sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

27 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

That's a shame, still I'd be more than happy to keep my Catman together :classic:

Haha same, he is a really awesome looking figure. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, micksandals said:

Has anyone attempted to create any of the Marvel/DC Amalgam characters?

Is there any you'd like to see? I can try and mix some up later

5 hours ago, micksandals said:

Has anyone attempted to create any of the Marvel/DC Amalgam characters?

i made super soldier since he seemed easy to make. i took the captain america figure from 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra, replaced his hip piece with a red one, and gave him mr. incredible's hair piece and flesh colored hands.

the hair piece isn't great but i can't think of any others that'd work better for him, and sadly there's not really a way to do his shield so he winds up just sort of looking like captain america but with a mask that exposes his hair.

It's been a while! (I have been in here before--I couldn't seem to log into my old account when the forums switched servers, so I ended up making a new one. My user name was JasonTJ I think? Something like that :P Anyways, I finally got around to playing Arkham Knight...

31194967405_3850f3fd3c_c.jpg

Scarecrow was rather thrown together as I just got that set, but I'm fond of the result. Bane was based loosely off of someone else's I saw in here (basically the use of those legs.) I had wanted a comic-y Bane that didn't have a plunging neckline per the Lego 'figs, so the mix of luchador and military tactical works well for me.

Man-Bat I revisited because while Scarecrow is the main villain in the game... The worst jump-scare for me was when Man-Bat showed up the first time. He was a lot cooler than I'd realized, and I think a big part of that was just how basic his minifigure was. So I decided to try making him a bit more animalistic.

In other news, I made a few Young Justice additions since watching Season 2, and I guess I've not posted those here, so.

31080856881_f3b31c8004_c.jpg

As for Miss Martian, I would have preferred Lady Liberty's head, but that's too expensive for the time being. And as soon as I posted the picture I realized I now have olive green hands from the Hulk Polybag, so she's received those to match her skin-tone unless I swap the head out.

19 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Is there any you'd like to see? I can try and mix some up later

15 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

i made super soldier since he seemed easy to make. i took the captain america figure from 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra, replaced his hip piece with a red one, and gave him mr. incredible's hair piece and flesh colored hands.

the hair piece isn't great but i can't think of any others that'd work better for him, and sadly there's not really a way to do his shield so he winds up just sort of looking like captain america but with a mask that exposes his hair.

Super Soldier (Cap x Superman), Dark Claw (Wolverine x Batman) and Spider-Boy (Spider-Man x Superboy) are the obvious ones given that there are figures for all of those characters. 

Now that I've posted that Bane... Anyone have any build ideas for adding his toxin in some sort of backpack that doesn't look like a blender? I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but.

Have you seen the Dimensions version of it? It that doesn't float your boat maybe a quick Google search might bring something up :)

22 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Now that I've posted that Bane... Anyone have any build ideas for adding his toxin in some sort of backpack that doesn't look like a blender? I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but.

I'm using a 1x1 with studs on all sides, fitted with trans-lime-green studs on the four vertical sides, and the LD pressure gauge on the back.

On 11/27/2016 at 3:54 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

Have you seen the Dimensions version of it? It that doesn't float your boat maybe a quick Google search might bring something up :)

That's the one I was calling a blender ?

13 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I'm using a 1x1 with studs on all sides, fitted with trans-lime-green studs on the four vertical sides, and the LD pressure gauge on the back.

Hm. I'll just have to mess around with some things. I may just leave him backpack-less, so long as I don't have a bigfig for him to bulk up into, anyways. 

4 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

That's the one I was calling a blender ?

Hm. I'll just have to mess around with some things. I may just leave him backpack-less, so long as I don't have a bigfig for him to bulk up into, anyways. 

17 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

On 11/27/2016 at 4:54 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

On 11/27/2016 at 0:09 AM, SpiderMana said:

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I made this version which I think works pretty good for bulking Bane up a little bit, and looks better than the "blender" version, to boot.

I don't have any shots of what it looks like from the back, but it's made by connecting the middle stud of a black 1x2 plate onto a black back stud neck bracket, attaching two black modified 1x1 "clip light" plates, with the 'rings' facing vertically to the back of that, covering those two studs with a black 1x2 tile, and then, attaching four trans neon-green round 1x1 open stud bricks onto each of the exposed 'rings' on the 1x1 clip light plates, and then covering the tops of the four trans neon-green round 1x1 open stud bricks with four corresponding flat silver 1x1 round tiles.

If that sounds confusing, it looks something like this. :)

All I ask of you if you do use that design, and post it someplace, just credit me and/or link back to the Flickr post where you got it from. Thanks.

Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

40 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Another Flash rogue today- the James Jesse Trickster

Nice job, but I feel like that suit is inherently Walker-like. Jesse was more chaotic in his costume, and he also had blonde hair. :)

8 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Nice job, but I feel like that suit is inherently Walker-like. Jesse was more chaotic in his costume, and he also had blonde hair. :)

Thanks. A lot of the time I choose designs that look good to me but are not too accurate to the source material 

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Thanks. A lot of the time I choose designs that look good to me but are not too accurate to the source material 

It's funny that you say that because I feel like the vast majority of your designs are disturbingly accurate in regards to the source material, and this is coming from a hardcore collector, so . . .

Just now, TheBigRedCheese said:

It's funny that you say that because I feel like the vast majority of your designs are disturbingly accurate in regards to the source material, and this is coming from a hardcore collector, so . . .

Oh, well thank you very much :blush:

1 minute ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

You're very welcome! While I have your attention, did you happen to update your Godspeed?

I haven't been able to acquire the boots yet. However I did give him lighting pieces as accessories and the regular motorcycle helmet for a more Flash-like appearance :classic:

Just now, Duncan Young said:

I haven't been able to acquire the boots yet. However I did give him lighting pieces as accessories and the regular motorcycle helmet for a more Flash-like appearance :classic:

:excited: I can't wait to see that! I'd wait for the boots before posting though because they'll really be the icing on the cake!

Just now, TheBigRedCheese said:

:excited: I can't wait to see that! I'd wait for the boots before posting though because they'll really be the icing on the cake!

Definitely, those boots are perfect! Thanks again :classic:

On 11/29/2016 at 5:17 PM, Duncan Young said:

Definitely, those boots are perfect! Thanks again :classic:

It's no problem! In other news, I figured out a good way to make uber classic James Jesse Trickster!

CMF Dog Show Winner's Hair (or the BVS variant in a blondish color), Robin '66 face, the back of Ringo's torso with yellow arms and flesh hands, Axel Walker's hips, ironically enough, and the new city scuba diver's red striped legs, with blue 1x1 modified tooth plates beneath for his air shoes. :)

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Forgot some parts. :P

On 11/22/2016 at 1:08 AM, batwoman99 said:

fantastic stuff! where does the robotic arm you used for barrage come from?

Thanks! I believe that's from the CMF Space Villain from a few waves back!