sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

On 9/25/2017 at 1:50 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Suppose we oughta fix that!

Here's three new figs!

Mr. Terrific

Wild Dog

Isis

great Wild Dog.  I have been agonizing over finalizing my own version.  I initially used the same helmet piece but decided against it in favor of something else.  That torso idea though, very clever, I did not think of that.  Also just after reading a recent DC Metal tie-in was wondering how i might be able to pull off Mr. Terrific.  Using only yellow would make it real hard for me.

14 minutes ago, autorazr said:

great Wild Dog.  I have been agonizing over finalizing my own version.  I initially used the same helmet piece but decided against it in favor of something else.  That torso idea though, very clever, I did not think of that.  Also just after reading a recent DC Metal tie-in was wondering how i might be able to pull off Mr. Terrific.  Using only yellow would make it real hard for me.

I know you've probably had to answer this question a bunch of times but why have you restricted yourself to only yellow? The added challenge? To fit in with in-house Lego themes? I just don't understand it

On 10/5/2017 at 2:59 PM, autorazr said:

Thanks! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I recently got the Roman Gladiator CMF, and I thought the hairpiece from it would work quite well for Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan.  The Lego games gave him Peter Venkman's hair, and I think both have their pros and cons; Venkman's is  balding, but the Gladiator's (Finn's) better portrays the very curly texture and close-cropped style, and it has a fairly high hairline for a Lego wig anyway. I threw them both on Lex Luthor for comparison.

Oh, and I've thrown in what Ultron looks like with Darth Maul-extendo-Robo legs. Figured I'd try it, given how much taller he is than everybody else, and the fact that he's got Robo legs.

kVDL9vc.jpg?1

FOHRVfJ.jpg?1

On 10/5/2017 at 3:22 PM, Duncan Young said:

I know you've probably had to answer this question a bunch of times but why have you restricted yourself to only yellow? The added challenge? To fit in with in-house Lego themes? I just don't understand it

It isn't more challenging, actually much less.  If you look through all my posts, I've been able to more accurately recreate hundreds of characters.  I am only limited in that domino mask faces in yellow all seem to have mustaches. Yellow gives me more variety.  When I see characters that are POC and they use the same 4 black characters heads over and over, I'd rather just see them with a yellow head that better fits the character.  Flesh color lego assumes that there are 4 skin tones, its just not even close to being accurate, yellow can represent anything and anyone.  It is more in the spirit of lego.  So main reason being more choice, secondary reason is philosophical, lego was just better before fleshtones, representation wasn't an issue, now it is.

The Defenders

This is my first attempt at some purist figs....90% purist I gotta admit though that the hairpiece for Matt Murdock I colored in the glasses from TLBM Robin hair!

:cry_sad:

suggestions welcome! Thank you!

1 hour ago, Alohabrick said:

The Defenders

This is my first attempt at some purist figs....90% purist I gotta admit though that the hairpiece for Matt Murdock I colored in the glasses from TLBM Robin hair!

:cry_sad:

suggestions welcome! Thank you!

Love that Jessica, where is the torso from?

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Love that Jessica, where is the torso from?

Thank you! :) 

the torso is actually Bruce banner's from the attack on Asgard set from the Thor: Ragnorok 

hair: Thalia al ghul

legs: TLBM CMF robin

head: angry Maria hill head

Edited by Alohabrick

On October 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Wow, those are actually pretty different from the usual combos! I love it!

Thank you! :)

DC C-Listers 

The C-Men

Top row- Calculator, Zebra Man, Zodiac Master, Calendar Man, Eraser, Polka Dot Man

Middle Row- Flamingo, Kite Man, Signal Man, Dr No Face, Black Spider, Atomic Man, Doctor Destiny, Catman, Electrocutioner

Bottom Row- Crazy Quilt, King of Cats, Cluemaster, KGBeast, Mr Toxic, The Spinner, Gaggy (that's Gagsworth A. Gagsworthy to you, skank), me, Gar, Cypher, Snowman, Funny Face, Meltdown and Dr Phosphorus A few of these guys have non-purist vambraces, No Face has a modified head and Phosphorus has modified legs but other than that they all should be purist

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

DC C-Listers 

Top row- Calculator, Zebra Man, Zodiac Master, Calendar Man, Eraser, Polka Dot Man

Middle Row- Flamingo, Kite Man, Signal Man, Dr No Face, Black Spider, Atomic Man, Doctor Destiny, Catman, Electrocutioner

Bottom Row- Crazy Quilt, King of Cats, Cluemaster, KGBeast, Mr Toxic, The Spinner, Gaggy (that's Gagsworth A. Gagsworthy to you, skank), me, Gar, Cypher, Snowman, Funny Face, Meltdown and Dr Phosphorus A few of these guys have non-purist vambraces, No Face has a modified head and Phosphorus has modified legs but other than that they all should be purist

I'm not familiar with a lot of these guys, but the two that stand out most to me are your spot-on Flamingo and Gaggy! 

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

DC C-Listers 

I remember seeing Cypher in Beware the Batman, he looks really cool. Props to Electrocutioner and Gagsworth too (Gaggy is really scraping the bottom of the barrel of characters :laugh:)

More leaks have revealed a Jason Todd Robin minifigure is on the way! We'll be getting a head with a red domino mask, the perfect touch for any Roy Harper figures! 

Plus, that means we'll be missing only one canonical Robin minifigure: Stephanie Brown! How's that for a prompt? :tongue:

I found a gift shop at the mall that had old Series 15 CMF, and was able to find the Golden Winged Warrior, which I'm trying to think of a way to make him into armored Thor. The helmet, armor, and wings are too good to not be re-used in other sets.

This is my first time posting  here's my attempt at some JSA/All-Star Squadron Members.

L-R: Zatara (Giovanni Zatara), unmasked Dr Fate (Kent Nelson), Wildcat (Ted Grant), Unmasked Hawkman (Carter Hall) nPic 1

L-R: Flash (Jay Garrick), Black Canary (Dinah Drake), Hourman (Rex Tyler), Commander Steel (Hank Heywood) Pic 2

The "Helmet of Fate" I use is a brickforge helmet, so it's not included. I also cheated and modded Jay's helmet slightly - those mining helmets have a stud on the front, which I removed, but as he's wearing the helmet back to front, the change isn't actually visible in the pic. To be fully purist, just don't remove the stud.

Hey all! I just saw Ragnarok last week and really want to make a custom, 90% purist figure of

one-eyed Thor. Obviously the only thing I need to do is block out one of the eyes on the Ragnarok figures with red, but how would I do this? Sharpie, paint, or something else? Thanks to anyone who can help me!

I also want to make a 100% purist custom of Medusa from the new Inhumans show. I’ll definitely use Ariel’s hair, and I saw that someone recommended Nebula or LBM Catwoman’s torso, but I need a head and would prefer to find a lighter shade of purple for the dress. Thank you in advance!