sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

On 9/25/2016 at 5:51 AM, Duncan Young said:
On 9/23/2016 at 10:33 AM, Duncan Young said:

Thanks man :classic:, here's another one for the road- DC's Captain Marvel!

Superb design! :O :D

Here are my Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy (admittedly DD isn't actually a custom, but I did give him actual eyes)

image_zpsskkziflh.jpeg

Is there a particular face that would be good for the Supergirl tv-series style Superman? The Tyler Hoechlin one?

On August 27, 2016 at 2:07 PM, TheBigRedCheese said:

Batman:

Cowl

Head

Cape

Torso Assembly

Hands

Legs Assembly

Joker:

Hair

Head

Torso Assembly

Hands

Waist Coat (There is no such part yet, sorry to say. Thus far, this is the only Lego Batman Movie Joker minifigure that I've seen, and he doesn't have the part you're referring to awesome coattails and waist coat that we saw in the new pictures.)

Legs Assembly

Harley Quinn*:

Hat

Head

Torso Assembly

Left Leg

Hips and Right Leg

Scarecrow:

Hat & Hair

Head

Torso Assembly

Legs Assembly

* Lego's original Harley Quinn, released way back in 2008, was designed by TLG to look like the B:TAS version of her, so I'd recommend taking a look at her parts as well. :) Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

PS: If you have part numbers, punch them into the search bar at Bricklink.com, and you'll get a link to the parts themselves. Then, simply use Eurobricks' handy-dandy 'Link' formatting button to make it look nice and clean. :)

Did you link to the wrong Joker hair? That hair doesn't come in green.

Also, the face and hair from TLBM Joker might work for a The Batman Joker.

53 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:

53 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:

No, that hair is definitely correct. Just for the record, I did not actually choose any of those pieces myself. I merely cleaned up another poster's post, which had only part numbers, not links, at their request.

Now, the reason OP chose that hair is because of the fact that it matches the design of the Joker's hair in the OP's choice of source material, namely, Batman: The Animated Series. In those depictions, Joker's hair is actually more black than green, and merely has green tinges on the edge, which is why the OP chose a black hair instead of a green one.

As for whether or not The Lego Batman Movie Joker's parts are useful for making the Joker as he appeared on The Batman, that sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to wait until the sets are released and better pictures are available.

- The Big Red Cheese

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

No, that hair is definitely correct. Just for the record, I did not actually choose any of those pieces myself. I merely cleaned up another poster's post, which had only part numbers, not links, at their request.

Now, the reason OP chose that hair is because of the fact that it matches the design of the Joker's hair in the OP's choice of source material, namely, Batman: The Animated Series. In those depictions, Joker's hair is actually more black than green, and merely has green tinges on the edge, which is why the OP chose a black hair instead of a green one.

As for whether or not The Lego Batman Movie Joker's parts are useful for making the Joker as he appeared on The Batman, that sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to wait until the sets are released and better pictures are available.

- The Big Red Cheese

Ok, it's been years since I last watched BTAS.

Venom's head can be used to make Batman of the future.

It's also been ages since I last watched that show. I need to rewatch stuff.

2 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:
3 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:

Hey, what head was used for Firefly? 

Any head can be used. It's not like it's shown

4 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:

Hey, what head was used for Firefly? 

I used the balaclava stormtrooper head for Gar but as Pietro said it doesn't really matter 

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I used the balaclava stormtrooper head for Gar but as Pietro said it doesn't really matter 

I meant what helmet. Sorry for the confusion.

8 minutes ago, DaRealGoomba said:

I meant what helmet. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah no sweat mate, it's the 2013 Kryptonian helmet  :classic:

On 9/29/2016 at 10:02 PM, (Nexus) said:

Nexus-Verse Teen Titans by Nexus-, on Flickr

Jessica Cruz isn't purist due to the vambraces but everyone else is!

That is an excellent Beast Boy, especially! That torso is great for the Johns-era suit but with a sleeker simplicity that really fits the character. 

23 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Ubu, Firefly, Question, Zatanna, Atom

I really love that Question. Definitely the perfect alternative for those that don't want to damage capes to make a trenchcoat. Zatanna's fantastic, too!

2 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

That is an excellent Beast Boy, especially! That torso is great for the Johns-era suit but with a sleeker simplicity that really fits the character. 

I really love that Question. Definitely the perfect alternative for those that don't want to damage capes to make a trenchcoat. Zatanna's fantastic, too!

Thank you :sweet:

On 10/2/2016 at 1:41 PM, DaRealGoomba said:

Venom's head can be used to make Batman of the future.

When you say "Batman of the future", what exactly do you mean? There are many, many, many future iterations of Batman. If you mean Batman Beyond, (the most popular/common version) can you elaborate, please?

On 10/2/2016 at 1:36 PM, Duncan Young said:

Ubu, Firefly, Question, Zatanna, Atom

I had that exact same idea to use the scimitar swordsman's legs for Ubu! Congrats on having beat me to the punch. He looks awesome! :O

I've seen similar combos for Firefly before, but I love what you did with continuing the grey bits and then using the newish Bat-boots. :thumbup:

Nice use of the Twelfth Doctor's coat for The Question as well.

I've never seen the Mad Scientist's legs for Zantanna before! Absolutely brilliant usage! :O

Nice conflation of the Wildlife Photographer and the classic Captain America head, but I'm wondering: Why the hood? It looks cool and all, but just, why?

Great job across the board, and I can't wait to see more of your work! :D

- The Big Red Cheese

27 minutes ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

When you say "Batman of the future", what exactly do you mean? There are many, many, many future iterations of Batman. If you mean Batman Beyond, (the most popular/common version) can you elaborate, please?

I had that exact same idea to use the scimitar swordsman's legs for Ubu! Congrats on having beat me to the punch. He looks awesome! :O

I've seen similar combos for Firefly before, but I love what you did with continuing the grey bits and then using the newish Bat-boots. :thumbup:

Nice use of the Twelfth Doctor's coat for The Question as well.

I've never seen the Mad Scientist's legs for Zantanna before! Absolutely brilliant usage! :O

Nice conflation of the Wildlife Photographer and the classic Captain America head, but I'm wondering: Why the hood? It looks cool and all, but just, why?

Great job across the board, and I can't wait to see more of your work! :D

- The Big Red Cheese

Wow, thank you for your kind words, I really just used the hood to cover the laces from the parka hood but aside from that I don't really know.

Below is a fig formula for Captain Atom (I'd do it myself but I don't have the Ninjago parts ) :sweet:

Head/Hair- Silver Zane 

Body- Ultimate Ultron's with red gloves 

4 hours ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Batman Beyond, sorry for the confusion. I used Venom's (Spider-Man villain) head under the first new Super Heroes cowl (TLM one) and put it on Nightwing's body. I guess you can use the CMF bat arms to do him when he's flying.

I've got a purist Black Mask, Slipknot and most of my Firefly, but USPS hasn't gotten the Firefly head to me, and it has been a month already since it was supposed to be delivered. I may give in and post pictures of the others ahead of him any way.