sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Bo "Bibbo" Bibbowski:

Hat: Preferably Donald Duck's but that doesn't stay on regular heads. :(

The next best option is the standard police hat.

Head: The semistandard clone one.

Torso assembly: Farmer/TMNT Victor's torso and Donald Duck's arms with "light flesh" hands. If you want to make him with his Superman costume, use the upcoming Goonie's Superman torso instead. :)

Legs: Light bluish grey. :)

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

3 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Nice 2nd Riddler Goon!

Prometheus is looking good, too. Had to Google TESCO, as those don't exist where I'm from. Totally jealous now, as I've always been a bit of an Anglophile, but I live across the pond, so . . . 

KGBeast is looking great! I really like the head you chose for when he's not wearing the mask. :) The gun-arm looks good, but the color scheme is a bit off. Sadly they don't make the hand grip thing in the right colors to match the rest of the gear. :'( I think that using bigger bricks and attaching them to something he can hold might work. :D

Black Spider's looking a bit like Pharrell with that hat, but I do like the Beast Boy legs. :)

Your Meister's staff is a nice little build, but I really think you should try those 'radar' discs if you have them. :)

Wow! I've always been opposed to the navy-maroon combos that people have used instead of the proper blue-red combination for Atom, but those maroon Iron Man legs still kill it! Nice work.

Just curious, what torso is that, and is it the same blue (or very close) to the blue color on the arms?

Thanks for the comments and nice combos for Bibbo! (Though I think I'd use the fisherman torso myself :))

Yeah I'm not too fond of that hat either but I found this image while looking for a good picture of him unmasked and had to try it :p

4426086-5157600698-black.jpg 

Edited by Duncan Young

6 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Nice 2nd Riddler Goon!

Prometheus is looking good, too. Had to Google TESCO, as those don't exist where I'm from. Totally jealous now, as I've always been a bit of an Anglophile, but I live across the pond, so . . . 

KGBeast is looking great! I really like the head you chose for when he's not wearing the mask. :) The gun-arm looks good, but the color scheme is a bit off. Sadly they don't make the hand grip thing in the right colors to match the rest of the gear. :'( I think that using bigger bricks and attaching them to something he can hold might work. :D

Black Spider's looking a bit like Pharrell with that hat, but I do like the Beast Boy legs. :)

Your Meister's staff is a nice little build, but I really think you should try those 'radar' discs if you have them. :)

Wow! I've always been opposed to the navy-maroon combos that people have used instead of the proper blue-red combination for Atom, but those maroon Iron Man legs still kill it! Nice work.

Just curious, what torso is that, and is it the same blue (or very close) to the blue color on the arms?

Thanks :) The torso is the reverse of a Nexo Knights figure that I got free from S@H awhile back (don't remember which one) and they are quite a close match.

Edited by Hulk_Smash

17 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks for the comments and nice combos for Bibbo! (Though I think I'd use the fisherman torso myself :))

Yeah I'm not too fond of that hat either but I found this image while looking for a good picture of him unmasked and had to try it :p

For Bibbo: What fisherman torso?

For the hat:
:P IDK how, when, or why comics became that kooky, but it works for what it is.

14 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Thanks :) The torso is the reverse of a Nexo Knights figure that I got free from S@H awhile back (don't remember which one) and they are quite a close match.

You're welcome! 

Huh. I'll have to check that out! :D

Could someone be a dear and test out these combos, maybe upload a pic?

Nightcrawler
Hair: Prince Eric 
Head: Blue Beetle
Torso: Deadpool
Arms: Syndrome
Legs:black w/ Deadpool waist piece

Kitty Pryde
Hair: Olivia
Head: Elizabeth Swann Turner
Torso: Tmnt movie April O'neil (Backwards)
Arms: Dark blue w/ yellow hands
Legs: Dark blue

Gambit
Hair: Zander
Head: Stormtrooper Balaclava
Trenchcoat: Elrond battlte of the five armies cape. (Put arms through holes in cape)
Torso: beast boy
Arms:Dark Tan
Legs: Blue Beetle

Jubilee:
Hair: Robin (Joker's funhouse)
Head: Catwoman 2012 or 2007
Trenchcoat: Vision's cape
Arms: Trickstrer with yellow hands
Legs: Finn the human

Hey everybody! Just finished watching Luke Cage, and reading the descriptions of the Colleen Wing fight scenes in the Iron Fist footage they showed at NYCC, I'm currently all kinds of amped up for some Daughters of the Dragon. Already have a custom Misty Knight ('cause she's the best), and would like to build a purist Collen Wing. And I figured I'd see if anyone here has any thoughts / suggestions, since y'all know what parts exist way, way better than I do.

For those unfamiliar with the costume but are open to trying to help anyway:

1225351-colleen_wing.jpg158004-7910-colleen-wing.jpg

It's pretty basic (pretty much white on white on white), so it shouldn't be TOO difficult, but I'm hoping there's some pieces out there with some printing to keep it from being... y'know, just a blob of uniform white everything.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

Hey everybody! Just finished watching Luke Cage, and reading the descriptions of the Colleen Wing fight scenes in the Iron Fist footage they showed at NYCC, I'm currently all kinds of amped up for some Daughters of the Dragon. Already have a custom Misty Knight ('cause she's the best), and would like to build a purist Collen Wing. And I figured I'd see if anyone here has any thoughts / suggestions, since y'all know what parts exist way, way better than I do.

For those unfamiliar with the costume but are open to trying to help anyway:

It's pretty basic (pretty much white on white on white), so it shouldn't be TOO difficult, but I'm hoping there's some pieces out there with some printing to keep it from being... y'know, just a blob of uniform white everything.

Thanks!

Hair: April O'neil (Tmnt movie)
Head:Chell
Torso: Flame Trooper or Speed Racer Jumpsuit
Legs AD-TP Pilot

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Did an online PAB and made a MCU Jessica Jones.

Hair: Talia Al Ghul
Head: Chell
Torso: Thief (replaced hands with Light Flesh ones)
Legs: Medium Azure color

2016-10-13 23.41.102.jpg

9 hours ago, hiroki said:

Did an online PAB and made a MCU Jessica Jones.

Hair: Talia Al Ghul
Head: Chell
Torso: Thief (replaced hands with Light Flesh ones)
Legs: Medium Azure color

Not sure how much I like the medium azure legs, but the rest is just WOW! :D

10 hours ago, LegoKuBRICK said:

Has anyone an idea for Hit-Girl's head (masked) from Kickass 2 ?

If you're looking for a masked female head, you're gonna have a bad time. All we've got is Captain Marvel, Harley Quinn, Katana, and sort of Catwoman, if I'm not mistaken. 

13 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

If you're looking for a masked female head, you're gonna have a bad time. All we've got is Captain Marvel, Harley Quinn, Katana, and sort of Catwoman, if I'm not mistaken. 

Ok, I will see. Thank you for your help !

15 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Not sure how much I like the medium azure legs, but the rest is just WOW! :D

Thanks! I might have to change them to Agent 13's pants color as these look too pastel.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:44 AM, LegoKuBRICK said:

Has anyone an idea for Hit-Girl's head (masked) from Kickass 2 ?

Yes. If you prefer yellows over fleshies, use the CMF 16 Jewel Thief's head, as it's the most feminine. If you prefer fleshies over yellows, the question then becomes black or purple. If you prefer black, there are a ton of masks for you to try out. Personally, I'd recommend the Disney CMF Mr. Incredible's head, because it looks the most "childish", but if you want to look at any of the other choices, search Bricklink for the phrase "eye mask". If you prefer purple, I'd recommend any of The Riddler's heads. Happy building and hunting! - The Big Red Cheese

23 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Thankfully for LegoKuBRICK, Hit Girl wears a domino mask. :)

You're right though, it's a darn shame that all we really have are those four. :(

I'm not sure if the colors match, but from the images I've seen, Slade's boots look like they'd mix very well on the new "Scu-Bat" figure coming in the new TLBM Batcave set.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:47 PM, Biggus_Brickus said:

Legs AD-TP Pilot

Oo. Speed Racer (didn't even know there were Speed Racer sets...) is a good start. Thanks!

Hi! I made a couple minifigs.

Lego little.jpg

Left to Right: Grim Reaper, Viper, more modern take on Taskmaster, somewhat comic-ish Loki with the Casket of Ancient Winters, Ulysseus Klaue with his robotic arm/sound

lego little 2.jpg

Left to Right: Whiplash, Amazing Spiderman 2-ish inspired Scorpion and Vulture, Upgraded Hydra Agent, and a comic-inspired Mandarin

Edited by Schwa

I've made a few more DC fellows - Jay Garrick, Doctor Fate, Electrocutioner and Vandal Savage (I'm looking for a masked head for Mr 'cutioner, any ideas?)

DC figbarf- JSA, Electrocutioner, Vandal Savage

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I love Jay!  The torso is obvious, but where are the legs and hat from?

Legs are the Superman ones from 2016, hat is from the LEGO City Miner sub-theme from 2011/12

On 10/10/2016 at 6:29 PM, HyperOnion said:

Thanks!

On 10/10/2016 at 10:47 PM, Biggus_Brickus said:

Legs AD-TP Pilot

19 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

Oo. Speed Racer (didn't even know there were Speed Racer sets...) is a good start. Thanks!

HyperOnion,

Any one of these hairs, Wonder Woman's head, and the CMF fencer's torso and legs all seem like they'd work for what you're looking for.

I'd also recommend checking out the white torsos page, and the white legs page if you want to peek around for yourself and see what works and what doesn't.

Some other helpful suggestions are the legs from the Flame Troopers from Star Wars: Episode 7: The Force Awakens movie, and this dragon jumpsuit, because you mentioned some "Daughters of the Dragon" thing, so I thought that might be useful. 

Also, just as a helpful tip, I have hyperlinks to the parts in Biggus_Brickus' suggestion.

Hair - April O'Neil from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie
Head - Chell from the Portal video game
Torso - The Flame Troopers' from Star Wars: Episode 7: The Force Awakens movie/Speed Racer's Jumpsuit
Legs - AD-DP Pilot

33 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I've made a few more DC fellows - Jay Garrick, Doctor Fate, Electrocutioner and Vandal Savage (I'm looking for a masked head for Mr 'cutioner, any ideas?)

Nice job as always. :D

Jay looks great, Dr. Fate is amazing! ( *oh2* ), Electrocutioner's looking pretty sweet, but as for Vandal Savage, well, I'm more used to the pointed beard and slicked back hair overcoat wearing megalomaniacal version, so the best I can say is that he looks great for what he is, but he's really not what I'm used to.

As for Electrocutioner's masked head, there are only two that I can really recommend: First, the head from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie's Foot Soldiers, and second, the Mighty Micros Catwoman head

:)

Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese 

20 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I love Jay!  The torso is obvious, but where are the legs and hat from?

I was literally in the middle of writing this post when Duncan Young beat me to the punch with his reply, so . . . yeah.

As he said, the legs are from the new BVS Superman, and the helmet is from the miners in the City construction line, with the light connection point facing backwards.

Hope the hyperlinks are useful. :)

5 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Nice job as always :D

Jay looks great, Dr. Fate is amazing! ( *oh2* ), Electrocutioner's looking pretty sweet, but as for Vandal Savage, well, I'm more used to the pointed beard and slicked back hair overcoat wearing megalomaniacal version, so the best I can say is that he looks great for what he is, but he's really not what I'm used to.

As for Electrocutioner's masked head, there are only two that I can really recommend: First, the head from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie's Foot Soldiers, and second, the Mighty Micros Catwoman head

Thank you very much, unfortunately Tony's head is just about the only goateed head I own and I have like zero trenchcoats. Also thanks for the head idea, I was already considering that TMNT head for both Rival and CW Dark Archer so I guess I'll have to bump my Firestar Toys order up to three of those ;)