sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

18 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

You've got some very nice figures there.  I've not been keeping up with most of DC lately, so I can't claim familiarity with the characters, but Godspeed at least is spot on.  Nice job!

I couldn't find the JL of Earth 34; the DC wiki claims that Post-Crisis that was a world called "Amazonia", and Wikipedia says that in New 52 that's a world where JL parodies live.  In which multiverse or what media did it have evil versions of the characters? Your figures are nearly always fantastic, and when it's someone I don't recognize, I always love to see the original characters for comparison.

Thanks, didn't know there was an existing Earth 34- just made an alternate version of the JL though that's cool :classic:

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Thanks, didn't know there was an existing Earth 34- just made an alternate version of the JL though that's cool

Oh, okay, very cool then, something original.  Is this version of Aquaman part frog? It feels fitting given that frogs are amphibious and Aquaman is also amphibious.

3 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Oh, okay, very cool then, something original.  Is this version of Aquaman part frog? It feels fitting given that frogs are amphibious and Aquaman is also amphibious.

Not originally but that sounds like a neat idea! :) 

4 hours ago, mr_witchhunter said:

I made a combined version of Malekith the Accursed which is based on both - the MCU-appearance and his image in comics.

Malekith the Accursed by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

I think you captured the essence rather well. Nice one

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

On 11/1/2016 at 10:53 AM, mr_witchhunter said:

TheBigRedCheese, here's my old DD:

DD 0.5 by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing, he looks great! 

On 11/1/2016 at 4:48 PM, Duncan Young said:

I know, I know "Another Firefly?!" 

Here he is based of Arkham Origins with a Garfield Lynns fig too

That's a really nice design, and given the number of costumes that man has been through, "Another Firefly?!", is not a valid complaint. You do you! :D 

On 11/1/2016 at 9:24 PM, Biggus_Brickus said:

For MCU Wong I recommend the Cmf 13 Samirai torso w/ purple arms. I'd also use the original flesh hagrid head.

On Lego Batman News, I thought of a combo for Mr.Freeze.  Helmet: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x168&idColor=10&name=Dark Gray Minifig, Headgear Helmet Underwater with Hose&category=[Minifig, Headgear]#T=C&C=10
Visor: light trans blue
Head: The lego Batman Movie one
Armor: Armored batman
Torso: Ultron Sentry
Legs: Armored Batman

From what I can visualize in my head, this looks great! I am a bit confused, though: When you say "Armored Batman", you do mean the DCCU one, right?  

On 11/2/2016 at 9:38 AM, Thebeeze111 said:

Don't believe I posted this before. This is an Elektra I made for a Daredevil MOC based on Season 2 of the Netflix Series. 

Not really a big fan of the freckles, but the rest looks amazing, especially that old-school ninja torso! :O

On 11/3/2016 at 0:52 PM, Duncan Young said:

I'm definitely using Spartan Bat parts for Ares and Mighty Micros Moth's helmet for silver-age Firefly (Garfield Lynns) :classic:

What do you mean by "Spartan Bat"?
That Firefly seems like a great idea! :D

On 11/5/2016 at 0:40 PM, Duncan Young said:

Got a few more; Lucius Fox, Mad Hatter, Azrael, Atom

Lucius Fox: Nice! You really captured him! :D
Mad Hatter: Like your Vandal Savage, he's not quite
Azrael: Stunning, just stunning.
Atom: Pretty basic, but beautiful all the same. Nice usage of that Senate Commando Captain torso. :)

On 11/5/2016 at 5:52 PM, Duncan Young said:

And finally Godspeed :classic:

Wow. Just wow. The only thing I could recommend is to try squeezing more yellow into the torso, (I'm not sure you can via purism, but just see), and perhaps more importantly: Use Donald Duck's boots at any and all costs! In any case, the figure is spot on and absolutely beautiful. :)

On 11/5/2016 at 3:33 PM, Duncan Young said:

For something different here is my own JL from earth 34- What do you guys think? :classic:

On 11/5/2016 at 9:37 PM, N_Cat said:

You've got some very nice figures there.  I've not been keeping up with most of DC lately, so I can't claim familiarity with the characters, but Godspeed at least is spot on.  Nice job!

I couldn't find the JL of Earth 34; the DC wiki claims that Post-Crisis that was a world called "Amazonia", and Wikipedia says that in New 52 that's a world where JL parodies live.  In which multiverse or what media did it have evil versions of the characters? Your figures are nearly always fantastic, and when it's someone I don't recognize, I always love to see the original characters for comparison. 

On 11/5/2016 at 9:57 PM, Duncan Young said:

Thanks, didn't know there was an existing Earth 34- just made an alternate version of the JL though that's cool :classic:

FYI, DC apparently makes a distinction between "Earth-34" and "Earth 34". :wacko: *huh* :hmpf_bad: :ugh: :facepalm: :wall: :hmpf: :enough: :sceptic:  

In any case Duncan, these are great figures, no matter what Earth they come from. :snicker:

N_Cat: The evil "mirror" universe is generally agreed to be Earth 3, at least Pre-Crisis. It varies in interpretation, but the most common idea is that everything is "reversed". According to Wikipedia: "Christopher Columbus was American and discovered Europe; England (a colony of America) won freedom in a reversed form of the Revolutionary War (with George Washington surrendering his sword to Charles Cornwallis) in 1774; President John Wilkes Booth was assassinated by actor Abraham Lincoln." Also, according to the JLA: Earth 2 comic book, (which only takes place there because it had to be Post-Crisis), "People have hearts on the right side of their bodies, and American money bears the face of Benedict Arnold, along with the slogan "In Mammon We Trust"." Also, Earth-Three was/is/??? home to an analogue to the Justice League, the Crime Syndicate of America. Hope that helps! :D  

On 11/6/2016 at 4:05 AM, mr_witchhunter said:

I made a combined version of Malekith the Accursed which is based on both - the MCU-appearance and his image in comics.

Malekith the Accursed by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

Nice job! He looks more comic than movie here, at least to me, but he is awesome nonetheless! Happy building, and keep up the awesome work!

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

16 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Thanks for sharing, he looks great! 

That's a really nice design, and given the number of costumes that man has been through, "Another Firefly?!", is not a valid complaint. You do you! :D 

From what I can visualize in my head, this looks great! I am a bit confused, though: When you say "Armored Batman", you do mean the DCCU one, right?  

Not really a big fan of the freckles, but the rest looks amazing, especially that old-school ninja torso! :O

What do you mean by "Spartan Bat"?
That Firefly seems like a great idea! :D

Lucius Fox: Nice! You really captured him! :D
Mad Hatter: Like your Vandal Savage, he's not quite
Azrael: Stunning, just stunning.
Atom: Pretty basic, but beautiful all the same. Nice usage of that Senate Commando Captain torso. :)

Wow. Just wow. The only thing I could recommend is to try squeezing more yellow into the torso, (I'm not sure you can via purism, but just see), and perhaps more importantly: Use Donald Duck's boots at any and all costs! In any case, the figure is spot on and absolutely beautiful. :)

FYI, DC apparently makes a distinction between "Earth-34" and "Earth 34". :wacko: *huh* :hmpf_bad: :ugh: :facepalm: :wall: :hmpf: :enough: :sceptic:  

In any case Duncan, these are great figures, no matter what Earth they come from. :snicker:

N_Cat: The evil "mirror" universe is generally agreed to be Earth 3, at least Pre-Crisis. It varies in interpretation, but the most common idea is that everything is "reversed". According to Wikipedia: "Christopher Columbus was American and discovered Europe; England (a colony of America) won freedom in a reversed form of the Revolutionary War (with George Washington surrendering his sword to Charles Cornwallis) in 1774; President John Wilkes Booth was assassinated by actor Abraham Lincoln." Also, according to the JLA: Earth 2 comic book, (which only takes place there because it had to be Post-Crisis), "Peohttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA:_Earth_2ple have hearts on the right side of their bodies, and American money bears the face of Benedict Arnold, along with the slogan "In Mammon We Trust"." Also, Earth-Three was/is/??? home to an analogue to the Justice League, the Crime Syndicate of America. Hope that helps! :D  

Nice job! He looks more comic than movie here, at least to me, but he is awesome nonetheless! Happy building, and keep up the awesome work!

Thanks again Cheese! :blush:. The Spartan-Bat refers to an all black Batman styled version of this guy who was in the leaked CMF series picture- http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan_Warrior?file=SP!SPAR.jpg 

As for the DD boots I completely forgot about them! I'll need to get my hands on a pair at once! 

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks again Cheese! :blush:. The Spartan-Bat refers to an all black Batman styled version of this guy who was in the leaked CMF series picture- http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan_Warrior?file=SP!SPAR.jpg 

As for the DD boots I completely forgot about them! I'll need to get my hands on a pair at once! 

What leaked CMF picture?

9 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Yep

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

What leaked stuff are you referring to?

there have been some leaks for sets based on the lego batman movie, including a CMF series. 

this is what BrickLeaks posted, saying that they're calendar man and kite man. They're generally a reliable source, so hopefully this is true. 

I think calendar man's body might make a good deadman

1D24D5E7-431C-4A6D-8C77-8ED5D7B4BA11-4509-00000437251F3A16_tmp.png

11 hours ago, Biggus_Brickus said:

Oh By the way the leaked CMF Calander Man head would be great for daredevil

10 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

there have been some leaks for sets based on the lego batman movie, including a CMF series. 

this is what BrickLeaks posted, saying that they're calendar man and kite man. They're generally a reliable source, so hopefully this is true. 

Hmm, his mask is pretty good, but I don't think the unsure-of-himself expression is a great match for Daredevil, who usually alternates between cocky and stoic.  Do we know if Calendar Man will have an alternate expression yet? If he does, it could be a better match for DD, but it would also mean we'll need to cover the back of his head.

Finally found an extra pair of legs from the CMS 15 Farmer for Jessica Jones:

y5wjMr8.jpg

Edited by hiroki
adding photo

On 10/31/2016 at 9:14 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

"After looking into it a bit, I guess Mento isn't that prominent a Doom Patrol member after all." > I didn't recognize his name before, so that makes sense.

"I checked out the new Doom Patrol comic and I think I'm gonna try for some of those versions of the Doom Patrol as the team develops." > Go for it! Good luck!

"I definitely wanna finish up my Post-Crisis lineup, with just Robotman and a good head for Elasti-Girl away." > I hope that works out, and I can't wait to see how that turns out. Pictures, please!! :)

"It'd be nice to get Bumblebee in on that, too, but she can be really tough to nail." > I always thought that Bumblebee was more Titans West than Doom Patrol, seeing as her DP membership, although Post-Crisis, was still pretty short-lived. That said, I don't think she's that hard to do. She can be made with a mix of Sinestro and Savage Oppress parts, kind of like the popular versions of Marvel's Wasp that are floating around Flickr, or the actual bee suit CMF mixed with the cheetah suit girl arms for details (they're both bright light orange), topped off with one of the two or so female African-American faces we have and Princess Leia's classic dual bun hair. Plus, we even have the official DC Superhero Girls version that's coming out soon, so there's no excuse. :P

"I'm not even gonna bother with Ambush Bug lol." AMBUSH BUG WAS ON THE DOOM PATROL?! WHAT DID I MISS?! *Clears throat* Ahem. Sorry. In any case, WHY THE (INSERT CHOICE EXPLETIVE HERE) NOT?! Come on, man! Toy Story's Twitch, the Galaxy Squad whoshewhatsits and the new Killer Moth mask, give you no excuse to at least not try to make Ambush Bug! Especially because Argh!Yle! can be done with the sock tile, and that must be, hands down, the easiest purist superhero custom ever.

Whatever you decide to build, I'm sure it'll look amazing. I look forward to seeing it either here or on Flickr, whichever comes first. Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese  

I see Bumblebee as more of a Titans character, too, but she and Ambush Bug were on the Doom Patrol at some point together. I'm mostly going off of the Doom Patrol entry in DC's 2011 Ultimate Character Guide for the Post-Crisis team. I didn't expect so much passion from my decision to skip Ambush Bug! I'm only doing it because I don't think there's a way to do him that'll suit me at the moment, especially with my limited collection (from your list of suggested figures, I just have one "Galaxy Squad whoshewhatsit" in an olive green that I don't really like for him. You and the realization that he wears a shirt and pants during his Doom Patrol time have certainly convinced me to reconsider that decision, though! :grin:

3 hours ago, hiroki said:

Love it! Put those legs on my BL wishlist to update my JJ fig. too.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:05 PM, Airbenderfreak said:

My BvS Mercy Graves design.

Hair: Black bob cut.

Head: Amy's from TBBT set.

Torso: Juno Eclipse.

Legs: Scarlet Witch.

Inspired by this, I made my own BVS Mercy.
Created with Mecabricks, this figure is not entirely physically possible (the Indy satchel/purse doesn't come in black - yet, I hope!)  and is made with the black bob cut, Harley Quinn's face, Clara Oswald's torso with white arms, or Sharon Carter's torso with flesh arms, depending on which scene we're talking about, (her first appearance with Lex and the Senator, or when she's leading the military guys and that crate) and Scarlet Witch's skirt. 

On 11/7/2016 at 0:55 AM, batwoman99 said:

Thanks for the information and the clarification. I'm tentatively agreeing in regards to your Deadman idea, but I'm going to reserve final judgement until we have confirmation, production, and actual distribution of the Calendar Man figure, if it's real.

On 11/7/2016 at 9:55 AM, autorazr said:

Booster and Skeets

So great to see you over here again, autorazr, and with an AMAZING Booster Gold and Skeets to boot! :O Color me impressed! I must know, where is Booster's armor from?

On 11/7/2016 at 11:14 AM, N_Cat said:

Hmm, his mask is pretty good, but I don't think the unsure-of-himself expression is a great match for Daredevil, who usually alternates between cocky and stoic.  Do we know if Calendar Man will have an alternate expression yet? If he does, it could be a better match for DD, but it would also mean we'll need to cover the back of his head.

I second what I said to batwoman99: "I'm going to reserve final judgement until we have confirmation, production, and actual distribution of the Calendar Man figure, if it's real.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:22 PM, hiroki said:

Glad you were able to replace the medium azure pants! :D She looks beautiful now! 

On 11/7/2016 at 2:36 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I see Bumblebee as more of a Titans character, too, but she and Ambush Bug were on the Doom Patrol at some point together. I'm mostly going off of the Doom Patrol entry in DC's 2011 Ultimate Character Guide for the Post-Crisis team. I didn't expect so much passion from my decision to skip Ambush Bug! I'm only doing it because I don't think there's a way to do him that'll suit me at the moment, especially with my limited collection (from your list of suggested figures, I just have one "Galaxy Squad whoshewhatsit" in an olive green that I don't really like for him. You and the realization that he wears a shirt and pants during his Doom Patrol time have certainly convinced me to reconsider that decision, though! :grin:

I knew I was behind in my comic reading, but I didn't know that it'd gotten to the point where Ambush Bug changed his costume and joined the Doom Patrol. Things are far worse than I feared. :distressed:

I hope you can make an awesome looking Ambush Bug that meets your own personal standards, and looks great, too! 

Good luck, and happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

On 11/7/2016 at 4:53 PM, linnormlord said:

Love it! Put those legs on my BL wishlist to update my JJ fig. too.

Me three!

Edited by TheBigRedCheese
Attachment space management - :(

Thanks Cheese. I got like 50 more I havent had time to photograph, some really good ones I think.  I got into resin casting and making my own toys a few months ago so I've been so slammed for time, but was so proud of booster I wanted to get him out there.  I beleive his armor is from a Chima Scorpion guy, found it on bricklik while browsing and it looked perfect.  Previously I had been using a bright orange one from Toxica, this is so much better.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:22 PM, hiroki said:

I'm so making this in yellow, great job, the pants perfectly emulate her boots in the show. 

Edited by autorazr

Love that Joker, great compliment to Leto in Suicide Squad! What head does Doctor Alchemy use?

9 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Love that Joker, great compliment to Leto in Suicide Squad! What head does Doctor Alchemy use?

Thanks, Alchemy uses the back of the 2015 Hydra goon head :classic:

11 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks, Alchemy uses the back of the 2015 Hydra goon head :classic:

KNEW I recognised it from somewhere :classic:

On 11/9/2016 at 8:45 AM, autorazr said:

Thanks Cheese. I got like 50 more I havent had time to photograph, some really good ones I think.  I got into resin casting and making my own toys a few months ago so I've been so slammed for time, but was so proud of booster I wanted to get him out there.  I beleive his armor is from a Chima Scorpion guy, found it on bricklik while browsing and it looked perfect.  Previously I had been using a bright orange one from Toxica, this is so much better. 

I can't wait to see all of your new figures! :O
Also, if you use that resin casting technique with Lego, you should create your own topic in the Minifig Customiation Workshop forum and post them there! I'm sure that people would love to see them! :D 

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Here are a couple more- N52 Superman, Alchemy, Firefly, Scarecrow, Steve Trevor, Joker :classic:

N52 Superman: He looks great, but why the sleeves? They don't really seem to jive with the N52 all that well.

Alchemy: I am very confused about this character (I don't know much of anything about him, and there are like six versions of him! :wacko: *huh* :hmpf_bad: :ugh: :facepalm: :wall: :hmpf: :enough: :sceptic: )
In any case, nice figure!

Firefly: Another one?! I'm kidding, he looks awesome! :grin: :tongue:

Scarecrow: Looking amazing! I wish we had that scythe handle in trans-yellow, but this will have to do for now.

Steve Trevor: This looks good for a DCEU Steve. Personally, I prefer classic Steve. Either way, nice figure! 

Joker: I'd ask "Why the tux?" but he's the Joker, so there doesn't need to be one. :tongue:
Nice combos!