sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

5 minutes ago, linnormlord said:

I would love to see pictures of Wong and Kaecillius (with appropriate head?) for emulation purposes. Thanks in advance!

As would I! I don't think that any "appropriate head" really exists for Kaecilius. I could be wrong, mind you, but if there were, it'd be nothing like anything that I've seen before. I agree though. If anyone has the parts, provide pictures, please and thank you. :)

On 10/25/2016 at 3:41 PM, Duncan Young said:

Here are my interpretations of some Bat-Rogues

Whoa.  Scarecrow is the standout feature here.  For a tiny, cutely disproportional toy figure, he's downright terrifying.  My favorite Scarecrow designs (Batman Begins, Arkham games, New Batman Adventures) tend towards the monstrous and freaky, while all the official Lego designs have generally gone to a sillier side of the character. Yours is just as scary as any of those three, and in particular it reminds me of the TNBA design, though obviously there are differences.  I can't tell what face you've used (adding to the mystery), but if it were mine, I'd use the 2002 Tusken Raider head, because it looks alien enough to still be scary when seen in that get up, while I think the official Scarecrow heads are a bit cutesy and might ruin the effect when seen from head on.

Freeze and Two Face are also pretty great.

On 10/24/2016 at 5:40 AM, mr_witchhunter said:

My new pursit MOC, Yondu:

Yondu Udonta by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

Nice! A great solution if we don't get him in the upcoming GotG2 wave.

11 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I saw a really, really good design for Robotman here on this thread, which I think accurately captures his image, and as for Mento, I'm not really as familiar with him as I am with some of the other members, and I can't seem to nail him down to one design based on a Google search, but if there's a specific version you'd like to work on, I think I could at least definitely bounce some ideas around, if not actually make a full-on figure. :)

After looking into it a bit, I guess Mento isn't that prominent a Doom Patrol member after all. I checked out the new Doom Patrol comic that Gerard Way is doing as a fresh source of inspiration (also because I love his work and I heard good things) and I think I'm gonna try for some of those versions of the Doom Patrol as the team develops, but I definitely wanna finish up my Post-Crisis lineup, with just Robotman and a good head for Elasti-Girl away. It'd be nice to get Bumblebee in on that, too, but she can be really tough to nail. I'm not even gonna bother with Ambush Bug lol

On 10/31/2016 at 6:38 AM, mr_witchhunter said:

I have a new guy to show. He has no fear =)

Daredevil by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

I used that head on my own, but mine was an MCU version. People responded that the goofy grin wasn't great, but I don't mind it so much.

27773398233_61c6d84589_m.jpg

Edited by linnormlord

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I used that head on my own, but mine was an MCU version. People responded that the goofy grin wasn't great, but I don't mind it so much.

Oh, I see. I also used the same torso when I made my previous version of DD, but with a simple flesh-colored head and that "Ultron-hat" part. But I don't really like using two of the same torsos in the collection, so I made this new one.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

21 hours ago, LegoMcBoss_2004 said:

21 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Yes, I think it very well could, despite my previous comment to the contrary. :P

21 hours ago, LegoMcBoss_2004 said:

. . .  because it was building on an already established design from the previous page?

That being said, I really like what the new parts you picked out! Now we may just have to mix and match until we find the best look possible! :)

19 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

After looking into it a bit, I guess Mento isn't that prominent a Doom Patrol member after all. I checked out the new Doom Patrol comic that Gerard Way is doing as a fresh source of inspiration (also because I love his work and I heard good things) and I think I'm gonna try for some of those versions of the Doom Patrol as the team develops, but I definitely wanna finish up my Post-Crisis lineup, with just Robotman and a good head for Elasti-Girl away. It'd be nice to get Bumblebee in on that, too, but she can be really tough to nail. I'm not even gonna bother with Ambush Bug lol

"After looking into it a bit, I guess Mento isn't that prominent a Doom Patrol member after all." > I didn't recognize his name before, so that makes sense.

"I checked out the new Doom Patrol comic and I think I'm gonna try for some of those versions of the Doom Patrol as the team develops." > Go for it! Good luck!

"I definitely wanna finish up my Post-Crisis lineup, with just Robotman and a good head for Elasti-Girl away." > I hope that works out, and I can't wait to see how that turns out. Pictures, please!! :)

"It'd be nice to get Bumblebee in on that, too, but she can be really tough to nail." > I always thought that Bumblebee was more Titans West than Doom Patrol, seeing as her DP membership, although Post-Crisis, was still pretty short-lived. That said, I don't think she's that hard to do. She can be made with a mix of Sinestro and Savage Oppress parts, kind of like the popular versions of Marvel's Wasp that are floating around Flickr, or the actual bee suit CMF mixed with the cheetah suit girl arms for details (they're both bright light orange), topped off with one of the two or so female African-American faces we have and Princess Leia's classic dual bun hair. Plus, we even have the official DC Superhero Girls version that's coming out soon, so there's no excuse. :P

"I'm not even gonna bother with Ambush Bug lol." AMBUSH BUG WAS ON THE DOOM PATROL?! WHAT DID I MISS?! *Clears throat* Ahem. Sorry. In any case, WHY THE (INSERT CHOICE EXPLETIVE HERE) NOT?! Come on, man! Toy Story's Twitch, the Galaxy Squad whoshewhatsits and the new Killer Moth mask, give you no excuse to at least not try to make Ambush Bug! Especially because Argh!Yle! can be done with the sock tile, and that must be, hands down, the easiest purist superhero custom ever.

Whatever you decide to build, I'm sure it'll look amazing. I look forward to seeing it either here or on Flickr, whichever comes first. Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese  

14 hours ago, mr_witchhunter said:

I have a new guy to show. He has no fear =)
Daredevil by Serge A. Hunt, on Flickr

A bit out of the ordinary, but nice job! :D

7 hours ago, mr_witchhunter said:

Oh, I see. I also used the same torso when I made my previous version of DD, but with a simple flesh-colored head and that "Ultron-hat" part. But I don't really like using two of the same torsos in the collection, so I made this new one.

I'd like to see some pictures of that, if you can. It sounds interesting.

4 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

A bit out of the ordinary, but nice job! :D

I'd like to see some pictures of that, if you can. It sounds interesting.

Thanks!

I already disassembled that DD, but I'll recreate him in order to take photos.

On 10/31/2016 at 9:21 PM, mr_witchhunter said:

Thanks!

I already disassembled that DD, but I'll recreate him in order to take photos.

Thanks so much! I (and I hope that I speak for the rest of the topic as well when I say this) appreciate it. :)

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

in 76058 Spider Man: Ghost Rider Team-Up, does ghost rider's flame thing on his head come off? as far as i can tell it doesn't but if it does it'd be great for the DC hero firestorm

Edited by batwoman99
misspelled a word

11 minutes ago, batwoman99 said:

in 76058 Spider Man: Ghost Rider Team-Up, does ghost rider's flame thing on his head come off? as far as i can tell it doesn't but if it does it'd be great for the DC hero firestorm

No, unfortunately, it does not. The next best hair is Syndrome's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On an unrelated note, the new CMF scimitar swordsman's arms might work well for a yellow Wonder Woman, or Booster Gold. Those gold 'vambraces' (if you will) at the end of his arms seem to have many possibilities, but I just can't think of any others at the moment.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

For MCU Wong I recommend the Cmf 13 Samirai torso w/ purple arms. I'd also use the original flesh hagrid head.

On Lego Batman News, I thought of a combo for Mr.Freeze.  Helmet: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x168&idColor=10&name=Dark Gray Minifig, Headgear Helmet Underwater with Hose&category=[Minifig, Headgear]#T=C&C=10
Visor: light trans blue
Head: The lego Batman Movie one
Armor: Armored batman
Torso: Ultron Sentry
Legs: Armored Batman

Don't believe I posted this before. This is an Elektra I made for a Daredevil MOC based on Season 2 of the Netflix Series. 

30695695616_0c3f3caa62_c.jpg 

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

And finally Godspeed

5 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

For something different here is my own JL from earth 34- What do you guys think? 

You've got some very nice figures there.  I've not been keeping up with most of DC lately, so I can't claim familiarity with the characters, but Godspeed at least is spot on.  Nice job!

I couldn't find the JL of Earth 34; the DC wiki claims that Post-Crisis that was a world called "Amazonia", and Wikipedia says that in New 52 that's a world where JL parodies live.  In which multiverse or what media did it have evil versions of the characters? Your figures are nearly always fantastic, and when it's someone I don't recognize, I always love to see the original characters for comparison.