fig is literally Jake Gyllenhaal

13 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

What's wrong with the yellow and blue one from 2012?

3 hours ago, legoSDR said:

What about the Where Are My Pants guy from the apocalypseburg set? You'd have to brasso off the printing and change the hips though

It will be the wrong yellow. Wolverine and Power Man use the "Bright Light Orange" color. 973pb1105c01.png

Here's a list of all legs that include Bright Light Orange.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catID=484&catXrefLevel=0&colorPart=110&itemBrand=1000&catType=P