sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Goldenninja3000, I was a little disappointed to learn that they didn't actually have the head you mentioned in the Battle for Asgard set... I used sharpie to fix the mask of my Deathstroke minifig (some of the printing had come off the black half of his face), but I kept having to re-apply it, and I think it was taking the printing off when it rubbed off, so I wouldn't recommend. 

1 hour ago, Drsam92 said:

Goldenninja3000, I was a little disappointed to learn that they didn't actually have the head you mentioned in the Battle for Asgard set... I used sharpie to fix the mask of my Deathstroke minifig (some of the printing had come off the black half of his face), but I kept having to re-apply it, and I think it was taking the printing off when it rubbed off, so I wouldn't recommend. 

Thanks for letting me know about the Sharpie, and it makes sense why they didn’t include it because it was hidden from marketing and a big surprise. I’m hoping it’ll be fixed in the IW sets though. 

On 11/10/2017 at 6:29 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hey all! I just saw Ragnarok last week and really want to make a custom, 90% purist figure of

Reveal hidden contents

one-eyed Thor. Obviously the only thing I need to do is block out one of the eyes on the Ragnarok figures with red, but how would I do this? Sharpie, paint, or something else? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

I also want to make a 100% purist custom of Medusa from the new Inhumans show. I’ll definitely use Ariel’s hair, and I saw that someone recommended Nebula or LBM Catwoman’s torso, but I need a head and would prefer to find a lighter shade of purple for the dress. Thank you in advance!

CMF Baby sitter torso backwards works wonders on medusa. 

9 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

CMF Baby sitter torso backwards works wonders on medusa. 

Does it show yellow flesh on the back though? I have the figure but don’t remember exactly what it looks like. 

Edit: I found the torso on BrickLink. Looks great! The long Ariel hair should cover up most of the pug, too. Does Lego make lavender legs? I didn’t see any listed on BrickLink but I thought they did. At least I already own one of the dress slopes in lavender as a backup. Does anyone have a face recommendation?

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

The new boxer from the new Modular Diner could be reused (body and torso) for a purist classic Luke Cage Powerman

Few more of my figs: 

Old Man Logan and Sabretooth 

Beast and Daredevil

Aquaman and Captain Marvel/Shazam 

Huntress and Red Tornado 

I've got quite a lot of purist customs knocking about, these are a few of my faves :)

Edited by Drsam92

Nice job on those, @Drsam92! I think they're all good, but Beast is my favorite. I don't think I've ever seen that Chima head used for him before, but it's perfect!

Thanks @N_Cat, I saw that chima minifig and thought it was ideal for Beast... I actually use a chima gorilla head under the tiger headpiece to get the yellow eyes, which I think works pretty well. 

@TrunkWyatt I know that the Flash torso is the logical one to use, but for some reason (I don't know why,) it just rubs me up the wrong way. That's just me being weird though. I use the royal guard torso as an alternative because it looks military, evoking the "Captain Marvel" name. It's kind of a thematic rather than literal choice.

On 12/1/2017 at 5:42 AM, Borex said:

The new boxer from the new Modular Diner could be reused (body and torso) for a purist classic Luke Cage Powerman

That's a great pull! Even the legs are perfect!

I'm loving those figs, Drsam92! Old Man Logan is fantastic, and I love that Beast! It reminds me of Beast from the Whedon era, when he looked like a big cat! Red Tornado's really interesting, too! That torso is more fitting than a lot of others I've seen, but I can't quite figure out what about it feels so much more Red Tornado-y?? Great work, all around!

Hear me out, has anyone tried making a clasic Luke Cage with Finn's Head / Hair, Brown and Yellow Wolverine Torso, Catman's arms and hands with the Blue and Yellow dual molded legs?

13 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

Hear me out, has anyone tried making a clasic Luke Cage with Finn's Head / Hair, Brown and Yellow Wolverine Torso, Catman's arms and hands with the Blue and Yellow dual molded legs?

But isn’t that a different yellow?

On 12/2/2017 at 12:17 PM, N_Cat said:

Nice job on those, @Drsam92! I think they're all good, but Beast is my favorite. I don't think I've ever seen that Chima head used for him before, but it's perfect!

you might have.  I posted a beast with that chima head a while back.  I actually have a redux of it I have yet to post, that more closely resembles his costume in the Grant Morrison New X-Men series

On 12/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, Borex said:

But isn’t that a different yellow?

Yeah, the Wolverine torso is Light Orange, and the legs have the traditional minifig yellow.

2 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Yeah, the Wolverine torso is Light Orange, and the legs have the traditional minifig yellow.

Yeah but with the blue breaking the two up it should look ok

25047843848_d13d6de595.jpg

Here's some from me ,enjoy :tongue:.

I wasn't sure how well Captain Marvel (Shazam) worked with the incredibles torso but Its the best, I've got for him.

Edited by Agent Kallus

16 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I wasn't sure how well Captain Marvel (Shazam) worked with the incredibles torso but Its the best, I've got for him.

The Mighty Micro Flash torso might be good for Shazam. I love the use of Bart Simpson’s arms; you might want to get the red legs with yellow “boots” from the Fun at the Beach set if you can.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:27 AM, Biggus_Brickus said:

Yeah but with the blue breaking the two up it should look ok

Possibly! I'd give it a try, but I don't have those legs :grin:

On 12/8/2017 at 3:15 PM, Agent Kallus said:

25047843848_d13d6de595.jpg

Here's some from me ,enjoy :tongue:.

I've seen a lot of Shazam figures, but while most of them go for more of a "dorky Superman" vibe, yours actually looks kinda badass?? It's hard to quantify it, but your Shazam actually looks really cool, and I love it! Black Canary and Wonder Girl are really nice, too, and that's a really interesting and unique angle on Penguin, too! Great stuff!

On 09/12/2017 at 1:11 PM, Felkin said:

The Mighty Micro Flash torso might be good for Shazam. I love the use of Bart Simpson’s arms; you might want to get the red legs with yellow “boots” from the Fun at the Beach set if you can.

On 09/12/2017 at 8:41 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I've seen a lot of Shazam figures, but while most of them go for more of a "dorky Superman" vibe, yours actually looks kinda badass?? It's hard to quantify it, but your Shazam actually looks really cool, and I love it! Black Canary and Wonder Girl are really nice, too, and that's a really interesting and unique angle on Penguin, too! Great stuff!

Thanks :blush: Good call on the legs,I intend to pick up some of those legs when b and p reopens after Christmas. Though I'm still undecided on the torso, I might change it,I'm not sure. The use of the Bart arms was inspired by Captain Marvel's appearance in Justice League: War.

Speaking of Shazam/Captain Marvel related characters, I think Black Vulcan's torso from the Lego Batman Movie CMF Series 2 would really work for a purist Black Adam. Now if he was only wearing pants, you could've had the legs as well.

Lego_Batman_Movie_2_series_71020-20_Blac

Edited by MisterBatfleck

21 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Speaking of Shazam/Captain Marvel related characters, I think Black Vulcan's torso from the Lego Batman Movie CMF Series 2 would really work for a purist Black Adam. Now if he was only wearing pants, you could've had the legs as well.

Ooo, good pull! I was thinking that his head and maybe his torso could be nice for Black Lightning. That head's going to be an especially nice one to have, since it looks like under that cowl he has a domino mask on. Come to think of it, that torso might even work for a Static minifig! It's not exactly what Virgil wears, but it's got the right colors and imagery to be a decent fill-in!

And that head would be downright perfect for Icon! 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd