sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

On 4/21/2017 at 6:40 PM, justjonnoh said:

I know this is from forever ago but I'd love the recipes for these!

Welcome to the forum!
I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, as they're not my figures, but this is what I got from the page you linked to.
If anything, it's more likely that it's the right part, but in the wrong color.
In any case, good luck, and happy building!
That user has also since updated his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. figures. They can be seen here.
- TheBigRed Cheese

L-R
Mockingbird:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly - With these hands
Hips and Legs
Sticks (x2)

Lincoln:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs
Lightning Bolt

May:
Hair
Head
Torso - With these arms and these hands
Hips and Legs

Coulson:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly - With these hands
Hips and Legs
Side Note: Just in case you weren't aware, there is an official Agent Coulson minifigure out there. Personally, I think this one is just a tad better.

Sky:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly - With these hands
Hips and Legs
Fists (x2)

Simmons:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Fitz:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs

On 4/18/2017 at 0:15 PM, BatofGotham said:

Can someone put the new bruce wayne head onto the dceu batman just oike mu profile pic

Not that I have these parts, but just to clarify for the thread, which Bruce Wayne head are you talking about?

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

2 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Welcome to the forum!
I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, as they're not my figures, but this is what I got from the page you linked to.
That user has also since updated his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. figures. They can be seen here.
- TheBigRed Cheese

L-R
Mockingbird:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs
Sticks (x2)

Lincoln:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs
Lightning Bolt

May:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Coulson:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs
Side Note: Just in case you weren't aware, there is an official Agent Coulson minifigure out there. Personally, I think this one is just a tad better.

Sky:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs
Fists (x2)

Simmons:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Fitz:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs

Not that I have these parts, but just to clarify for the thread, which Bruce Wayne head are you talking about?

The Bruce head from TLBM. I wanna see what it looks like on the DCEU batman. That bruce hair is really spot on

4 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Welcome to the forum!
- TheBigRed Cheese

L-R
Mockingbird:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs
Sticks (x2)

Lincoln:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs
Lightning Bolt

May:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Coulson:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Sky:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs
Fists (x2)

Simmons:
Hair
Head
Hips and Legs

Fitz:
Hair
Head
Torso Assembly
Hips and Legs

Just a few corrections: I used that hair in light yellow for Mockingbird, though what you've suggested is much more accurate to the show. Quake's hair is actually dark brown, and Fitz's is Medium Dark Flesh. Otherwise, yeah, you nailed it! 

Does anybody know of a cheap source for solid blue hands, off the shelf? I couldn't find any small sets with blue-handed minifigs, but I need a pair for my Animal Man (I had to borrow some from Trickster for the photo). Is the CMF Vet's hands normal blue?

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Does anybody know of a cheap source for solid blue hands, off the shelf? I couldn't find any small sets with blue-handed minifigs, but I need a pair for my Animal Man (I had to borrow some from Trickster for the photo). Is the CMF Vet's hands normal blue?

Here is a complete list of "blue hands" https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=983&colorID=7&in=A

You can see that the arctic series from a couple of years back gave a lot of blue hands ... those should be pretty cheap figs/torsos on bricklink and elsewhere. A few Nexo Knights figs too.

Vet's hands are bright azure or something like that. Cheapest blue hands I could find currently on shelves is Ultimate Clay from Nexo Knights ~$10. Lego Juniors Batman's hands are also blue, the set is ~$20 but its contents may prove to be more useful than the Nexo Knights set.

So I loved the brick-built "maxifig" Ant-Man from last year's airport battle scene and ever since we found out this year's Wonder Woman set would have one as well for Ares, I resolved to make some of my own.

One of my favorite MOC brickbuilt figs was The Destroyer from Thor, but I had to dismantle it a while back. So I am excited to bring it back as a MaxiFig. It still looks like a minifig so I say it belongs here :P He's also facing off against Ant-Man.

33421247603_781c5dbe43.jpg33390342814_8071e3c2b0.jpg34101328091_5aaaa746ed.jpg

Editing in Flickr disabled at the moment, so the crop on the first image is atrocious, sorry! I built this with parts I had laying around, so the hands are very different from TLG's design, and there are definitely a few places where a different piece is out there that would have worked better. I found also found out just how hard it is to find the right pieces in light grey.

Anyone else working on purist superhero brick-built maxifigs?

p.s. I am aware that "maxifig" has an established meaning in Lego speak, but that term hasn't been relevant since 1982 so I am appropriating it here.

53 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

"Anyone else working on purist superhero brick-built maxifigs?"

It's funny, i just put together an all light bluish grey "nude" one of these last week as a start to  what i hope to make into a Sentinel

10 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I tried my hand at making a deluxe Kurse (classic), Korg and a Hulkbuster that latter turned into Crimson Dynamo after the AOU Hulkbuster dropped, they're not in Giant Man/Ares style though.

If anyone is purphaps working on a Dormammu, I would very much love to see it, I think a lot of us could benefit from a giant Dormammu to our collections

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If anyone is purphaps working on a Dormammu, I would very much love to see it, I think a lot of us could benefit from a giant Dormammu to our collections

I think Ares' head could be used for a decent MCU Dormammu head. The black with red eyes looks pretty accurate. 

10 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I think Ares' head could be used for a decent MCU Dormammu head. The black with red eyes looks pretty accurate. 

I did think that, we would just need flames and maybe some purple to surround it

Wonder woman ares going only off of this picture

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6kIkHZNQpao/maxresdefault.jpg

Shades torso, legs and sheild  https://brickset.com/sets/853687-1/Accessory-Set

series 17 gladiator hips or just plain dark grey or black hips

dark blueish gray hands

Cole RX arms

mola rams helmet with cow horns

6170081: Mini Head No. 2062 from nexo knights or garmadon's head peice

city jungle knife

and maybe gunmetal zx ninjago shoulder armour.

Yes the legs are inverted but that's the best I could do.

If any one has the parts and the time could they post the result here, thanks.

Edited by LuxorV
Oversized image. Turned into link.

This is my interpretation of Metallo (predominately based on his earlier appearances though with a slight pallet change). I quite like it but I'm interested in knowing your opinions

Classic Metallo

On 4/24/2017 at 1:26 PM, legosamsonite said:

Any one make mcu ego yet?

Lego mcu Ego

Hair: Sensei Garmadon

Head: Obi wan Kenobi

Cape: CMF Highwayman

Torso: Jake Raines (backwards)

Arms: Tan with flesh hands

Legs: the newest Kanan Jarrus

On April 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM, BatofGotham said:

Hey guys I'm really into DC Rebirth and can you please show me what the TLBM Batgirl looks like with the New 52 Batgirl's cowl and head

I wanna know how it looks at first cause I have the old one and wanna go for the batgirl of burnside look

Courtesy of TheMooseFigs on Flickr: 

Lego DC Figures 78

On April 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM, legosamsonite said:

Any one make mcu ego yet?

Courtesy of The Brick Hero also on Flickr:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 custom Star Lord ⭐️ & Ego The Living Planet ? LEGO minifigures.

Edited by Legocity2713

1 hour ago, Rinzler said:

Anyone know what I could do with the parts of Mime from the Lego Batman CMFs?

The head's good for a bog standard joker goon.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:46 AM, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Wonder woman ares going only off of this picture

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6kIkHZNQpao/maxresdefault.jpg

Shades torso, legs and sheild  https://brickset.com/sets/853687-1/Accessory-Set

series 17 gladiator hips or just plain dark grey or black hips

dark blueish gray hands

Cole RX arms

mola rams helmet with cow horns

6170081: Mini Head No. 2062 from nexo knights or garmadon's head peice

city jungle knife

and maybe gunmetal zx ninjago shoulder armour.

Yes the legs are inverted but that's the best I could do.

If any one has the parts and the time could they post the result here, thanks.

Maybe glam-metal batman's legs would work

On 24/4/2017 at 4:12 AM, linnormlord said:

Here is a complete list of "blue hands" https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=983&colorID=7&in=A

You can see that the arctic series from a couple of years back gave a lot of blue hands ... those should be pretty cheap figs/torsos on bricklink and elsewhere. A few Nexo Knights figs too.

On 24/4/2017 at 4:13 AM, Legocity2713 said:

Vet's hands are bright azure or something like that. Cheapest blue hands I could find currently on shelves is Ultimate Clay from Nexo Knights ~$10. Lego Juniors Batman's hands are also blue, the set is ~$20 but its contents may prove to be more useful than the Nexo Knights set.

Thanks a bunch! I'll be keeping an eye out for that Clay set, but worst comes to worse, it's about time I place a new Bricklink order! 

On 24/4/2017 at 4:29 AM, linnormlord said:

So I loved the brick-built "maxifig" Ant-Man from last year's airport battle scene and ever since we found out this year's Wonder Woman set would have one as well for Ares, I resolved to make some of my own.

One of my favorite MOC brickbuilt figs was The Destroyer from Thor, but I had to dismantle it a while back. So I am excited to bring it back as a MaxiFig. It still looks like a minifig so I say it belongs here :P He's also facing off against Ant-Man.

Editing in Flickr disabled at the moment, so the crop on the first image is atrocious, sorry! I built this with parts I had laying around, so the hands are very different from TLG's design, and there are definitely a few places where a different piece is out there that would have worked better. I found also found out just how hard it is to find the right pieces in light grey.

p.s. I am aware that "maxifig" has an established meaning in Lego speak, but that term hasn't been relevant since 1982 so I am appropriating it here.

WOW!! That is incredible!!! Like, I audibly gasped when I saw that! Stunning work, dude!!!

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

I got that surfer figure today! So here's New 52 Red Robin (Also featured 90s Robin, Mid 2000s Robin and Rebirth Red Robin)

DC Figbarf 41- Tim Drake evolution