sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Here is an obscure one I worked on over the weekend for my 4th World collection...I'd like a better hairpiece but for now, this'll do.

Virmin Vunderbar:

ZSQPoRk.jpg

On 2/6/2017 at 10:41 PM, SpiderMana said:

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but some of these I've posted on Flickr quite a while ago, so they might be old news to some.

First up, I finally threw together a power-armor Lex. I nabbed the torso off of Bricklink a while ago, and have been meaning to put it to use. Not sure if I like the legs more here or on Hawkeye, though...

Harley, Ivy, and Ed have all been upgraded (AKA I used most of the outfits from TLBM and kept the older, more comic-accurate (IMO) heads/hairs/hat)

Aaand Kraven, updated with Cave-Bats's arms and some forest-trooper legs from a Star Wars battle pack. (And Nizam's head from Prince of Persia, but I swapped that out instantly.)

Beautiful updates across the board. I personally like Nizam's head on Kraven, but to each his own. :)

On 2/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, Repeter said:

Been awhile. I think it was around page 25 that I last contributed to this most excellent thread. Big ups to all those who've kept it going over the years. Anyway, here are some attempts at making a Toyman:

My BtAS version:

A "creative" version, using some movie parts:

Personally, I think your BtAS version looks a bit feminine, and the "creative" version looks too much like TLBM's Robin. I used similar combos for a Justice League TV (BtAS canon) version, albeit with the plain smiley or psycho gangster heads.

On 2/9/2017 at 5:15 AM, The Pearson said:

Can someone more experienced with purist minifigs help me out here? I'm trying to make the minifigs in this poster for Gotham but I'm not sure if all the heads and torsos exist. I know Ivy is the official one and Gordon's torso is J. Jonah Jameson's but that is all I know.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCComics/status/828698574766632961/photo/2

On 2/9/2017 at 5:45 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

The heads are all photoshop, Penguins hair isn't real either, but Alfred's torso is from a promo polybag of a balloon stand, and Bullocks is from The Lego Movie robot from the Cloud Cuckoo Land set. As for the others I'm not sure.

12 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I think that you can get all of those torsos except Ed and Bruce.

Just to be extra clear: 
Selena: Her hair seems to be the classic ponytail, with visor goggles just sitting on top of it. Her face is real, but I'm not quite sure which one it is. Using this list, skim all of the images of heads made after 2014. (2015-2017). It should be in there. Her torso doesn't seem to exist, although I'm not 100% sure.

Ed: His hair seems to be the modern combed back style. His face is real as well, but it doesn't exist in light flesh. Ed's torso is real as well, but as with his face, doesn't exist in the right shade. 

Ivy: She appears to be entirely the official 2012-2015 figure.

Penguin: His hair does not exist (this is the closest equivalent) and the best of my knowledge, nor does his face. His torso, however, does.

Harvey: His hat does not exist, per se, but this is the closest equivalent. Nor does his face, but again, this is the closest equivalent. His torso, however, does exist.

Jim: This is his hair's closest equivalent, this is his face's, this actually is his torso, but I'm not sure what his pants are.

Bruce: Strangely enough, Bruce seems to be a carbon copy of the classic Sony Peter Parker.

Alfred: This is his hair, and this is his torso. Now, I am extremely confident that his face exists, but I just can't find it! UGH. I feel as though it's in yellow, not light flesh, though. Sorry to say.

Hoped this helped a bit!

Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese  

On 2/9/2017 at 1:04 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Just made Crime-Master using Zodiac Master's head, The Eraser's torso and legs, and Western Emmet's cowboy hat. Threw in a 60s style Spider-Man as well. :)

Nice job! He looks awesome, as does classic Spidey!

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Made a JPV Azrael, Black Canary and Robin (and a Non-Purist Question that should be ignored)

Also made an unmasked variant as well as a Michael Lane figure

What do you guys think?

Not really all that familiar with Azrael, but there's something off about the main J.P.V. figure. I don't know what it is, just something. BC and Robin look great. though! As for the unmasked versions, there's not much I can say.  

6 hours ago, Repeter said:

Here is ... [Virman Vundabar]

Beautiful! As for hair, either this, or this will work. This would be your best option, but unfortunately, it doesn't come in black.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

I think this guy from Reddit wins the Spider-Verse competition. Like... by a thousand country miles. I mean look at that Jackal from the Clone Conspiracy arc! Those boots on iron Spider! The Inheritors! Merlin! All of them are absolute perfection :drool: 

Photo and link to original page below:

p6vi58maxpfy.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/5twth7/update_to_my_spiderverse_after_bl_orders/

Edited by Legocity2713

16 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I think this guy from Reddit wins the Spider-Verse competition. Like... by a thousand country miles. I mean look at that Jackal from the Clone Conspiracy arc! Those boots on iron Spider! The Inheritors! Merlin! All of them are absolute perfection :drool: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/5twth7/update_to_my_spiderverse_after_bl_orders/

Love that Jessica Carpenter Spider-Woman. Is that Jackal head purist? I don't doubt it but I am unfamiliar. A few of these I'm not recognizing, and reddit doesn't seem to have one (I could be missing it). Can someone provide a legend? Also, as pointed out at the link, the bridge battle spiders aren't on there (yet, she/he hasn't built the set yet).

On 14/2/2017 at 3:50 AM, Legocity2713 said:

Wow, thanks for the share. I usually just lurk on here for ideas. Lol not sure who is Merlin...

Characters starting from top left:

Cosmic Spidey, Prince Arachne, Jackal (current, Anubis head from Pharaohs quest), Morlun, Hammerhead, Chameleon, Cyborg Spidey, 

Captain Spider-man (flash), Spider-Girl (Anya  Corazon), MJ in Iron Spider Suit (Amazing Spider-Man 15), Spider Island MJ, Spider-Man (Ashley Barton), Spider-Man India

Man Spider, Superior Spidey, Manga Spidey, Karn - more recognizable if I gave him his weapon, Iron spider, Miles, Dusk (identify crisis), Peter and Spidey.

Still trying to figure out ideas for the rest of the Spider-Verse cast and Inheritors. Combing through brink link gets tedious.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Red Ball said:

Still trying to figure out ideas for the rest of the Spider-Verse cast and Inheritors. Combing through brink link gets tedious.

The judge torso from CMF S9 would work for Brix and Bora

On 2/13/2017 at 5:30 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Beautiful updates across the board. I personally like Nizam's head on Kraven, but to each his own. :)

To be clear, I do still have the Nizam head on Kraven. I only meant that I didn't think to mention it at first since I had given him that upgrade the instant I got him. The one in the set just didn't cut it for me, at all.

54 minutes ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

Hi guys

Any good ideas for torso printing for a minifig scale Juggernaut?

He's been posted in here a few times, if you do a quick search for him you will find some inspiration :)

2 hours ago, Nuns In Crocs said:

Hi guys

Any good ideas for torso printing for a minifig scale Juggernaut?

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

He's been posted in here a few times, if you do a quick search for him you will find some inspiration :)

I posted mine a while back. I like it, but it's far from perfect. Here he is with a bunch of other X-Men Villains.

31008015693_bd8543e8f0.jpg

17 hours ago, Red Ball said:

Morlun, Hammerhead

That Morlun looks pretty good like this. Do you know what parts he used? And what suit Hammerhead uses? 

13 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

To be clear, I do still have the Nizam head on Kraven. I only meant that I didn't think to mention it at first since I had given him that upgrade the instant I got him. The one in the set just didn't cut it for me, at all.

Ah. I thought that you were referring to getting rid of the Nizam head. 

6 hours ago, Repeter said:

Hey Big Red Cheese, that "psycho gangster" head is great for the Toyman...thanks for the suggestion.

No problem! I have a handful myself, and I've found them useful for many, many different figures.

3 hours ago, Borex said:

That Morlun looks pretty good like this. Do you know what parts he used? And what suit Hammerhead uses? 

Hammerhead has the Alien Conquest businessman bystander torso with flesh hands, Morlun uses Superman's (presumably MoS) head, Red Hood's (LEGO Batman Movie) torso plus flesh hands, and I can't quite pinpoint the hair, but its the same as Lucius Malfoy in black

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Hammerhead has the Alien Conquest businessman bystander torso with flesh hands, Morlun uses Superman's (presumably MoS) head, Red Hood's (LEGO Batman Movie) torso plus flesh hands, and I can't quite pinpoint the hair, but its the same as Lucius Malfoy in black

Thanks! I just had a look at my red hood this morning and i totally didn't recognize it. Now i need to buy another red hood because i'm quite fond of this fig

3 hours ago, Borex said:

Thanks! I just had a look at my red hood this morning and i totally didn't recognize it. Now i need to buy another red hood because i'm quite fond of this fig

My Morlun was using the Dracula (Monster Fighters) torso, but this looks so much cooler

On 2/15/2017 at 3:48 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

My Morlun was using the Dracula (Monster Fighters) torso, but this looks so much cooler

I just switched the legs to  Purple; its makes it look even better.

So, on the pictures of Collectable Minifigures #17, I see one figure in particular that stands out: the sand green guy with the weird helmet. Almost the entire figure, along with his gun, could not be more perfect for a classic Melter.

1 hour ago, The Brick King said:

So, on the pictures of Collectable Minifigures #17, I see one figure in particular that stands out: the sand green guy with the weird helmet. Almost the entire figure, along with his gun, could not be more perfect for a classic Melter.

Ahh Melter... As soon as I saw him, I knew he looked close enough to a Marvel villain :laugh:

4 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Link/source, please?

4 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Link/source, please?

Shouldn't be too hard to find, I'm unable to link it at the moment however.

The wetsuit guy's torso should be good for Red Robin