sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

On 1/30/2017 at 7:51 PM, HMD BrickCustoms said:

STRIPE and Stargirl

Heatwave, Ratcatcher, Ultra Humanite

Lucius Fox, Vigilante, Talon

Check out my Flickr for more!

Beautiful figures across the board. Wow. Whose legs are those on Stargirl?

19 hours ago, Silent Nomad said:

I thought that version of Wolverine already had brown hands.  Why'd you give him the other ones?

10 hours ago, hiroki said:

The original one had Dark Brown hips and gloves. The Catman's brown is more of a Reddish Brown color.

9 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Heh. I had swapped out the legs and put Wolverine back on my display shelf without noticing the hand color :P I'm fixing it now, though.

Also on the topic of OG Wolvie, I've seen someone use a brown epaulette to top off the look.

5 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

The new Lego City Fun at the Beach set was revealed and has blue and yellow dual molded legs and even better... red and yellow dual molded legs. Perfect for the new Mighty Micros comic style Iron Man and the Flash. :drool: :excited: :thumbup:

Sorry to have to be that guy, but can we please get some pictures or sources or something?

1 hour ago, raminator said:

also...if you look carefully you can spot on the box that there's a green/yellow pair of legs ;)

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

Iron fist?

Gordanians, Dr. Octopus, etc, and depending on the exact colors, there's plenty more where that came from. 

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Beautiful figures across the board. Wow. Whose legs are those on Stargirl?

Also on the topic of OG Wolvie, I've seen someone use a brown epaulette to top off the look.

Sorry to have to be that guy, but can we please get some pictures or sources or something?

Gordanians, Dr. Octopus, etc, and depending on the exact colors, there's plenty more where that came from. 

Finn

Wow. The kayak won't be as useful as the wheelchair (especially not in Super Heroes :laugh:), but that looks close to as good as the Park set this past year! Hopefully the green legs are the same as the blue/red, without any printing or anything. Not that I have Iron Fist to give them to, anyways... :sceptic:

The dual molded legs do look useful, but I wouldn't get too excited about the green legs yet; they could be the same bright-green/yellow legs that Doc Ock got, and those ones don't match the (regular) green that Iron Fist uses.

16 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

Finn the Human

15 hours ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

Finn

Thanks for the information, guys.

15 hours ago, LegoMcBoss_2004 said:

[Picture]

Thank you for the picture.

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Also the blue/yellow boots will be lovely for a Doctor Fate figure :blush:

That's exactly what I was thinking!
EDIT: Plus, Classic Thor, X-Men, Nova, Power Man, and arguaby Thanos! 

5 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Wow. The kayak won't be as useful as the wheelchair (especially not in Super Heroes :laugh:), but that looks close to as good as the Park set this past year! Hopefully the green legs are the same as the blue/red, without any printing or anything. Not that I have Iron Fist to give them to, anyways... :sceptic:

Look, down that river! It's a salmon! It's a shark! It's Kayak Man! :head_back:

I too, hope those legs are unprinted.

3 hours ago, raminator said:

yeah. lots of possibilities here :)

You said it!

Shazam, Flash (FINALLY!) Firestorm,

3 hours ago, N_Cat said:

The dual molded legs do look useful, but I wouldn't get too excited about the green legs yet; they could be the same bright-green/yellow legs that Doc Ock got, and those ones don't match the (regular) green that Iron Fist uses.

I sure hope that they're not . . .

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Does that shirtless torso have chest hair printing on it? If not it could be useful for a Luke Cage fig in conjunction with the arms with the recent Pizza Scarecrow figure. 

2 hours ago, The Lego Nolan said:

Does that shirtless torso have chest hair printing on it? If not it could be useful for a Luke Cage fig in conjunction with the arms with the recent Pizza Scarecrow figure. 

Could you not use this?

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1774c01&idColor=3#T=C&C=3

Edited by LegoMcBoss_2004

3 hours ago, The Lego Nolan said:

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/70910?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

Scarecrow arms could work if your trying for Frankenstein Luke Cage, but otherwise the patches and red stripe takes away the possibility

What a great ideas. Loving dual molded legs! Thor will have his boots and i will try to make a classic power man as well. And those legs for Iron Man woohoooo!

On 2/1/2017 at 6:47 PM, LegoMcBoss_2004 said:

I want to use the new torso because it has less detail which allows it to look more like a regular tshirt

On 2/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/70910?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

Scarecrow arms could work if your trying for Frankenstein Luke Cage, but otherwise the patches and red stripe takes away the possibility

I myself plan to brasso the print off the arms, but if one were to have it straightforward in a display it may be less noticeable. 

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but some of these I've posted on Flickr quite a while ago, so they might be old news to some.

First up, I finally threw together a power-armor Lex. I nabbed the torso off of Bricklink a while ago, and have been meaning to put it to use. Not sure if I like the legs more here or on Hawkeye, though...

32625770141_34dd661755.jpg

32625835041_4aa706191c.jpg

Harley, Ivy, and Ed have all been upgraded (AKA I used most of the outfits from TLBM and kept the older, more comic-accurate (IMO) heads/hairs/hat)

32610349286_f5f1c25de8.jpg

Aaand Kraven, updated with Cave-Bats's arms and some forest-trooper legs from a Star Wars battle pack. (And Nizam's head from Prince of Persia, but I swapped that out instantly.)

32271625800_e628698a8f.jpg

Spidermana, could you please make another pic of Kraven using the cave-bat arms from an other angle? Might want to steal that idea :-)

Been awhile. I think it was around page 25 that I last contributed to this most excellent thread. Big ups to all those who've kept it going over the years. Anyway, here are some attempts at making a Toyman:

My BtAS version:

nChGwPH.jpg

A "creative" version, using some movie parts:

CSIYEvE.jpg

Edited by Repeter

The heads are all photoshop, Penguins hair isn't real either, but Alfred's torso is from a promo polybag of a balloon stand, and Bullocks is from The Lego Movie robot from the Cloud Cuckoo Land set. As for the others I'm not sure.

Just made Crime-Master using Zodiac Master's head, The Eraser's torso and legs, and Western Emmet's cowboy hat. Threw in a 60s style Spider-Man as well. :)

Amazing Spider-Man - Purist Figures

On 09/02/2017 at 10:15 AM, The Pearson said:

Can someone more experienced with purist minifigs help me out here? I'm trying to make the minifigs in this poster for Gotham but I'm not sure if all the heads and torsos exist. I know Ivy is the official one and Gordon's torso is J. Jonah Jameson's but that is all I know.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCComics/status/828698574766632961/photo/2

I think that you can get all of those torsos except Ed and Bruce.

Made a JPV Azrael, Black Canary and Robin (and a Non-Purist Question that should be ignored)

DC Figbarf 23

Also made an unmasked variant as well as a Michael Lane figure

DC Figbarf 24- angels of Death

What do you guys think?

(Took the belt off of ML since the picture though)

Edited by Duncan Young

Duncan Young, love that Azreal. Great use of the Hyperion legs (which I happen to have an extra set of...zoink, stealing this idea!!).