sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

8 hours ago, N_Cat said:

You ever experiment with some flavor of transparent head in that helmet?

I only have a trans-clear and trans-blue head and you can still see the black mark on the neck quite clearly. I debated trying white but a lot of other people had already done it and I wanted mine to be different.

5 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

Han's Torso from Force Awakens or Solo

That is an awesome idea!

Would someone mind testing out the Sandy Cheeks helmet with Scooby-Doo? I think it would work for a Cosmo figure but want to see if it fits.

2 hours ago, Schwa said:

Would someone mind testing out the Sandy Cheeks helmet with Scooby-Doo? I think it would work for a Cosmo figure but want to see if it fits.

A very unique idea, but sadly it doesn't fit entirely. It can sort of wedge, and if you don't move it around it'll stay, but it doesn't completely fit around the neck

Has anyone used this head for Cable? The "glowing" eye is on the wrong side but it is still there.

41450778770_b0b07c4f4a_b.jpg

Image from Brickset

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share this. Would this head work for a purist Black Lightning?

Lego Minifig, Head Dual Sided Glasses with Black Goggles, Frown / Smile without Goggles Pattern (SW Bodhi Rook) - Stud Recessed

Picture from Bricklink

On 7/26/2018 at 3:30 PM, Schwa said:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share this. Would this head work for a purist Black Lightning?

Picture from Bricklink

It's got all the right details for a Black Lightning, but in the wrong colors. Personally, I'd go with the Black Vulcan head, but I'd be curious to see how this turns out!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

This Head would work PERFECTLY for a Mach V minifigure

B79AD2A3-3488-40A0-B9BC-57E51328368D.jpeg.156492165ce1e854583d7db6f894905f.jpeg

Credit to just2good for the picture. I hope it’s okay to post this but if it isn’t please take it down.

So recently, I got myself the new Sanctum Sanctorum, and it's amazingly beautiful. The minifigures were especially nice.

That being said, the Iron Spider in that set left me with the spare Ultimate Spider-man style Iron Spider unused. And similarly, the Doctor Strange in the IW Sanctum is nicer than the 2016 Strange.

This leaves me with the question, what are some good uses for the Doctor Strange and old Iron Spider parts? Like, has anyone created anything super good especially with the torsos?

On 7/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, Skier1215 said:

So recently, I got myself the new Sanctum Sanctorum, and it's amazingly beautiful. The minifigures were especially nice.

That being said, the Iron Spider in that set left me with the spare Ultimate Spider-man style Iron Spider unused. And similarly, the Doctor Strange in the IW Sanctum is nicer than the 2016 Strange.

This leaves me with the question, what are some good uses for the Doctor Strange and old Iron Spider parts? Like, has anyone created anything super good especially with the torsos?

I think I've seen a couple people use the Doctor Strange torso for Doctor Alchemy, but that's about all I can think of. Spider-Man stuff is kinda hard to reuse since it's so specific, but if you stretch your imagination a bit you could get a newer-style Spider-Woman out of it, maybe Lady Spider or some minifig version of SP//dr? 

1 hour ago, Brickovery said:

Here is my take on the Ant-man and The Wasp characters (I improved the figures and added Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne). The only thing I still need to change is Ghost's hood from dark gray to white.

Those all look great! What head did you use for Ant-Man?

8 hours ago, Brickovery said:

Here is my take on the Ant-man and The Wasp characters (I improved the figures and added Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne). The only thing I still need to change is Ghost's hood from dark gray to white.

6 hours ago, Schwa said:

Those all look great! What head did you use for Ant-Man?

Wow, those look terrific? I would also like to know what head you used under the Ant-Man helmet.

The head is from space Batman from the Green Lanthern set (also Hank's torso uses the back printing from the same minifig). Surprisingly, even the Ghost face underneath antman's helmet somehow works.

Forgot to upload these last two batches here!

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos from Flickr? It seems the URL for embedding photos doesn't work anymore?

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

I've been trying to make some corrupt Gotham City cops. The one with the yellow hair is Lt. Flass, and the one with the bald patch is Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138009451@N08/29011466077/in/dateposted-public/ 

15 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Forgot to upload these last two batches here!

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos from Flickr? It seems the URL for embedding photos doesn't work anymore?

Yeah that's the same problem I've been having lately :sceptic: ive had to just link them recently

Edited by Alohabrick

Hello guys, im new here but am a big fan of lego purist minifigs. i have a idea for a kid flash minifig! Jay's hair, reverse flash torso, iron fist's head, red hips, and normal yellow legs. I haven't tried it so let me know if it works plz.

6 hours ago, MatrixBrix_Productions said:

Hello guys, im new here but am a big fan of lego purist minifigs. i have a idea for a kid flash minifig! Jay's hair, reverse flash torso, iron fist's head, red hips, and normal yellow legs. I haven't tried it so let me know if it works plz.

The only problem here is that the Iron Fist head and Reverse Flash torso are two different shades of yellow. The plain bare-chested yellow torso might suit it a bit better, or you could try some different heads. I'd also probably spring for the red legs with yellow boots if I were you! Oh, and welcome to the magical world of minifig making! 

Do the new mid-legs work with the standard legs (i.e. can you switch out standard and mid legs?). I don't know if this could be used anywhere but I'm sure someone could find a use for it.

2 hours ago, Schwa said:

Do the new mid-legs work with the standard legs (i.e. can you switch out standard and mid legs?). I don't know if this could be used anywhere but I'm sure someone could find a use for it.

Do you mean can the new legs go on a regular torso?

Becaus did so than yes, they can :)