sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Hi, what parts can I use to make Jessica Serfaty's Poison Ivy from Bat Romance (Batman offcial music video)?

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:49 AM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Yes. If you prefer yellows over fleshies, use the CMF 16 Jewel Thief's head, as it's the most feminine. If you prefer fleshies over yellows, the question then becomes black or purple. If you prefer black, there are a ton of masks for you to try out. Personally, I'd recommend the Disney CMF Mr. Incredible's head, because it looks the most "childish", but if you want to look at any of the other choices, search Bricklink for the phrase "eye mask". If you prefer purple, I'd recommend any of The Riddler's heads. Happy building and hunting! - The Big Red Cheese

Thankfully for LegoKuBRICK, Hit Girl wears a domino mask. :)

You're right though, it's a darn shame that all we really have are those four. :(

Okay (not ok-ey) :classic: Thank you for all this awesome ideas ! Riddler's head would be pretty great !

On 10/8/2016 at 11:36 PM, Red Ball said:

This Thread is awesome, Finally made the time to share as well.

Working on Spider-Verse (Spider-Girl, Peter as Ceo of PI, Julia Carpenter, Manga Spider-Man, Cosmic Spidey, Karn, MJ Spider Island, Spider-Man India, Superior Spidey, Spider-Boy) and adding to the Sinister Six (Tombstone, Mysterio, Chameleon, Hammerhead, Electro).I'm

I'm really not familiar with most of the Spider-Verse characters as I'm more of a DC guy myself. They look amazing, though.

Tombstone looks great, but his hair is kind of odd. I'd recommend this one instead. :)

Mysterio looks really good, especially given that he's purist! :D All he needs now is his "fishbowl" helm, and he'll be ready to go.

Chameleon looks beautiful, especially given that he chose to impersonate JJJ. :P

Nice use of the Mandarin head on Hammerhead. It really makes his forehead pop. +1 for using superheroes parts to make more superheroes. :)

Electro must be my favorite out of this bunch! That face really captures him, as do the bright green boots and gloves. Nice job! I hope we get an apropos mask sooner rather than later! :(

Keep up the great work, and happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

On 10/16/2016 at 1:13 PM, Schwa said:

Hi! I made a couple minifigs.

Grim Reaper: Nice job! I think he could benefit from the cybernetic arm and claw hand TLG put out, but he still looks great.

Viper: An Interesting take on her to be sure, and nice usage of the green vine whip! :)

more modern take on Taskmaster: Nice mods! :D

somewhat comic-ish Loki with the Casket of Ancient Winters: I know you wrote "comic-ish", but isn't that the Avengers movie Loki figure? In any case, nice job on the mini-fig scale Casket of Ancient Winters.

Ulysseus Klaue with his robotic arm/sound: I really am divided here. I can't decide whether I like it or not. :\ I do think that like the Grim Reaper, Klaue could benefit from the cybernetic arm and claw hand. :) Just curious, is he based on the Andy Serkis/Avengers: Age of Ultron movie version of Klaue?

Whiplash: Pretty cool take on the character . . .

Amazing Spiderman 2-ish inspired Scorpion & Vulture: Nice use of the movie's darker color scheme. I like these guys. :)

Upgraded Hydra Agent: Definitely a nice touch, what with all the purple and gold. These Hydra soldiers should have been in the movie. :D

comic-inspired Mandarin: Very, very nice, but I think he could do with a wee bit of green.

In any case, keep up the great work! - The Big Red Cheese

On 10/18/2016 at 9:53 PM, PepperoniBricks said:

Purist Goodies and Purist Baddies

Purist Goodies:

Rick Flag: An interesting take on the character, especially given that I'm used to the classic comics one. :)

Red Arrow/Speedy/Arsenal: Nice use of the Lone Ranger Head, especially coupled with Star-Lord's torso.

Detective Harvey Bullock: I'm not a big fan of yellow, but the blue shirt and tan pants were definitely the right choice. :) 

Purist Baddies:

Firefly: Wow. Just wow. Absolutely brilliant use of that Alpha Team torso, not to mention it coupling with those axe-wings, Hydra head, classic helm, breather mask and custom flamethrower? I'm speechless. 

Black Mask: Nice combos with that Indy suit and Fantasy Skull.

Atomic Skull: Nice touch, "completing" the Hydra Agent's legs to match the suit. That head works very well too.

Slipknot: +1 for making him a P.O.C. instead of defaulting over to the usual white heads. Plus, the black "spider-web" bit and rope really seal the deal, as do the beautiful hair and torso.

All in all, an amazing bunch! Can't wait to see what you churn out next! Happy building!  - The Big Red Cheese

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

tumblr_ofjem2PUv81v7bc2lo1_400.jpg

got inspired to make a custom booster gold! not great but the best i could do with what i have. i'm not super happy with the hair not covering up more of the visor, but it's not a big deal

hair is from the CMF series 16 dog show champion, the torso is nova's from the spider-man daily bugle showdown, and the face is from the rebel pilot from the snowspeeder microfighter. I also used a gold hip piece from the CMF series 12 battle goddess

also has anybody used CMF series 4 surfer girl's torso and legs to make elastigirl from the doom patrol? i think it'd probably work well

LEGO Surfer Girl Minifigure

14 hours ago, mr_witchhunter said:

My new pursit MOC, Yondu

Excellent! I love your use of the arrow-tool thing he carries! Most people sadly forget that. Nice job! :)

20 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

custom Lego booster gold!

Nice! NPU on the Nova Corps uniform. I didn't think that thing was useful for much else. +1 for using superhero parts to make more superheroes! :) Plus, you're the first person I've seen to ever even both with the gold hip piece. Great work, keep up the great work, and welcome to Eurobricks! Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

21 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

also has anybody used CMF series 4 surfer girl's torso and legs to make elastigirl from the doom patrol? 

No, I don't think so. Come to think of it, there is a severe lack of Doom Patrol love around here. If I had one, I'd make her myself, but I don't, so I can't. :(

Love the suggestion, though! :D  

35 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Excellent! I love your use of the arrow-tool thing he carries! Most people sadly forget that. Nice job! :)

Nice! NPU on the Nova Corps uniform. I didn't think that thing was useful for much else. +1 for using superhero parts to make more superheroes! :) Plus, you're the first person I've seen to ever even both with the gold hip piece. Great work, keep up the great work, and welcome to Eurobricks! Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

No, I don't think so. Come to think of it, there is a severe lack of Doom Patrol love around here. If I had one, I'd make her myself, but I don't, so I can't. :(

Love the suggestion, though! :D  

I think we've all talked about Doom Patrol options at some point but most of the members are really tough to crack, especially Robotman and Mento.

13 hours ago, PepperoniBricks said:

That's an awesome Yondu!

12 hours ago, batwoman99 said:

fantastic yondu!

34 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Thanks! I really appreciate this.

So I ended up doing a couple more figs today; Cass Cain, and Terra. Hope you like! 

Cass Cain: 

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

Terra: 

Terra

20 hours ago, Zergos said:

So I ended up doing a couple more figs today; Cass Cain, and Terra. Hope you like!

Absolutely jaw-dropping Terra, (I'm downright jealous! :O ) and a simple, but still mindblowing Cass. Keep up the awesome work! :D 

On 10/25/2016 at 5:41 PM, Duncan Young said:

Here are my interpretations of some Bat-Rogues

That Mr. Freeze is really nice, what with the blue boots and hands, plain armor, simple gun and face and the giant helmet. 

Bane is interesting because of the strangely cool mix of movies and comics what with the boots and face from the comics, and the torso of the movie. :)

Scarecrow is scary as hell (it's something about that gosh-darn breather filter and the giant hat together that really pushes him over the edge), and looks beautiful.

Two-Face looks really spiffy, especially with that new hair (it just screams Harvey Dent) and the addition of a lavender hand to correspond with his facial scars. Nice job!

Finally, we have Killer Moth, who I'm not really sure about, as I want to see what his mask would look like over the Hydra head, but what where the mask's eye-holes and the heads lens goggles are, it looks like it's going to come out great. On another note, his suit and orange hands add a whole nother layer to the costume that wasn't there before. Great, great job. 

On 10/27/2016 at 0:42 PM, Duncan Young said:

Hi guys! I've expanded my speedster family- Johnny Quick, Wally West (Rebirth) and Kid Flash

Unfortunately, I'm only really familiar with classic Wally, but the rest look amazing as well! I noticed that the arms on Johnny, Rebirth Wally, and Kid Flash are all really nice usage for those parts. They really make the figures pop, if you will. Keep up the awesome minifigures! :D

On 10/24/2016 at 11:41 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I think we've all talked about Doom Patrol options at some point but most of the members are really tough to crack, especially Robotman and Mento.

I saw a really, really good design for Robotman here on this thread, which I think accurately captures his image, and as for Mento, I'm not really as familiar with him as I am with some of the other members, and I can't seem to nail him down to one design based on a Google search, but if there's a specific version you'd like to work on, I think I could at least definitely bounce some ideas around, if not actually make a full-on figure. :)

On 10/28/2016 at 6:44 PM, scoiltreasa said:

Anyone have any ideas for Wong and the villains guy (cant remember his name) from doctor strange?

On 10/28/2016 at 7:13 PM, Skier1215 said:

Kaecilius? The Ancient One's clothes are perfectly suitable for him. And Wong? Well...he's more difficult.

MCU Wong seems to be very maroon and purple, at least based on this poster. I picked out a head, some torsos, a pair of arms, and one pair of legs that I think would match MCU Wong, but I'd recommend going through Bricklink's dark red and dark purple item searcher(s), and check in dark red under the "Minifig,Torso" and "Minifig, Torso Assembly" categories and in dark purple under the "Thumbnail Gallery" until you find something else you might like. :)

The head and legs are the least usable parts I gave you in my opinion; I just threw them in there because I thought they could possibly work. In any case, best of luck and happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

EDIT: 

Inspired by scoiltreasa and Skier1215's discussion about an MCU version of Wong from Dr. Strange, I began to make the comic version, because as Skier1215 put it:" Wong? Well...he's more difficult."

Thankfully, the comics version is easier than the movie version.

Well, without further ado, here's my comics style Wong:
Head, torso, arms, hands, and legs.

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Absolutely jaw-dropping Terra, (I'm downright jealous! :O ) and a simple, but still mindblowing Cass. Keep up the awesome work! :D 

That Mr. Freeze is really nice, what with the blue boots and hands, plain armor, simple gun and face and the giant helmet. 

Bane is interesting because of the strangely cool mix of movies and comics what with the boots and face from the comics, and the torso of the movie. :)

Scarecrow is scary as hell (it's something about that gosh-darn breather filter and the giant hat together that really pushes him over the edge), and looks beautiful.

Two-Face looks really spiffy, especially with that new hair (it just screams Harvey Dent) and the addition of a lavender hand to correspond with his facial scars. Nice job!

Finally, we have Killer Moth, who I'm not really sure about, as I want to see what his mask would look like over the Hydra head, but what where the mask's eye-holes and the heads lens goggles are, it looks like it's going to come out great. On another note, his suit and orange hands add a whole nother layer to the costume that wasn't there before. Great, great job. 

Unfortunately, I'm only really familiar with classic Wally, but the rest look amazing as well! I noticed that the arms on Johnny, Rebirth Wally, and Kid Flash are all really nice usage for those parts. They really make the figures pop, if you will. Keep up the awesome minifigures! :D

Thanks Cheese, it's always nice to hear your support and suggestions :classic: 

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks Cheese, it's always nice to hear your support and suggestions :classic: 

You're very welcome, and I'm glad you enjoy them! :D

5 hours ago, scoiltreasa said:

Thanks thebigredcheese! 

You're welcome scoiltreasa! :D

15 minutes ago, Skier1215 said:

Very, very nice Wong. I'm going to pull that together and maybe I'll post...maybe...

Please do. I don't have most of the parts to make him, and I'd love to at least see a picture.