sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

22 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

When you say "Batman of the future", what exactly do you mean? There are many, many, many future iterations of Batman. If you mean Batman Beyond, (the most popular/common version) can you elaborate, please?

Batman Beyond is actually called Batman of the Future in Europe, Latin America, Australia, and India, for whatever reason. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

TLBM Billy Dee Two-Face's head may work well for Metallo :classic:

Also TLBM Aaron Cash head for Luke Cage. If it's not double sided, even better.

Be ready for more TLBM early purist ideas :grin:

Edited by Quicksilver838

On 10/3/2016 at 3:32 PM, Duncan Young said:

Wow, thank you for your kind words, I really just used the hood to cover the laces from the parka hood but aside from that I don't really know.

Below is a fig formula for Captain Atom (I'd do it myself but I don't have the Ninjago parts ) :sweet:

Head/Hair- Silver Zane 

Body- Ultimate Ultron's with red gloves 

You're very welcome! That Captain Atom sounds really nice, but unfortunately, I don't have the Ninjago parts either! :(

On 10/3/2016 at 7:14 PM, DaRealGoomba said:

Batman Beyond, sorry for the confusion. I used Venom's (Spider-Man villain) head under the first new Super Heroes cowl (TLM one) and put it on Nightwing's body. I guess you can use the CMF bat arms to do him when he's flying.

Thanks for clarifying. I can kind of imagine that, but don't Venom's teeth stick out under the cowl? That kind of ruins the image, for me, anyway. Maybe I'm misremembering or something. Do you have the parts to post a picture? If not, can someone with these parts please post a picture of this design? Thanks! :D

On 10/4/2016 at 0:58 AM, PepperoniBricks said:

I've got a purist Black Mask, Slipknot and most of my Firefly, but USPS hasn't gotten the Firefly head to me, and it has been a month already since it was supposed to be delivered. I may give in and post pictures of the others ahead of him any way.

Sounds awesome! Not the part about USPS, but the rest of it. :) I'd go for Black Mask and Slipknot, and just give Firefly his own post. :)

On 10/4/2016 at 1:51 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Batman Beyond is actually called Batman of the Future in Europe, Latin America, Australia, and India, for whatever reason. 

It might be one of those "lost in translation" kind of things.

On 10/4/2016 at 1:59 PM, Duncan Young said:

TLBM Billy Dee Two-Face's head may work well for Metallo :classic:

From the pics I've seen, this sounds like a cool idea! :)   

On 10/4/2016 at 5:48 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

Also TLBM Aaron Cash head for Luke Cage. If it's not double sided, even better.

Be ready for more TLBM early purist ideas :grin:

That sounds nice too! :)

On the TLBM purism note: The purple boxing gloves on the Boxing Batman could work in part for a purist Wildcat. 

Plus, nonspecifically, the new bow-tie, ascot, top-hat, suit-jackets (PLURAL! :O), umbrella, FLESHIE comb-over and specialized Bat-suits all have many, many, many uses EACH! I CAN'T WAIT! :D

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

TBLM Bruce Wayne's torso and legs with a black skeleton head works well for Black Mask.

Also, for anyone watching Luke Cage:

Cottonmouth: CMF Businessman with brown hands and Zedmore's head (smiling side to portray his laugh)

Claire Temple: TLBM Barbara Gordon works well. She is being voiced by Rosario Dawson anyway so it fits.

Diamondback: Rhodey's head from the Iron Man 3 series fits well imo, all he needs is some military-esque clothing and some weapons, a bazooka, Star Wars blasters, anything. 

Hey everyone I have been following this forum for over 5 months so I though I'd share some Purist Customs:

Marvel:

DC: (Wonder Womans bracelets aren't purist.)

Thanks for looking! :classic:

3 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

A few more from me - Riddler Goon, Music Meister, Anarky, KGBeast :classic:

WOAH!

Riddler Goon looks amazing, and +1 for racial diversity, too!

Holy mother of God. Music Meister is absolutely amazing! I can't help but wonder what the dark purple fedora would look like on him, though . . . I really like how you mixed the Joker and Doctor Who parts. :D

Anarky is awesome!

KGBeast looks great too! I feel so bad, it makes me want navy sleeves and a proper head so bad! Also, I'd have to recommend trying some new torso combos. The S.H.I.E.L.D. logo is just too prominent, unfortunately. :( 
Try Miles Morales Spidey.

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Last one (I think) for today- Black Spider!

I love and appreciate what you're trying to do, but that Black Spider clashes with Deathstroke. :( We'll have to wait for purple and orange boots. :P

Otherwise, use the Black/Purple Needham design.

All in all, an awesome, awesome, bunch!

Happy building!

- The Big Red Cheese

10 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

TBLM Bruce Wayne's torso and legs with a black skeleton head works well for Black Mask.

Also, for anyone watching Luke Cage:

Cottonmouth: CMF Businessman with brown hands and Zedmore's head (smiling side to portray his laugh)

Claire Temple: TLBM Barbara Gordon works well. She is being voiced by Rosario Dawson anyway so it fits.

Diamondback: Rhodey's head from the Iron Man 3 series fits well imo, all he needs is some military-esque clothing and some weapons, a bazooka, Star Wars blasters, anything. 

Those combos sound good to me! Plus, I'd just like to point out that TLBM Bat-Pack suit has printed golden arms that may work well with the MCU Lego Ancient One from Dr. Strange. :)

19 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

WOAH!

Riddler Goon looks badass, and +1 for racial diversity, too!

Holy mother of God. Music Meister is absolutely amazing! I can't help but wonder what the dark purple fedora would look like on him, though . . . I really like how you mixed the Joker and Doctor Who parts. :D

Anarky is awesome!

KGBeast looks great too! I feel so bad, it makes me want navy sleeves and a proper head so bad! Also, I'd have to recommend trying some new torso combos. The S.H.I.E.L.D. logo is just too prominent, unfortunately. :( 
Try Miles Morales Spidey.

I love and appreciate what you're trying to do, but that Black Spider clashes with Deathstroke. :( We'll have to wait for purple and orange boots. :P

Otherwise, use the Black/Purple Needham design.

All in all, an awesome, awesome, bunch!

Happy building!

- The Big Red Cheese

Thanks for your input mate. Yeah we're definitely missing some crucial parts- A sorta reversed D-Pool mask, Navy/Flesh arm and those purple/orange legs (I planned to use Moths torso but w/o dual molded legs it wouldn't have been the same. Anyway taking in your advice I've made some changes. Note- Had I had Beast Boy at my side I would've used his legs for Spider, tell me what you think :classic:

DC Threats to Gotham Alt.

1 minute ago, Duncan Young said:

Thanks for your input mate. Yeah we're definitely missing some crucial parts- A sorta reversed D-Pool mask, Navy/Flesh arm and those purple/orange legs (I planned to use Moths torso but w/o dual molded legs it wouldn't have been the same. Anyway taking in your advice I've made some changes. Note- Had I had Beast Boy at my side I would've used his legs for Spider, tell me what you think :classic:

Wow! That was fast! :)

KGB Beast looks amazing this way too, but I re-read my comment and realized it was unclear. I actually meant Mile Morales Spidey's HEAD. Whoops! My bad! Leave the S.H.I.E.L.D. torso and try Morales' HEAD. :P

Music Meister is on point! Now he just needs his staff! :D

Black Spider doesn't clash with Deathstroke as much now, and I think the new combos would work great with the Beast Boy boots!

3 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Wow! That was fast! :)

KGB Beast looks amazing this way too, but I re-read my comment and realized it was unclear. I actually meant Mile Morales Spidey's HEAD. Whoops! My bad! Leave the S.H.I.E.L.D. torso and try Morales' HEAD. :P

Music Meister is on point! Now he just needs his staff! :D

Black Spider doesn't clash with Deathstroke as much now, and I think the new combos would work great with the Beast Boy boots!

Not to worry (It's pretty late over here so I'm not going to build the staff or find the legs until morning :wink:)

Alt 2

This is the parts inventory for the Squirrel Girl (cerca 2015) version I want to build one of these days:

Hair: Part ID

Head: Part ID

Accessory-Tail: Part ID

Torso: Part ID 

Legs:Parts ID

Accessory-Squirrel: Part ID

Accessory-Hair Bow (for squirrel): Part ID

I'm also thinking on coming up with ideas for some characters from Agents of SHIELD; and I already have a custom Coulson made, but I am waiting for the rumored "Coulson and Lola" set to come out before I move further with those characters. I already have three bodies of the Maria Hill figure that I picked up on Bricks and Pieces, one I will use for the official Maria Hill, another for Melinda May, and another for Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird, although she might look better with the Sharon Carter torso). 

I also have a stupidly simple idea for a Lego version of the Iron Man Mark 2 suit as seen in the first Iron Man film, just take the Dr. Who Cyberman figure, and head swap with a Tony Stark face and the helmet from the 2013 War Machine figure. I am sure I am not the first to think of that, but it seems so obvious! :sweet:

Edited by xboxtravis7992

12 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Hey everyone I have been following this forum for over 5 months so I though I'd share.

Dr. Doom: All in all, he looks pretty good. In the meantime, he can pass off as a Doombot. :P

Agent 13: Once again, looking good, but the head is a bit angry, and her torso clashes heavily with both her arms and pants. 

Shocker: I've never seen Shocker done up quite that way before. Very nice indeed. 

Mandarin: Looks pretty good, save for the neck thing. 

Mysterio: His color scheme is usually much much brighter, but I do like your take on him. :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Atom: Pretty nice, especially for a random assemblage . . .
He's generally brighter shades of blue and red, though.

Metallo: Really nice build. Not clunky, very solid and pleasant looking. :) 

Wonder Woman: I think Sting (that sword) is a wee-bit short for Wonder Woman, but to each his own. In terms of shields, try using one of these. They're a bit more thematically apropos for Wonder Woman.

Alfred: Nice choice of clothes, and +1 for painting that hair! I had to do a double take before I realized. :)

Arkham Knight: Looking pretty good! The torso could use some work, if you do end up keeping it together. 

11 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I feel the Unkar Brute book fig's head could work for either Rag-Man or CW Prometheus  

I agree wholeheartedly with the use of that head for Rag-Man and the Arrowverse Prometheus'!
It could also work very well for a Nolan-verse Scarecrow. :)

2 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Not to worry (It's pretty late over here so I'm not going to build the staff or find the legs until morning :wink:)

These guys are looking great, and I can't wait to see those pictures! :D

As for the staff, I'd suggest using either three light bluish grey 2 x 2 inverted dishes or three light bluish grey open-hole "studs" onto either a light bluish grey 6.6L stop ring bar (for a longer staff), or a light bluish grey 4L non-stop ring bar (for a shorter staff). However you end up doing it, I'm sure it'll look awesome! :D

1 hour ago, DaRealGoomba said:

I'll take pics once I get home.

Presuming that you're talking about the Batman Beyond post: I'd love to see your design! :)

1 hour ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

This is the parts inventory for the Squirrel Girl (cerca 2015) version I want to build one of these days:

Hair: Part ID

Head: Part ID

Accessory-Tail: Part ID

Torso: Part ID 

Legs:Parts ID

Accessory-Squirrel: Part ID

Accessory-Hair Bow (for squirrel): Part ID

I'm also thinking on coming up with ideas for some characters from Agents of SHIELD; and I already have a custom Coulson made, but I am waiting for the rumored "Coulson and Lola" set to come out before I move further with those characters. I already have three bodies of the Maria Hill figure that I picked up on Bricks and Pieces, one I will use for the official Maria Hill, another for Melinda May, and another for Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird, although she might look better with the Sharon Carter torso). 

I also have a stupidly simple idea for a Lego version of the Iron Man Mark 2 suit as seen in the first Iron Man film, just take the Dr. Who Cyberman figure, and head swap with a Tony Stark face and the helmet from the 2013 War Machine figure. I am sure I am not the first to think of that, but it seems so obvious! :sweet:

That Squirrel Girl design is pretty nice! :D

Please post Coulson anyway! I love to see how people make him. :)

I believe that your "stupidly simple idea" for Mark 2 has already been done on this thread already, if I'm not mistaken.

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Loving that Shocker. I had the same idea with the Friends pineapple. It works all too well. :laugh: :thumbup:

54 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Dr. Doom: All in all, he looks pretty good. In the meantime, he can pass off as a Doombot. :P

Agent 13: Once again, looking good, but the head is a bit angry, and her torso clashes heavily with both her arms and pants. 

Shocker: I've never seen Shocker done up quite that way before. Very nice indeed. 

Mandarin: Looks pretty good, save for the neck thing. 

Mysterio: His color scheme is usually much much brighter, but I do like your take on him. :)

Atom: Pretty nice, especially for a random assemblage . . .
He's generally brighter shades of blue and red, though.

Metallo: Really nice build. Not clunky, very solid and pleasant looking. :) 

Wonder Woman: I think Sting (that sword) is a wee-bit short for Wonder Woman, but to each his own. In terms of shields, try using one of these. They're a bit more thematically apropos for Wonder Woman.

Alfred: Nice choice of clothes, and +1 for painting that hair! I had to do a double take before I realized. :)

Arkham Knight: Looking pretty good! The torso could use some work, if you do end up keeping it together. 

Thanks for your feedback guys, I will keep the advise in mind and try and go for brighter colour schemes. :sweet:

@Duncan Young 

On a seperate note I love that music meister figure.

Edited by Foxes Productionz
Forgot to add something.

2 hours ago, brickmasterben11 said:

What arms and legs do you use for KGBeast? Great figs by the way!

It's the S16 Arctic explorer legs and Hyperion's arms :classic:

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Thanks for your feedback guys, I will keep the advise in mind and try and go for brighter colour schemes. :sweet:

@Duncan Young 

On a seperate note I love that music meister figure.

2 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the use of that head for Rag-Man and the Arrowverse Prometheus'!
It could also work very well for a Nolan-verse Scarecrow. :)

These guys are looking great, and I can't wait to see those pictures! :D

As for the staff, I'd suggest using either three light bluish grey 2 x 2 inverted dishes or three light bluish grey open-hole "studs" onto either a light bluish grey 6.6L stop ring bar (for a longer staff), or a light bluish grey 4L non-stop ring bar (for a shorter staff). However you end up doing it, I'm sure it'll look awesome! :D

Thanks chaps! :classic:

@TheBigRedCheese

Ok 2nd Riddler Goon, CW Prometheus (Went to TESCO but they didn't have the book) as well as final KGBeast, Meister and Spider

Final versions? Prometheus (CW), Riddler Thug 2

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

@TheBigRedCheese

Ok 2nd Riddler Goon, CW Prometheus (Went to TESCO but they didn't have the book) as well as final KGBeast, Meister and Spider

Nice 2nd Riddler Goon!

Prometheus is looking good, too. Had to Google TESCO, as those don't exist where I'm from. Totally jealous now, as I've always been a bit of an Anglophile, but I live across the pond, so . . . 

KGBeast is looking great! I really like the head you chose for when he's not wearing the mask. :) The gun-arm looks good, but the color scheme is a bit off. Sadly they don't make the hand grip thing in the right colors to match the rest of the gear. :'( I think that using bigger bricks and attaching them to something he can hold might work. :D

Black Spider's looking a bit like Pharrell with that hat, but I do like the Beast Boy legs. :)

Your Meister's staff is a nice little build, but I really think you should try those 'radar' discs if you have them. :)

12 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Ive updated my Atom (thanks arctic explorer :) )

Wow! I've always been opposed to the navy-maroon combos that people have used instead of the proper blue-red combination for Atom, but those maroon Iron Man legs still kill it! Nice work.

Just curious, what torso is that, and is it the same blue (or very close) to the blue color on the arms?

This Thread is awesome, Finally made the time to share as well.

Working on Spider-Verse (Spider-Girl, Peter as Ceo of PI, Julia Carpenter, Manga Spider-Man, Cosmic Spidey, Karn, MJ Spider Island, Spider-Man India, Superior Spidey, Spider-Boy) and adding to the Sinister Six (Tombstone, Mysterio, Chameleon, Hammerhead, Electro). 

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

Edited by Red Ball