sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Hey there, I don’t know if anyone’s here, but if there is anyone, I’d love to share some marvel mini-figure parts list (since most of these mini-figures I can’t build due to a lack of bricklink) for anyone willing to try. :)

Does anyone have a good black knight idea?

On 3/8/2019 at 12:21 AM, Captain-DeadPool said:

Hey there, I don’t know if anyone’s here, but if there is anyone, I’d love to share some marvel mini-figure parts list (since most of these mini-figures I can’t build due to a lack of bricklink) for anyone willing to try. :)

That would be great!

On 3/9/2019 at 12:20 PM, Legoman0120 said:

Does anyone have a good black knight idea?

That would be great!

Here ya go, I compiled a parts list for ya. :)

helmet: The crested black helmet from the castle sets

Head: The lone ranger’s head from the lone ranger sets 

Cape: Standard black cape

Torso: Iron skull’s torso from the 76048 Iron skull sub attack set

Arms: Standard dark grey arms with black hands

Hip piece: Standard black hip piece

Legs: Batman’s dual molded legs from the Batman vs Superman sets

Edited by Captain-DeadPool
Oversized word font

1 hour ago, Legoman0120 said:

Thanks captain Deadpool. I can’t wait to see some more of your part lists!:thumbup:

You’re welcome! Glad to be helpful. I’ll drop a few parts list for anyone who wants to try them out. :) (I do apologize for the massive size of the font. I’ve copied these from my notes and I’m having trouble changing the size of them since I’m using an apple device.)

I watched Captain Marvel today, and I enjoyed it! So I’ll share some Captain marvel parts list.

captain Marvel (Mar-Vell):

Hair: Llyod’s hair piece (blonde anakin skywalker hair piece)

Head: Captain America’s dark blue helmeted head (either from the first avengers or age of ultron set)

Torso: Mr.incredible’s torso from the Disney mini-figure series

Arms: Standard red arms with dark blue hands

Hip piece: Standard dark blue hip piece

Legs: The mini-figure series 16 wild life photographer’s legs

Classic skrull:

Hat: Green goblin’s hat from the spiderman car chase juniors set

Head: Talos’s head from the captain marvel prototype quinjet set

Torso: Beast boy’s torso from the Jokerland set

Arms: Purple arms with black hands

Hip piece: Standard black hipe piece

Legs: Beast boy’s dual molded legs from the Jokerland set

Noh-Varr:

Helmet: Standard black motorcycle helmet

Head: Easter batman’s head from the batman movie bricktober pack (or you can use the lone rangers head as well)

Torso: The storm trooper’s torso from any recent star wars sets with a black neck bracket on top of it with a transparent red flat stud on the bracket 

Arms: The mini-figure series 2 Mime’s arms with black hands

legs: The AT-DP pilot’s legs from the star wars: rebels sets

Misplaced typing

8 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Has anyone (here or otherwise) come up with a movie Starforce uniform? I haven't tried yet, but wanted to see if anyone has already.

I can think of a few pieces to make them. Lex luthor’s dark green torso from that polybag back in 2012 with a black neck bracket put on the front with a metallic pearl flat stud on top of it, and then add black arms onto the torso with either black or green/dark green hands.) For the legs you could probably use the legs from the green parademons if you want them to have green boots. 

Edit: Needed to fix the order of part arrangement

Just now, Captain-DeadPool said:

I can thnk of a few pieces to make them. Lex luthor’s dark green torso from that polybag back in 2012 with a black neck bracket put on the front with a metallic pearl flat stud on top of it, and then add black hands onto the arms (alternatively you could use black arms or dark green/green hands) For the legs you could probably use the legs from the green parademons if you want them to have green boots. 

Great ideas! I'm going to challenge you here. What if I want teal color instead of green?

Just now, linnormlord said:

Great ideas! I'm going to challenge you here. What if I want teal color instead of green?

Teal? Like the medium blue color teal? I haven’t seen any parts in that color, but when I search teal pieces it shows medium blue. Is that the color you speak of?

3 minutes ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

Teal? Like the medium blue color teal? I haven’t seen any parts in that color, but when I search teal pieces it shows medium blue. Is that the color you speak of?

I mean the color on the Starforce uniforms. It's not green or blue, but in between. I was wondering if you could think of any pieces with this color as the print. Turquoise (light or dark) are probably the closest, but rare in pieces and prints. I finally did a bricklink search for "turqoise" and found the following print.

973pb0021.png

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=50768#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"rpp":"500","iconly":0}

It kinda works, but it's an older and simpler print. I like that it has black behind the color.

Sand green is also similar, so this familiar torso is another possibility for some of them

Lego Torso Female Armor with Straps and Metallic Silver Zipper Pattern / Black Arms / Black Hands

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=164169#T=S&C=48&O={"color":48,"rpp":"500","iconly":0}

All three options (including yours) are close.

Edited by linnormlord

14 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I mean the color on the Starforce uniforms. It's not green or blue, but in between. I was wondering if you could think of any pieces with this color as the print. Turquoise (light or dark) are probably the closest, but rare in pieces and prints. I finally did a bricklink search for "turqoise" and found the following print.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=50768#T=S&C=11&O={"color":11,"rpp":"500","iconly":0}

It kinda works, but it's an older and simpler print. I like that it has black behind the color.

Sand green is also similar, so this familiar torso is another possibility for some of them

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=164169#T=S&C=48&O={"color":48,"rpp":"500","iconly":0}

All three options (including yours) are close.

Black widow’s torso backwards would work well with some sand green hands. I don’t know of many official sand green legs.

Edit: I didn’t realize lego made some sand green legs with printing.  Perhaps Satele shan’s legs or the space hero’s legs with a sand green hip piece would work. My bad for not being more observant.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

9 hours ago, Captain-DeadPool said:

Classic skrull:

Hat: Green goblin’s hat from the spiderman car chase juniors set

Head: Talos’s head from the captain marvel prototype quinjet set

Torso: Beast boy’s torso from the Jokerland set

Arms: Purple arms with black hands

Hip piece: Standard black hipe piece

Legs: Beast boy’s dual molded legs from the Jokerland set

Pretty much the exact Skrull I made when my captain marvel set arrived. ☺ I used black hips and purple legs 

5 hours ago, steveholt said:

Pretty much the exact Skrull I made when my captain marvel set arrived. ☺ I used black hips and purple legs 

Cool!

I am gonna share another few parts list for anyone wanting to experiment.

Classic Yellow jacket:

Helmet: Hank Pym’s helmet from the 76039 Ant man final battle set

Head: Han solo’s head from the Solo sets

Torso: Power man’s torso from the spiderman spider copter set with black hands

Hip piece: Standard black hip piece

Legs: The where are my pants guy’s dual molded legs from the welcome to apocalypse-berg set (plain yellow legs work too)

Count Nefaria:

Hair: Bruce wayne’s hair piece (this hair piece is on lots of other figures as well)

Head: General Zod’s head from the lego batman movie mini figures series 2

Cape: Vision’s cape (or robin’s yellow cape from the older batman sets) with a black cape placed over it

Torso: The shadow trooper’s torso from the upcoming Star wars 20th anniversary Imperial dropship battle pack

Arms: Syndrome’s arms from the Disney mini figures series 1

Hip piece: Standard white hip piece

Legs: Also syndrome’s legs from the Disney mini figure series 1

Amadeus Cho hulk (aka totally awesome hulk):

Hair: The mini figures series 6 mechanic’s hair piece

Head: The mini figures series 14 monster rocker’s head 

Torso: Hulks torso from the Avengers: Age of ultron poly bag

Arm band: Hand cuff piece with the cuffs cut off from the chain placed on his right arm

Hip piece: The diver’s hip piece from the 2015 target exclusive mini figure gift set

Legs: Hulks dual molded legs from the Avengers: age of ultron polybag

Edit: wanted to fit in one last list

Hi guys I recently made a Lego version of The Ventriloquist and Scarface (using all official Lego parts) since they are currently not part of any set. Just want to get your opinions on them. There are two versions. 

If you think of any improvements or different pieces then please let me know.

(Couldn't upload pics to this post. Please click link below to see)

Lego The Ventriloquist and Scarface

Question for you guys. I've got a few purist figures of comic book characters, but they're not specifically superheroes. Can I post them here or should I be posting somewhere else?

1 hour ago, shadefoundry said:

Question for you guys. I've got a few purist figures of comic book characters, but they're not specifically superheroes. Can I post them here or should I be posting somewhere else?

Post them here, there's not really a better place and odds are this is where the people interested are

1 hour ago, SgtKilr said:

Post them here, there's not really a better place and odds are this is where the people interested are

In that case, here's Arwyn from the underappreciated comic Sojourn.

47345142002_139d651ac8_h.jpg

Hi guys I recently made a Lego version of The Ventriloquist and Scarface (using all official Lego parts) since they are currently not part of any set. Just want to get your opinions on them. There are two versions. 

Doc Savage and two of his assistants, Ham and Monk (along with Monk's pig Habeas Corpus sneaking into the shot):

1067503011_dochammonk.JPG.d566ec072abe8e0f2986a625f91561b1.JPG

40 minutes ago, LibraryBoy said:

Doc Savage and two of his assistants, Ham and Monk (along with Monk's pig Habeas Corpus sneaking into the shot):

Good to see some other non-superhero comic characters showing up here, they look pretty accurate from what I can tell. :laugh::thumbup:

On 3/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, JediJosh said:

I am a fan of Ventriloquist/Scarface based on his appearance in Batman TAS, and really liked the fan film that featured him in a Nolanesque universe as well.

Coming up with a representation of Scarface is really challenging and I think you have taken the two best approaches available at the moment. That said, the baby really doesn't work. Remember Ventriloquist is terrified of Scarface. Choosing a Clone Wars face for Scarface makes him look very inhuman and monstrous, which is appropriate for the subject and I think a very clever choice. I personally dislike those faces, but it undeniably evokes the uncanny valley here the way a ventriloquist dummy should.

Hey there! Not sure if this is the right place, but I'd like to ask for help about something. Please let me know if I should be asking somewhere else!

I was on the lookout for some replacement arms for my Infinity War Thor, since the one we got from the set had bare arms.

I came upon this piece, which has the perfect printed pattern... For the most part :

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb150#T=C&C=11

As you can imagine, I would like to get rid of the green printing and keep the rest. What would you recommend to remove such a small printing area without damaging the rest of the print?

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Kraby

4 minutes ago, Kraby said:

Hey there! Not sure if this is the right place, but I'd like to ask for help about something. Please let me know if I should be asking somewhere else!

I was on the lookout for some replacement arms for my Infinity War Thor, since the one we got from the set had bare arms.

I came upon this piece, which has the perfect printed pattern... For the most part :

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=981982pb150#T=C&C=11

As you can imagine, I would like to get rid of the green printing and keep the rest. What would you recommend to remove such a small printing area without damaging the rest of the print?

Thank you for your help!

You could use the hand cuff technique to cover up the printing without removing it. Hope this helps!