sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

36 minutes ago, Legoman0120 said:

So I’m guessing the datkhawk sucks? 

Hmm? There isn't an official Darkhawk minifigure. I was just wondering how to make him due to his upcoming addition into Marvel Contest of Champions

On 12/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, Schwa said:

Hmm? There isn't an official Darkhawk minifigure. I was just wondering how to make him due to his upcoming addition into Marvel Contest of Champions

I think they're asking for feedback on their suggested figure.

9 hours ago, Legoman0120 said:

Ya what he said

I understand. It's actually pretty good, but I didn't have the parts for it, so I made my own.

Lego Darkhawk

On 12/5/2018 at 6:29 AM, Schwa said:

I understand. It's actually pretty good, but I didn't have the parts for it, so I made my own.

This looks a lot like mine (you can find it posted a while back) but I used much darker pieces (black mask for example) and it didn't look right. I like the lighter colors you used here.

Be sure to give him a Wolverine claw on his right hand to represent his claw cable from the comics!

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

This looks a lot like mine (you can find it posted a while back) but I used much darker pieces (black mask for example) and it didn't look right. I like the lighter colors you used here.

Be sure to give him a Wolverine claw on his right hand to represent his claw cable from the comics!

Do you have a link to your Darkhawk? I'd like to see it. Also, how convenient is it that I have exactly one extra Wolverine claw?

3 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I gotchu!

Awesome! Though I do agree with you that the brighter colors are better.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I gotchu!

On 12/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, Schwa said:

Awesome! Though I do agree with you that the brighter colors are better.

Cool! You found it! I was never happy with the colors, it turned out way too dark. The pattern on the dark blue legs was pretty cool, but overall just was too dark. It's somewhat more faithful to the source material. To be fair, my lighting was terrible compared to @Schwa's setup. I am eager to get back to this figure and make improvements. I think I will try to get a blue ninjago cowl!

Darkhawk has a very distinctive chest amulet. I used the piece above to represent it, but can anyone else suggest an improvement?

26 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

Cool! You found it! I was never happy with the colors, it turned out way too dark. The pattern on the dark blue legs was pretty cool, but overall just was too dark. It's somewhat more faithful to the source material. To be fair, my lighting was terrible compared to @Schwa's setup. I am eager to get back to this figure and make improvements. I think I will try to get a blue ninjago cowl!

Darkhawk has a very distinctive chest amulet. I used the piece above to represent it, but can anyone else suggest an improvement?

I did realize mine was missing an amulet. Maybe a diagonal 1x1 trans red tile?

Also, if you're curious, my setup is just a desk and a desk lamp. Simple yet effective.

For mcu ronin : black hood, Nexo Knight Rogul head ( yellow eyes), CMF 5 graduate's cloak, evil mech torso with plain black arms and gold hands, silver katana and Ninjago movie Cole's legs. 

3 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

So with Endgame coming up and that concept art of Rescue, does anyone have a good way to make her?

Rescue

Just now, Skier1215 said:

Huh, that's...pretty good. Not a cheap solution but okay I can manage.

I've also seen people use the TLBM Catwoman torso/legs. I just used the Nebula torso because that is what I had. Personally, I think Catwoman's would work better because it has more silver detail.

Has anyone with the new Overwatch sets tried pairing Tracer's head with the 2012 (or I guess Mighty Micros) Catwoman? The face might be a bit too friendly, but some orange goggles might make it worth it....

Edit: Oh, and while I'm at it, here are a few shots of some figures I've done, though none of them are as exciting as some of the ideas others here have had. A lot of them are just remixes of old characters with TLBM and regular Super Heroes parts. Sorry I couldn't embed them; I think the pictures are too big. Apologies for the low quality as well....

Red Hood, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Riddler

Firefly, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Solomon Grundy, Hush

Black Lightning, Robin, Nightwing, Green Arrow

White tux Joker, Circe, easy head swap Joker

Batgirl, Hawkgirl, Huntress, (and TLBM Black Canary)

Supergirl, Lois Lane, Superman, Jimmy Olsen (and Krypto)

Riddler, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Bane

Oh, and uh...ignore that E.L. James book. I've been doing research.... :look:

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Oh, nice. The huntress is my favourite.

But the third link shows the picture from the first, so I can't see your Nightwing etc group shot.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Thanks everyone!

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, Agent Kallus said:

But the third link shows the picture from the first, so I can't see your Nightwing etc group shot.

Thanks! I've fixed it now. Those are pretty straight part swaps. I probably borrowed Black Lightning for someone here, but can't remember to credit them.

Any ideas for the Prowler's head? Beast Boy's body should work for him, and a normal purple cape and the Wonder Twin's collar would make a pretty accurate cape.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Any ideas for the Prowler's head? Beast Boy's body should work for him, and a normal purple cape and the Wonder Twin's collar would make a pretty accurate cape.

Rogul from Nexo Knights or 2016 Black Panther.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy all of the other holidays I missed! Here's some more Masters of Evil.

As always, advice and suggestions are very appreciated! Thank you!

Blackout

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143752020@N08/44744231580/in/dateposted-public/

Chemistro

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143752020@N08/32688314508/in/dateposted-public/

Crimson Dynamo (Bukharin)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143752020@N08/44744231290/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by Captain Crit