sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Shadowcat (not my favorite version of her costume, but easy to make) - She looks nice, but why the swords? Also her head seems kind of 'off' to me.

Kitty is a ninja as trained by wolverine. This is how you know who the hardcore X fans are.

Edited by autorazr

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a thunderbolts team.

I'm really struggling with mockingbird, moonstone, and fixer. Anyone got any ideas?

Kitty is a ninja as trained by wolverine. This is how you know who the hardcore X fans are.

Guilty as charged. I am not, and never will profess to being a hard core X fan. I tend to lean more towards DC by default. :O

As a matter of fact, though, I did know that Kitty was trained by Wolverine, just not to the point of being a ninja.

Hawkeye Civil War

Is that purist? I also don't think the "mustache" is as good... I'd say, if it were me, I'd find a head with a full stubble.

Oooo nice! He's not well known but I love Nemesis. What torso is that?? Is it the CMF Series 16 secret agent??

Yep! There might be better torsos out there, but I had this one on hand when I was thinking about it and it has the right elements going on.

Is that purist? I also don't think the "mustache" is as good... I'd say, if it were me, I'd find a head with a full stubble.

That looks like the official Hawkeye torso from the Civil War set, and the head is from one of those soccer CMF figures. If Leonardo DiCaprio ever got into the superhero business, that's the head I'd be using!

Yes, official hawkeye with superboy's left arm, the head is Gotze's from the DFB minifig serie

I think the head works fine

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, official hawkeye with superboy's left arm, the head is Gotze's from the DFB minifig serie

I think the head works fine

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh no, it works pretty well, I've just always thought that head looks eerily similar to Leonardo DiCaprio.

The Ray is surprisingly getting his own show on the CW Seed, which even more surprisingly features Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters, so I figured I'd take a crack at making some of them!

The Ray

Black Condor

Firebrand

Thanks for the comments!

A lot of your comments come from the heads I "chose" which really means I used whatever I had spare lying around - but now with suggestions I can seek specific parts for specific figs. As I posted earlier, finding heads in human skin tones is frustrating because they tend to be pricey. I'll look into these head suggestions to improve my designs.

Original X-Men

Professor X - Nice wheelchair, and it's a good start, but something about the pieces you chose just gives him a 'If Gandalf attended Hogwarts' look. What I mean is that given the pieces you chose, it's kind of hard to see beyond what those pieces are, which is simply because of the fact that they are very distinct in their designs.

Since I see you're going for the old man look, I'd recommend Dumbledore's head first and foremost. The fact is, though, with the nearly unlimited variety of Lego heads that we have today, you can achieve Xavier's general looks without indicating his age quite so clearly. Thus, I'd also strongly recommend Legolas', Phillip's, the new Clones', and the new Elves/Sandman's heads as well. As for the torso and legs, I'd recommend Mr. Burns'.

Beast & Angel - These guys are perfect! :D

Jean Grey (updated legs) - I really like these new legs!

Giant-Sized X-Men

Colossus (EBF PSF) - Colossus looks great! He's always been a tough figure to pull off and I think you did an awesome job! He doesn't have many details, however, and if you want to change that, I'd recommend checking out some of the versions of him available on Flickr. This one is my absolute favorite, and this one is a strong contender for second place.

Banshee looks amazing! Not to mention that I especially love that striped neck bracket! :D The only thing about your Banshee is his head: It seems to be a bit more scared than forceful, which is what Banshee is. I'd recommend the angry side of Merry's head.

Nighcrawler (EBF PSF) - As with Colossus, Nightcrawler looks great, but could also use some more details. I'd recommend checking out some of the other versions out there.

70s-80s X-Men

Quicksilver (TLG (I'd recommend building your own, because this verion of Quicksilver is not like the X-Men comics one.)

Rogue (EBF SPF) - Everything looks great, except the head. For white female characters, I'd recommend this head pretty much 99% of the time.

Havok (yellow head needs replacement) - Try this one.

Shadowcat - She looks nice, but why the swords? Also her head seems kind of 'off' to me.

Magik (yellow head again! I told you I was running out!) - Try either of these ones.

90s X-Men

Bishop (needs work) - He seems pretty good to me . . . What's wrong here?

Psylocke (so tough to do, could be better) - She seems amazing! The only two things here would be her hair and face. There are only about five realistic options for Psylocke's hair:

First, black mid-length hair with pink highlights, black ponytail with pinker highlights, plain black mid-length hair, plain black long hair, and a plain black ponytail. Like Shadowcat, her head seems kind of 'off' to me.

Gambit (TLG Hawkeye) - He looks great, but I think you may need to get away from the Hawkeye motif. Keep his head though, it's a really good choice for Gambit. Also, try either of these hairs.

Jubilee - I see what you were trying to do with the Doc-Ock sunglasses there, but it still has a more 'crazy' than 'funky' look, and it's somewhat jarring. Jubilee might benefit better from Ginny Weasley's head instead.

Hope that helps! Also, as for Dazzler, Firestar and Negasonic Teenage Warhead? Yes, yes, and yes. :P Best of luck and happy building! - The Big Red Cheese

Professor X is definitely made of spare parts and not my top choices for his parts - will improve.

Thanks! I like the new legs on Jean too.

Yeah, Colossus has too much red. He needs more yellow, but red/yellow is hard in Lego (at least in Colossus appropriate versions). The armor gives some detail to the chest and makes him bulkier. The first link you posted doesn't do anything for me, but I want to check out the legs on the second link for a splash of yellow and some needed detail. But I can't find them on BL - unless maybe they aren't "red"?

Better reception on Banshee than anticipated! That neck bracket is super old and pretty beat up. Head: see spares that I had lying around (Banana guy from Grodd set). Good suggested alternative.

I'd like a better torso for Nightcrawler, and I think Red Nightwing's could work, but I don't have it, it's pricey, and I don't know if I would want to sacrifice Nightwing for a MOC. Other than that, the google search you sent didn't give me a lot of new ideas - did you have something specific in mind?

Quicksilver is not a problem for me, not all my creations are strictly comics based. And he's never really been on the comics X-Men team anyways :wink: (X-Factor and Avengers yes, Magneto's original Brotherhood, but never X-Men proper).

The Rogue suggestion is expensive! The Havok one is very doable. I've got spare Super Mans (Super Men?) I can cannibalize.

Shadowcat needs a new head, yes. As pointed out by others, Shadowcat is a expert martial artist and is sometimes depicted with paired katana - I needed to give her something to hold to make her somewhat distinct as the costume is completely generic (see Magik). I would rather give her the navy/blue puffy costume with the domino mask and Lockheed, but I couldn't find a good torso to start with.

For Magik, one of those is affordable and will be checked out soon!

Bishop's color scheme and hair don't match any depiction I like the one you linked a lot more.

I have obtained the second hair suggestion for Psylocke - haven't tried it yet. Her face is currently Hawkeye's! :laugh:

Gambit's colors are close but not perfect- any ideas for recreating his iconic trenchcoat?

Jubilee needs sunglasses or else will blind herself with her own powers. Any other light flesh heads with printed shades? Also, I would rather a yellow jacket without a Battle of Yavin medal!

What head does Gambit use? Nice figs by the way :thumbup:

Thanks! Gambit uses this head http://www.bricklink...626bpb0664&in=M which it has been pointed out came in several sets/figures. I got mine in the TIE pilot/mini TIE interceptor/Death Star globe set. Suffers from looking too pale as a printing inconsistency printing light colors on dark parts.

Thanks for the comments !Thanks for the comments !

Edited by linnormlord

I am New here but I I am trying to make a mrs incredible for my wife. so i was hoping someone could help me with ideas.

The only head I can think would work is '66 Catwomans, which is probably very expensive :/.

I am New here but I I am trying to make a mrs incredible for my wife. so i was hoping someone could help me with ideas.

This hair in reddish brown is probably the best for that. As for the head, Jbricks's suggestion looks pretty great, but I'd suggest the Supergirl/Scarlet Witch head as a cheaper alternative. You won't find one with the mask, though, at least not any time soon.

thank you for the help jbrick and numbuh1nerd.

that head looks perfect

numbuh1nerd which hair I dont see a link or picture.

again thank you for the help

the only other head I found that might work is yellow instead of flesh it the jewel thief 24626

Hi everyone! What can I use to make the X-Men First Class suit?

I must admit I've struggled to find something in yellow and black to work for you. Maybe search the yellow torsos on BL then maybe go for reverse and search for black and see what shows up. There are plenty of black legs with various levels of print should you need it.

thank you for the help jbrick and numbuh1nerd.

that head looks perfect

numbuh1nerd which hair I dont see a link or picture.

again thank you for the help

the only other head I found that might work is yellow instead of flesh it the jewel thief 24626

Oops! Forgot to include a link :grin:HERE you go!

Right now I'm designing a Justice League MOC, but I need your guys help with something. I'm trying to make a Steppenwolf figure (for those who don't know who that is he is Darkseids uncle and commander of his army).

This is the version I want to use as inspiration for the figure:

28782840160_77bd6fbe6d_z.jpg

28782839590_6ee6256d13_z.jpg

Does anyone know any good parts I can use for this figure?

And also, who would you like to see as the villain for the Justice League? Except for Darkseid as a bigfig doesn't fit the MOC I'm designing :p