sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

I was re-watching B:TAS the other day and thought about making some of the characters in those particular designs:

Batman:

Cowl

Head

Cape

Torso Assembly

Hands

Legs Assembly

Joker:

Hair

Head

Torso Assembly

Hands

Waist Coat (There is no such part yet, sorry to say. Thus far, this is the only Lego Batman Movie Joker minifigure that I've seen, and he doesn't have the part you're referring to awesome coattails and waist coat that we saw in the new pictures.)

Legs Assembly

Harley Quinn*:

Hat

Head

Torso Assembly

Left Leg

Hips and Right Leg

Scarecrow:

Hat & Hair

Head

Torso Assembly

Legs Assembly

* Lego's original Harley Quinn, released way back in 2008, was designed by TLG to look like the B:TAS version of her, so I'd recommend taking a look at her parts as well. :) Happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

PS: If you have part numbers, punch them into the search bar at Bricklink.com, and you'll get a link to the parts themselves. Then, simply use Eurobricks' handy-dandy 'Link' formatting button to make it look nice and clean. :)

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Right now I'm designing a Justice League MOC, but I need your guys help with something. I'm trying to make a Steppenwolf figure (for those who don't know who that is he is Darkseids uncle and commander of his army).

This is the version I want to use as inspiration for the figure:

Does anyone know any good parts I can use for this figure?

And also, who would you like to see as the villain for the Justice League? Except for Darkseid as a bigfig doesn't fit the MOC I'm designing :p

Good luck with that figure! Unfortunately, I myself don't have any ideas at the moment, but LegoMcBoss2004 came up with a great sounding design, as seen in his comment below, albeit minus a helmet piece. Thankfully, autorazor figured that out, which can be seen is his comment, which also below. I identified the helmet which I think he was referring to in my response to his comment. Hopefully, that works! Happy building/designing! - The Big Red Cheese

Head- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":90}

Shoulder Armor- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":88}

Torso- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":11}

Legs- https://www.bricklin...85pb06#T=S&O={}

Sword Back Piece(place on smaller end of hilt)- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":88}

Sword Hilt- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":86}

Sword Blade(place on bigger end of the hilt)- https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":19}

Sorry about a helmet piece I have no clue maybe this one? https://www.bricklin...pb001#T=C&C=120 with these in the sockets turned upside down? https://www.bricklin...&O={"color":1}. Anyway there ya go Kevii23!

There's a helmet in nexo Knights that one of the devil dudes has, black with removable horns, it would be pretty close.

This one?

EDIT: In looking for something completely unrelated, I stumbled upon this gem. It should work for what you're looking for. I know it looks odd from the side, but look for one of the frontal photos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anybody considered using some of Echo Zane's parts to make the Doom Patrol's Robotman?

I think we were talking about that earlier, when I proposed using Beast Boy's torso and legs to make a TT universe Doom Patrol. I got a bunch of BB's legs, and I got a jaw piece that was suggested, but I just need the torso, a good Negative Man head, and maybe that Zane's head, as well as a gold muscle torso that was suggested. Oh, and parts for Elastigirl, too.

Wow! Just from that one image, I can say the face, arms, and possibly the legs, look absolutely amazing for a purist Robotman. :O Maybe this torso can work?

The head is totally perfect! Will be a tough color to match with a torso though.

I hear that. It's a darn shame, too. Fortunately, I think this torso could work, with the arms of the originally suggested figure. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Returned to this forum after some years to post my custom avengers. I've wanted to make a yellow-skinned set, for a bigger city where the people will have similar skintones (and I find mixing of fleshies and yellow figs looks really, really odd).

Please excuse the hair on Captain America, I'm on the lookout for a replacement next time I bricklink something.

Bonus spidey and mysterio:

Nice! I'm not usually a fan a yellow guys, but these look absolutely amazing! :D

Cap's hair looks fine to me. :)

Also, just a side node, if you want to add a bit of detail to your Black Widow, the newish CMF Jewel Thief's respective torso and legs assemblies have lots of little details that are sadly missing from some of the other black colored female jumpsuits.

Spidey and Mysterio both look great as well! :D

Nice! I'm not usually a fan a yellow guys, but these look absolutely amazing! :D

Cap's hair looks fine to me. :)

Also, just a side node, if you want to add a bit of detail to your Black Widow, the newish CMF Jewel Thief's respective torso and legs assemblies have lots of little details that are sadly missing from some of the other black colored female jumpsuits.

Spidey and Mysterio both look great as well! :D

Thanks! I'm lucky in that, Scarlet Witch aside, they're all swappable quite easily to fleshie if i need it for anyone else - not sure I'd find any expression perfect enough for Loki, though. I think Loki and Thor I'm particularly proud of, since they're some of the most custom. (While Scarlet Witch is also very custom, I'd seen a lot of those pieces used for her online before.)

The jewel thief is on my bricklink wishlist, so if it shows up in any stores I'm ordering from I'll start using that instead.

Waist Coat (There is no such part yet, sorry to say. Thus far, this is the only Lego Batman Movie Joker minifigure that I've seen, and he doesn't have the part you're referring to awesome coattails and waist coat that we saw in the new pictures.)

I know but I thought it would most likely be released in one of the many sets so I went ahead and added it. Thanks Cheese

Thanks! I'm lucky in that, Scarlet Witch aside, they're all swappable quite easily to fleshie if i need it for anyone else - not sure I'd find any expression perfect enough for Loki, though. I think Loki and Thor I'm particularly proud of, since they're some of the most custom. (While Scarlet Witch is also very custom, I'd seen a lot of those pieces used for her online before.)

The jewel thief is on my bricklink wishlist, so if it shows up in any stores I'm ordering from I'll start using that instead.

You're welcome. I did notice the yellow/fleshie compatibility first time around, and I actually thought that you'd done it intentionally. As for fleshie Loki faces, I've always found that there really, truly, are a ton of wonderfully different options. :P

As for the jewel thief, I'm glad that you noticed her potential as well. :D

I know but I thought it would most likely be released in one of the many sets so I went ahead and added it. Thanks Cheese

Oh, I see. Sorry if there was any confusion. As for the links, it's no problem. :)

There are pictures of a leak of Han Solo minifigures from an upcoming Death Star set, and the new hair mold would be perfect for the Jor-El polybag figure, don't know if that's been pointed out before. Here's a link:

https://m.reddit.com...solo_hairpiece/

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

I've updated my Iron Man MK V with new leg, and finished my Hulkling, what do you guess think?

image_zps3pn6kme2.jpeg

The clark kent one could be good

What do you think also about 2012 Chancellor Palpatine or Classic thor?

Fantastic Four:

I want to apologize in advance for the torsos. They're the best I could find given the circumstances [id Est: The fact that we have very limited muscle torsos. ]

:sceptic::thumbdown::hmpf_bad::angry::hmpf::ugh::facepalm::wall::def_shrug::distressed::enough:

Mr. Fantastic:

Hair

Head

Torso

Legs

The Human Torch:

Hair - Either in tan, or bright light yellow

Head(s) - This one was a tough call.

Torso

Legs

The Thing - Minifigure scale

Head - This or this

Torso - This or this

Legs - With dark blue hips

Personally, however, I say: Build him! Flickr user Peter Aoun made a really awesome brick built version, as seen here.

Invisible Woman:

Hair - One of these . . .

Head

Torso

Legs

I redid my Fitz (and gave him the helper monkey he has always wanted :D) and tweaked Gorgon (yet again)

image_zpstkk01gub.jpeg

I've ordered pieces to put together my custom Black Mask, Firefly, and Slipknot. I'll post pics once I have them!

Edited by PepperoniBricks

Fantastic Four:

I want to apologize in advance for the torsos. They're the best I could find given the circumstances [id Est: The fact that we have very limited muscle torsos. ]

Mr. Fantastic:

Hair

Head

Torso

Legs

The Human Torch:

Hair - Either in tan, or bright light yellow

Head(s) - This one was a tough call.

Torso

Legs

The Thing - Minifigure scale

Head - This or this

Torso - This or this

Legs - With dark blue hips

Invisible Woman:

Hair - One of these . . .

Head

Torso

Legs

Hey, so I'm guessing you're not actually making these figures, but if you are, might I recommend Stitch's arms and s15 Farmer's legs for Mr. Fantastic/Johnny Storm? Both are medium blue to match Electro's torso, and the legs are even dual-molded.

Also, Thing is great. I didn't know Lego made a topless, orange torso that looked so rocky! The face is fantastic, too.

Hey, so I'm guessing you're not actually making these figures, but if you are, might I recommend Stitch's arms and s15 Farmer's legs for Mr. Fantastic/Johnny Storm? Both are medium blue to match Electro's torso, and the legs are even dual-molded.

Also, Thing is great. I didn't know Lego made a topless, orange torso that looked so rocky! The face is fantastic, too.

I just tossed this out there, so originally, I wasn't going to make them, but I might. :)

Stitch's arms and the Farmer's pants are a great idea, thank you! I will put them to full use for Johnny Storm, but as for Mr. Fantastic, I'm only going to give him the arms, because I want him to have the long boots from Toy Story's Woody, and unfortunately, they don't match Sue's toros, so for the moment I'll stick to just boots for Sue Storm, though I'll definitely keep looking across the board for medium blue torso and such. Thanks a ton!

Also, for the record, I didn't know Lego made such a torso either. I just stumbled upon it. :P

Happy building,

- TheBigRedCheese

Although I don't actually have one, based on the pictures I've seen, neither the new Captain George Stacy minifigure's hair nor face do the character justice, mostly because he's usually been depicted with white and wavy [Holy added alliterative appeal, Batman! :P ] hair, and a very stern face, and this rendition has neither.

Considering that there is no such Lego hair that I know of, and that Gwen Stacy, his daughter, is a blonde, giving Stacy blond hair instead of his usual white hair isn't that much of a stretch. Based on these criteria, (blond and wavy), there's only one hair that really fits the bill: Gilderoy Lockhart's. As for his face, either one of the Grand Moff Tarkin heads should give his character the stern look he needs. If anyone has these parts, I'd like to see what these combos look like rendered in bricks.

Happy building! - TheBigRedCheese

Ooo, thank you! I've been wondering if there's a good way to purist her ever since I picked up her first issue this summer. :3