sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

5 hours ago, N_Cat said:

While it won't change the lighting, do you have larger images somewhere? I can't quite make out most of the figures you're talking about in these small embedded versions of the photos, and I'm curious about your Kamala, Spider-Gwen, etc.  The ones I can see look good, though!

Let me post closeups of the actual customs later. I really wanted to give tribute to all the great ideas I have gotten from this site over the past year or so, because you will see how many of them are in full effect.

12 hours ago, N_Cat said:

While it won't change the lighting, do you have larger images somewhere? I can't quite make out most of the figures you're talking about in these small embedded versions of the photos, and I'm curious about your Kamala, Spider-Gwen, etc.  The ones I can see look good, though!

I have posted closeups of almost all of my customs on my  - but the lighting in the room is still an issue. There are some tweaks to figures I had posted before because I got a whole bunch of new heads and some other new parts - e.g. Colossus and Gambit have new and better legs, all the females have female heads instead of neutral male ones. 

31670581642_3e165b25e5_c.jpg

Here's Kamala, which I think looks decent, as well as Wasp which is a Eurobricks Forums inspiration (EBF) and my Lady Sif, which I quite like. 

(I'm having issues with multiple images in this post, so I may have multiple separate posts, sorry for the spam!

31780292326_c037d5763c_c.jpg

My Netflix Defenders (Iron Fist and Luke Cage from tLG not shown) are a great example of how influential EBF has been in making these. Punisher's was posted waaay early on in this thread, Elektra is somewhere in the middle, and many iterations of Jessica Jones with that torso exist - I even saw the boots here recently. I tried to make Hellcat in Bright Light Orange like in the comics, but the torso is really hard. The Netflix Daredevil is my own, and I have posted it here before, and I like it.

31008016793_ebcd08f886_z.jpg

Here's Spider-Gwen. She's borrowing my Taskmaster's white hood because I only have one. I can't take credit for this, pretty sure I found it on EBF! Agent Venom is waiting for a V-Wing pilot face, which I think will work better. Spider-Woman/Carnage Queen Mary Jane is loosely based on her appearance in the USM cartoon.

31780291296_5c36b412ae_z.jpg

I make villains exclusively in yellow, and mostly for my kids, so they aren't as good. But check out Enchantress, Bullseye, and Nobu. (Absorbing Man, Iron Monger, Bullseye, Whiplash, Grant Ward, Klaw, Batroc, Enchantress, Nobu, Malekith, Kurse, Laufey)

31008015693_bd8543e8f0.jpg

The X-Men villains are a little better. I like my Juggernaut even though he resemble the terrible Vinnie Jones version in X-Men 3. Mystique, Pyro, and Sabretooth are among my favorites. (Silver Samurai, Sauron, Toad, and Omega Red in the back)

31780290516_bf42295113.jpg

I think Mysterio and Lizard are decent. You can tell I have a LOT of Chima parts to use!

The flickr album also has closups of the new parts for the Agents of SHIELD and the X-Men. I can post them if anyone is interested, or you can see them at that website.

Edit: I look forward to comments and ideas!

Edited by linnormlord

8 hours ago, linnormlord said:

My Netflix Defenders (Iron Fist and Luke Cage from tLG not shown) are a great example of how influential EBF has been in making these. Punisher's was posted waaay early on in this thread, Elektra is somewhere in the middle, and many iterations of Jessica Jones with that torso exist - I even saw the boots here recently. I tried to make Hellcat in Bright Light Orange like in the comics, but the torso is really hard. The Netflix Daredevil is my own, and I have posted it here before, and I like it.

Here's Spider-Gwen. She's borrowing my Taskmaster's white hood because I only have one. I can't take credit for this, pretty sure I found it on EBF! Agent Venom is waiting for a V-Wing pilot face, which I think will work better. Spider-Woman/Carnage Queen Mary Jane is loosely based on her appearance in the USM cartoon.

I make villains exclusively in yellow, and mostly for my kids, so they aren't as good. But check out Enchantress, Bullseye, and Nobu. (Absorbing Man, Iron Monger, Bullseye, Whiplash, Grant Ward, Klaw, Batroc, Enchantress, Nobu, Malekith, Kurse, Laufey)

The X-Men villains are a little better. I like my Juggernaut even though he resemble the terrible Vinnie Jones version in X-Men 3. Mystique, Pyro, and Sabretooth are among my favorites. (Silver Samurai, Sauron, Toad, and Omega Red in the back)

I think Mysterio and Lizard are decent. You can tell I have a LOT of Chima parts to use!

The flickr album also has closups of the new parts for the Agents of SHIELD and the X-Men. I can post them if anyone is interested, or you can see them at that website.

Edit: I look forward to comments and ideas!

That Spider-Gwen is genius

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

Any ideas for a purist detective chimp?

I'm thinking of using the CMF sherlock holmes pieces, with the gorilla head... but I was wondering if there are any monkey heads (maybe from Chima, idk?) that I could use so I can put the detectives hat on him.

11 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

That Spider-Gwen is genius

Thanks! But like I said, it wasn't my design. I found it and copied it! All credit to the original! The head is actually Asajj Ventress backwards!

Semi-purist: (just quick photoshop) 

Just looking for some feedback, does anyone think this would possibly work for a Ra's Al Ghul head? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

31130628974_a5a82260c7_o.jpg

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Here's my Red Tornado (quite a few creative liberties here though)

That's definitely the best Red Tornado I've seen yet!! 

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

On 12/29/2016 at 8:01 PM, Mr Greeble said:

Semi-purist: (just quick photoshop) 

Just looking for some feedback, does anyone think this would possibly work for a Ra's Al Ghul head? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Yeah Totally

16 hours ago, Barnes said:

I don't know if anyone has done his yet but I upgraded my Captain America Civil War Bucky Barnes with the spy's legs from the Collectibe Minifig Series. Here is a picture of the figure with it's upgraded legs.

P.S. Does anybody have any good ideas of heads to use for a masked winter soldier. I personally don't like the official figure so I'm not willing to buy the whole figure just for the head.

Use the Ninjago bandana piece in black over a face you like.  It's cheap and compatible with the proper hair piece. It's what I did until I got the polybag at a good price.

4 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Use the Ninjago bandana piece in black over a face you like.  It's cheap and compatible with the proper hair piece. It's what I did until I got the polybag at a good price.

Thanks for the advice but I think I'll stick to a more comic version of the Winter Soldier like this for now. 

I also came up with a Bucky Barnes before the accident that made him the winter soldier and it is based on his appearance in CA:First Avenger.

This hair in dark brown

This head like always

This torso configuration 

And these legs.

Edited by Barnes

Okay, didn't realize which of his masks you were talking about. Really, you can't beat the polybag for comic accuracy; the prints are designed to match Winter Soldier's initial comic appearance in the Brubaker run.

But if you're not going to get that figure, I'd recommend the recent Nightwing head, from the  DVD polybag; it has the more accurate eye color over the older red Nightwing figure.

Also, this one's totally up to you, but if you're going for max comics accuracy and simultaneously NOT the first appearance version, you could use a different hair piece; in the comics, Bucky got a haircut pretty much immediately after the introductory arc to a more military cut.

Edit:

There are still more options for the domino mask if you want something slightly less angular than Nightwing; I think this Robin head has an expression serious enough for a comic Winter Soldier.

Edited by N_Cat

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Well I do want the bottom face mask but I'll end up using an EclipseGrafX balaclava head for that. I like the red nightwing head on the winter soldier because it really complements the star on his arm and produces an overall menacing vibe. Thanks for all the advice though!

Edited by Barnes

3 hours ago, Barnes said:

Well I do want the bottom face mask but I'll end up using an EclipseGrafX balaclava head for that. I like the red nightwing head on the winter soldier because it really complements the star on his arm and produces an overall menacing vibe. Thanks for all the advice though!

Soo... on your Winter Soldier you don't want to be purist on the mask, and don't want any suggestions on the head, but posted in the purist thread asking for suggestions how to achieve the mask and head in a purist fashion? :sceptic:

Anyway, on your purist Bucky, I think the head and hair combo is fantastic (If you were making comics Winter Soldier, that's probably the right hair for him, too).  Thorin's torso definitely works, though personally, I like the Anakin snow torso, or the Lone Ranger cavalry torso for Bucky, just because they look a little more modern and a bit more militant. The pants work, too, though going off the images I can find, his pants and boots both were brown in The First Avenger during the time he was wearing that jacket, so if I were making him I'd probably just go for plain brown. 

2 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Well I wanted a good purist alternative (if possible) to the official masked head but after I asked for advice on the head I found the balaclava head so I'll use that now. I did want a purist solution but I'm not that strict on keeping it purist so I'll just edit out me asking for help. I do agree that anakin's snow torso would look amazing for a purist version.

Edited by Barnes