sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Here is my Super Friends Samurai

samurai.jpg

I'm thinking about removing the dark green reptilian splotches from the legs, which would make the figure non-purist, but for now the fig is 100% purist. Thanks for looking!

I'm working on some CW figs right now. Any ideas for the following:

Barry's head, torso, and legs

Caitlin's head, torso, and legs

Eddie's head

Iris West

Joe West

Diggle's hair

Felicity's torso and legs

Black Canary

I'm putting together a custom Firefly, but I can't figure out what torso to use. Any ideas? I like the Arkhamverse looks, but I'm not married to any ideas. I don't want to use any bulky armor piece though.

Stuck on mobile at the time being, but I finally snagged some pictures of some older stuff, along with a couple new things. Sorry for the links, I'll edit in deeplinks if I can get to a computer sometime.

Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn I'm quite proud of, and I swapped out Boomerang's head as well as dropping the gloves for fleshy hands.

Suicide Squad

I used Syndromes arms for Harley, so there is a bit of silver on her wrists but it's hardly noticeable, and kindof looks like a tattoo anyways. Ideally Lego will come out with some blue/white dual-molded arms at some point but I'm still quite pleased with this.

Flash - I added some speed-force to his running blur and I quite like the effect. :3

Running Flash Update

X-Men - Prof X, nothing really new but I finally grabbed that park set with the wheelchair.

X-Men

GiAnt Man! - I MOC'd some better arms for him way back when but never got a picture 'til now. I can put up a pic showing the construction if anyone's interested.

AntMan

GiAntMan Arms

Eddie's head

Iris West

Joe West

Diggle's hair

Black Canary

For cw barry I'd use the Hal Jordan hair with this head- http://brickset.com/parts/6118815 and this torso- http://brickset.com/parts/6117141 with dark blue legs

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Eddie's head

Iris West

Joe West

Diggle's hair

Black Canary

If it helps I've done some of those and they are in this thread if you want to search for them :)

And here are some new ones I knocked up last night, Arkham Killer Croc, Man-Spider, Deathlok and Hush. Hope you like them :)

image_zpsyzwrugam.jpeg

Edited by Hulk_Smash

Hi, pretty new to the whole custom figure thing, love the idea of keeping lego purist where possible, I want to make a lego odin using Eomer's torso but I'm struggling to find a head preferably with a missing eye and flesh coloured.

Hi, pretty new to the whole custom figure thing, love the idea of keeping lego purist where possible, I want to make a lego odin using Eomer's torso but I'm struggling to find a head preferably with a missing eye and flesh coloured.

Would this head work? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=146930#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90}

Whoa, is that new? I looked into making an Odin about a year and a half ago, and I couldn't find a face, so I gave up. Thanks for the recommendation!

Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn I'm quite proud of, and I swapped out Boomerang's head as well as dropping the gloves for fleshy hands.

https://flic.kr/p/LoVNnW

I used Syndromes arms for Harley, so there is a bit of silver on her wrists but it's hardly noticeable, and kindof looks like a tattoo anyways. Ideally Lego will come out with some blue/white dual-molded arms at some point but I'm still quite pleased with this.

That Harley is fantastic! The parts don't look much like SS Harley separate, but the combo looks dead on. Great work!

Whoa, is that new? I looked into making an Odin about a year and a half ago, and I couldn't find a face, so I gave up. Thanks for the recommendation!

That Harley is fantastic! The parts don't look much like SS Harley separate, but the combo looks dead on. Great work!

If it helps I've done some of those and they are in this thread if you want to search for them :)

And here are some new ones I knocked up last night, Arkham Killer Croc, Man-Spider, Deathlok and Hush. Hope you like them :)

What are you using for Hush's jacket?

Just remembered that's not actually purist :/ (it's a cape that has been cutting make a jacket)

Eddie's head

Iris West

Joe West

Diggle's hair

Black Canary

For Caitlin's torso, I'd personally go with either this or this. She doesn't wear a lab coat terribly often, but I think it's something more recognizable for her. If that doesn't jive, you can try any number of blues and greys, since she wears a lot of cooler colors (because of course she would lol)

I've seen a lot of people use Star Lord's head for Eddie Thawne and I think it works pretty well.

LEGO doesn't give you a lot of head options for Iris, so you're basically stuck with Storm's. Her torso provides a lot of options, so I'd just try a bunch of different female torsos until you hit something you like, since she wears so many different sorts of outfits. I'd look around the darker options from the Friends line for hair.

This is definitely your best choice for Joe's head, and I'd go with one of these two options for his torso (1) (2). For a more on-duty Joe, there's this torso and his crime-fighting hat :tongue:

I think the best option for Diggle's hair is Finn's here. You could also probably get away with making him bald, though.

As for Felicity, I intend on using this torso and probably Scarlet Witch's legs.

I made a CW Black Canary that I thought was pretty alright. If you want a mask, you're pretty much SOL.

Hopefully that helps!

Those are some great suggestions! Only thing is I was going to use Star-Lord's head for Oliver Queen. Is there one that suits Oliver better?

EDIT: would '66 Catwoman's head work for Black Canary? Right now nobody sells just the head on Bricklink, but I'm sure someone will eventually.

Edited by BlueberryWaffles

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that's the only possible option for Canary at all, at the moment. And I doubt the head by itself would be all that much better value than the 'fig, considering how expensive the set is. :/ I'm perfectly content with my Canary, barring that, too.

Those are some great suggestions! Only thing is I was going to use Star-Lord's head for Oliver Queen. Is there one that suits Oliver better?

Indiana Jones?

Oh, right, I couldn't remember what I'd used for Ollie. I actually found Dastan's face (which is practically identical to Indy's) with the old crew cut hairpiece in brown to be weirdly accurate. (Weirdly because that hairpiece tends to only be good for very obvioisly crew-cut characters like Collosus, IMO.)

Right now I'm designing a Justice League MOC, but I need your guys help with something. I'm trying to make a Steppenwolf figure (for those who don't know who that is he is Darkseids uncle and commander of his army).

This is the version I want to use as inspiration for the figure:

28782840160_77bd6fbe6d_z.jpg

28782839590_6ee6256d13_z.jpg

Does anyone know any good parts I can use for this figure?

And also, who would you like to see as the villain for the Justice League? Except for Darkseid as a bigfig doesn't fit the MOC I'm designing :p

There's a helmet in nexo Knights that one of the devil dudes has, black with removable horns, it would be pretty close.

Has anybody considered using some of Echo Zane's parts to make the Doom Patrol's Robotman?

The head is totally perfect! Will be a tough color to match with a torso though.

Returned to this forum after some years to post my custom avengers. I've wanted to make a yellow-skinned set, for a bigger city where the people will have similar skintones (and I find mixing of fleshies and yellow figs looks really, really odd).

SU81ivr.jpg

Please excuse the hair on Captain America, I'm on the lookout for a replacement next time I bricklink something.

Bonus spidey and mysterio:

MzYLOny.jpg

LOVE the yellow!

I was re-watching B:TAS the other day and thought about making some of the characters in those particular designs:

Batman

Cowl: 10113 in Black

Head: 3626cpb1273 in Black

Cape: 56630b in Black

Torso: 973pb1632 in Dark Bluish Gray

Arms: 981982 in Dark Bluish Gray

Hands: 983 in Black

Hips: 970 in Black

Legs of:970c00pb411 in DM Dark Bluish Gray/Black

Joker

Hair: 43751 in Black

Head: 3626cpb0638 in White

Torso: 973pb0983 in Dark Purple

Arms: 981982 in Dark Purple

Hands: 983 in Sand Purple

Waist Coat:The Joker's from TLBM (product number TBR) in Dark Purple

Legs: 970c00 in Dark Purple

Harley Quinn

Hat: 62537pb01 in Red

Head: 3626cpb0710 in White

Torso Assembly: 973pb1108c01 in Red

Left Leg: 972 in Black

Hips and Right Leg of: 970d03pb02 in Red

Scarecrow

Hat/Hair: 20606pb02 in Dark Orange

Head: 3626cpb0889 in Tan

Torso Assembly: 973pb2412c01

Legs Assembly: 970c00pb056 in Reddish Brown

EDIT: If it would be easier I can add links to the pieces instead of their product numbers.

Edited by LegoMcBoss2004