sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I think Brickheadz MOCs and projects, even those related to SuperHeroes should go in the relevant forums, not here.

17 hours ago, Schwa said:

@x105Black You're in luck!

Thanks for posting that!  I've been considering building one of my own, but I'm not really a fan of Brickheadz.  I just think it would be a good way to represent that character.  I think I'd use more purple in mine.

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda on an AOS kick right now (it's surprisingly good this season!)

Anyone have good ideas for Glenn Talbot's Graviton? I was thinking this torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2560c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I don't have...

Or maybe this one if we stretch the imagination: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0898c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I do have.

On to legs and face. Tony Stark's is possible, but I was thinking maybe using Baze Malbus's just for the graying soulpatch.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1656&idColor=28#T=C&C=28

Legs seem like they'd be the least unique component.

So back to the question...any other ideas?

On 5/12/2018 at 6:12 PM, Skier1215 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm kinda on an AOS kick right now (it's surprisingly good this season!)

Anyone have good ideas for Glenn Talbot's Graviton? I was thinking this torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb2560c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I don't have...

Or maybe this one if we stretch the imagination: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0898c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

Which I do have.

On to legs and face. Tony Stark's is possible, but I was thinking maybe using Baze Malbus's just for the graying soulpatch.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1656&idColor=28#T=C&C=28

Legs seem like they'd be the least unique component.

So back to the question...any other ideas?

Here are some of my shots! My favorite is the last one!

42051614302_1a075c9109_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (1) by Numbuh1Nerd

27226535517_f18d8ccb4a_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (2) by Numbuh1Nerd

42051615072_9f00120534_n.jpg[Concept] Marvel's Graviton (3) by Numbuh1Nerd

27226536287_7fa3c78f00_n.jpgMarvel's Graviton (MCU) by Numbuh1Nerd

9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

As a big fan of the show, I am eager to make my own Graviton, so thanks for the great ideas! I was going to suggest the third one to @Skier1215's original post. Seeing these all together, I think the second one is my favorite. Is that a Ninjago torso?

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

On 5/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, linnormlord said:

As a big fan of the show, I am eager to make my own Graviton, so thanks for the great ideas! I was going to suggest the third one to @Skier1215's original post. Seeing these all together, I think the second one is my favorite. Is that a Ninjago torso?

It's from the CMF Space Villain!

On 5/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Can anyone out there put together an Ant-Man helmet with either Dr. Doom head or tDKR bane head? These suggestions come from @TheBrickBuilder14 and @SpiderJazz over on the Marvel forum for how to "fix" the inaccurate Ant-Man helmet design. The idea is that the silver/grey on the head will cover the open mouthpiece while still permitting the eyes to be seen through the transparent visor.

Also looking for ideas for replacement legs for Wasp to replace the plain blue ones from the official set. @TheBrickBuilder14 suggested Ayesha's legs for instance. 

I can't get a good picture right now, but the Bane head shows WAY too much green. The Doom head is better, but mostly just looks like a mess of metal plates. It really just looks like he has the wrong head, imo. Personally, I would keep looking.

Would this character's head work?

LEGO Star Wars Minifigur - Sith Warrior (2013)

Also, could someone put together a Star-Lord custom with that head? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Try the Spacesuit batman head from the green lantern set. It works wonders

Edited by Biggus_Brickus

I'm trying to make Rusty Collins from Deadpool 2. I'm thinking this hair, this torso or maybe this one, and short legs. No idea what to use for the head, all flesh and dark flesh heads I can find on brickowl look too happy.

@ood0 try Raj's face from the bigbang set. Also the red hoodie zipper will work fine because the other torso's color is not correct. 

Raj's alternate face is more like "what to do face".

22 hours ago, ood0 said:

I'm trying to make Rusty Collins from Deadpool 2. I'm thinking this hair, this torso or maybe this one, and short legs. No idea what to use for the head, all flesh and dark flesh heads I can find on brickowl look too happy.

This one's not exactly pissed off, but it definitely seems like a chubby kid about to start somethin',which feels right to me!

hi everyone. first time joining in on this fun! so many cool and inventive customs here its amazing! i'd like to share some of mine. thanks! :)

here's my Deadpool, Colossus, FF4 and spidey villains

42278702582_36071e43a7_n.jpgEven more Deadpool!...plus Colossus by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

41260280941_60b707626c_n.jpgFantastic Four! by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

42339833481_9bbbd54a73_n.jpgChameleon Electro Mysterio by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Edited by astig

On 25/5/2018 at 10:49 AM, astig said:

hi everyone. first time joining in on this fun! so many cool and inventive customs here its amazing! i'd like to share some of mine. thanks! :)

Even more Deadpool!...plus Colossus by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Fantastic Four! by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

Chameleon Electro Mysterio by Ja 3ni, on Flickr

WOW. That Deadpool is so good I had to take a second look to realize it wasn't the official figure! Your Fantastic Four are great, too, especially the Thing! Mysterio's helmet is downright inspired - I've never seen anyone do a version of him with those pieces before! Wonderful stuff! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:49 AM, astig said:

Those are really impressive! Your photography is top-notch as well! Congratulations!

Heads up on Sue Storm's hair– if you're just trying to match style, the same piece appears in a more fitting banana-Yellow color.

Thanks for your suggestions.

On 25/05/2018 at 9:49 AM, astig said:

These are amazing. That Deadpool is the best purist I've seen.

I'm trying to make a purist bigfig juggernaut inspired by @astig's amazing work, such as this. I mostly have it down, but I can't find any good minifigure helmets (besides maybe this, but I don't have it so I haven't tested it) or think of any good brickbuilt helmets to give him. Does anyone have any ideas? Here's a WIP of the fig. Sorry for the low quality photography, and for everything being dusty.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:50 PM, linnormlord said:

Would the following head work for Ant-Man? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2090&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Black Eyebrows, Smile / Pilot Breathing Mask Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

I don't have it so I wouldn't know if it works. The heads other people have suggested are good but I think it would be better if his eyes were showing.

12 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

Would the following head work for Ant-Man? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb2090&name=Minifig, Head Dual Sided Black Eyebrows, Smile / Pilot Breathing Mask Pattern - Stud Recessed&category=[Minifig, Head]#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90,"iconly":0}

I don't have it so I wouldn't know if it works. The heads other people have suggested are good but I think it would be better if his eyes were showing.

That seems like a GREAT fit, if I could get my hands on one. Seems a bit hard to find. All the suggestions I tried (but only the ones I tried) fail at the eyes. This looks like a great fit.

This new hat 6225188 would work for the captain cold with powers (was that new 52? I'm not sure)

Heres a few of mine.

from left to right: Heatwave (Mix of CW and comics), Firefly- Bridgit Pike (Gotham S:2), Firefly- Garfield Lynns (Mix of different designs inspired by @Duncan Young's many takes on the character) and Oracle.

28661563138_4aaa1a51fd_c.jpgDC Purist customs. by Bismuth83, on Flickr

p.s: anyone know any heads that would work for a masked Bridgit Pike. (Picture in spoiler bracket)

Spoiler

Image result for firefly gotham

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Heres a few of mine.

from left to right: Heatwave (Mix of CW and comics), Firefly- Bridgit Pike (Gotham S:2), Firefly- Garfield Lynns (Mix of different designs inspired by @Duncan Young's many takes on the character) and Oracle.

DC Purist customs. by Bismuth83, on Flickr

p.s: anyone know any heads that would work for a masked Bridgit Pike. (Picture in spoiler bracket)

Hide contents

I think that https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw768#T=S&O={"iconly":0} would work great

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.