sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Just now, Captain-DeadPool said:

You could use the hand cuff technique to cover up the printing without removing it. Hope this helps!

Interesting indeed, I might give this a try! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Kraby said:

Interesting indeed, I might give this a try! Thanks!

If all else fails and you end up deciding to remove the print, mask off the part you want to keep with some masking tape and take an artist's eraser to the rest.

Steamboat Willie’s legs are dual molded silver and black, anyone have any ideas on what characters it could work for?

21317 Steamboat Willie

Edited by Legocity2713

2 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Steamboat Willie’s legs are dual molded silver and black, anyone have any ideas on what characters it could work for?

Silver samurai perhaps? Or maybe Rhodey’s cybernetic legs.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

58 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

If all else fails and you end up deciding to remove the print, mask off the part you want to keep with some masking tape and take an artist's eraser to the rest.

Thanks!

So I recently picked up the cat suit lady from the series 18 mini figure series and I was wondering what marvel character I could use the dual molded arms and legs for. The only character I can think of as of now is count Nefaria. I’m open for suggestions.

13 minutes ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

So I recently picked up the cat suit lady from the series 18 mini figure series and I was wondering what marvel character I could use the dual molded arms and legs for. The only character I can think of as of now is count Nefaria. I’m open for suggestions.

That entire figure screams Black Cat.

The new Spidey mask-hat piece from the Hydro-Man Attack would be great for an unmasked Deadpool, especially since it doesn't have the web lines. Use the normal Deadpool body/legs, scarred Anakin head, and the new mask piece, and I imagine that would look pretty solid.

43 minutes ago, Schwa said:

The new Spidey mask-hat piece from the Hydro-Man Attack would be great for an unmasked Deadpool, especially since it doesn't have the web lines. Use the normal Deadpool body/legs, scarred Anakin head, and the new mask piece, and I imagine that would look pretty solid.

It does! I will have to try that.

Alright, now that I figured out how to get photos viewable on here, I’ll share some of my purist figures. These aren’t the best (If I had access to bricklink it would be easier making these), but I try to make due with what parts I can get. Enjoy!

From left to right: Scarlet spider, punisher, dormammu, and Ulysses Klaue

BD8636B1-E2AE-4FFF-BF6F-F5998A715E14.jpeg

On 3/19/2019 at 2:19 PM, linnormlord said:

I am a fan of Ventriloquist/Scarface based on his appearance in Batman TAS, and really liked the fan film that featured him in a Nolanesque universe as well.

Coming up with a representation of Scarface is really challenging and I think you have taken the two best approaches available at the moment. That said, the baby really doesn't work. Remember Ventriloquist is terrified of Scarface. Choosing a Clone Wars face for Scarface makes him look very inhuman and monstrous, which is appropriate for the subject and I think a very clever choice. I personally dislike those faces, but it undeniably evokes the uncanny valley here the way a ventriloquist dummy should.

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. Would you suggest any other parts to replace the current ones I have?

19 hours ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

I like the skrull! Funnily enough, I made a parts list using almost all those parts.

Well yeah....we were only talking about that a page ago lol 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:36 AM, Captain-DeadPool said:

Oops, my bad. Apologies for being forgetful of that.

All good haha

Anyone tried putting Tin Man arms on new Mark I from Hall of Armor set? Would like to see the result :)

Edited by Dorino

On 4/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, Dorino said:

Anyone tried putting Tin Man arms on new Mark I from Hall of Armor set? Would like to see the result :)

I just happen to have the tin man. I’m just waiting fir my local target to get the endgame sets, then I can share a pic or two of rhe combo. :)

18 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Does anyone have any ideas for a good head for the CW Captain Cold? Preferably with the goggles, but I can do without if need be.

if you want goggles, then the hawkeye heads could work.

On 4/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Does anyone have any ideas for a good head for the CW Captain Cold? Preferably with the goggles, but I can do without if need be.

I used this generic head on mine. I think it looks like the actor.