sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Hey everyone, I'm back with anotha fig. This time it's Reiser from the short lived Doomed new 52 title.

Doomed (Reiser)

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Hyperion's torso would make a great Kandorian Flamebird.

That sounds amazing! I think that his boots would work as well, and just for the record, you are the first person that I've seen mention that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, the Lego Batman Movie Joker's arms, what with their card-suit tattoos, could make for a pretty good purist Double Down as he appears on in the CW Flarrowverse.

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Ok. Having some difficulty finding pants for a semi-purist. (I don't paint or morph parts but In this case I'm incorporating a digital printed chest due to the tattoo requirement) trying to find pants that could be used for a S-Skwad Joker outfit- specifically the purple trench coat with the purple and gold legs+batman leggings. I'm about to give up but I figured I'd look for some outside input before doing so.

Could anyone suggest a good list of parts for Marvel's Dagger (as in Cloak and Dagger)

My recipe for Cloak:

Hood: Black

Head: I chose Cyborg, but any good brown face will work

Body: Plain Black

Legs: Plain Black

Cape: Dementor

Could anyone suggest a good list of parts for Marvel's Dagger (as in Cloak and Dagger)

My recipe for Cloak:

Shouldnt the hood and cape be (dark) blue?

I'm not a major expert, but I've seen photos where it's black. Not saying your wrong though, I don't really know

That sounds amazing! I think that his boots would work as well, and just for the record, you are the first person that I've seen mention that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, the Lego Batman Movie Joker's arms, what with their card-suit tattoos, could make for a pretty good purist Double Down as he appears on in the CW Flarrowverse.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those arms. Great minds think alike :)

I think I'm going to use Dr Strange's face for R'as al Ghul, since the official R'as is either old or angry.

Sorry for improper attribution, but I'm on mobile.

EDIT: Attributions fixed

My recipe for Cloak:

I'd recommend the old Ep. VII Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine torso(s) in order to get Cloak's, well for lack of a better word, cloaked, appearance.

EDIT: Also, try a plain black cape. The Dementor cape is okay, but the classic starched ones work alright too.

I'm not a major expert, but I've seen photos where it's black. Not saying your wrong though, I don't really know

As far as I know, Cloak's outfit has always been all black.

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw those arms. Great minds think alike :)

Yes, great minds must really do think alike! :P I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one who saw the arms' potential.

Sorry for improper attribution, but I'm on mobile.

Quicksilver838: I'd recommend the old Ep. VII Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine torso(s) in order to get Cloak's, well for lack of a better word, cloaked, appearance.

Borex: As far as I know, Cloak's outfit has always been all black.

Zergos: Yes, great minds must really do think alike! :P I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one who saw the arms' potential.

I will definitely be updating my double down with those arms when I get that joker. Ya it's a perfect idea fer sure.

Assorted new ideas:

Superhero Bart's arms would look great on a classic Bronze Tiger, and Syndrome's arms would look good on classic Ted Grant Wildcat.

Finally, I have a nice full recipe for a classic Enchantress, given that Suicide Squad is coming out soon. :O

Enchantress:

Hat: Freestyle Timmy/Minerva McGonagall's

Hair: CMF 12 Spooky Girl's

Head: Scarlet Witch/Supergirl's or Phoenix's/Jean Grey's or Batgirl's or Red Harrington's

Torso/Arms: Minerva McGonagall's

Legs: Minerva McGonagall's

Cape: Quidditch uniform Draco Malfoy's/Gilderoy Lockhart's/Loki's/Superhero Patrick's/Minerva McGonagall's

So I just finished Shroud from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics. Woah what ya a marvel character. The very first marvel purist I've made. Simple design, but I think it works. Ultimate Spider-Man just too freaking good. 11 years of genius by bendis. Favourite Spidey comic by far..

Shroud (Ultimate Kitty Pryde)

Edited by Zergos

Here is my classic Electro. As always the helmet is a problem but I think Nova's good enough :)

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

Nicely done!! Looks good :)

I had angel done for a while, but I figured I'd post him today. Based off his classic costume in wolverine and the x-men. Pumping out these marvel figs aha.

Angel (Wolverine and the X-Men)

One day I'll learn how to embed pictures. Today is not that day...

Here is unmasked Black Panther using Baron Mordo's head and hair as well as a Kraven figure using the official torso I got from B&P as well as a few of my own parts and Dr. Strange's headpiece. Hope you all like them as much as I do. :sweet:

Hunters (Marve Purist)

As far as I know, Cloak's outfit has always been all black.

Well... [fossil talking on] when i was a kid and cloak and dagger started in the comics Cloak had a blue cape and hood with dark blue or black stripes [/fossil talking off]

Well... [fossil talking on] when i was a kid and cloak and dagger started in the comics Cloak had a blue cape and hood with dark blue or black stripes [/fossil talking off]

That's the version I know as well.

I've seen the blue Cloak, but recently it's just changed to black I believe

That's a really good Mole Man! Have you tried Captain Cold's head, though? I think the glasses might be a little more accurate, but sometimes an inaccurate head can look better than an accurate one. :classic:

That's a really good Mole Man! Have you tried Captain Cold's head, though? I think the glasses might be a little more accurate, but sometimes an inaccurate head can look better than an accurate one. :classic:

I agree.. I think Captain Cold's head with those blue squared glasses would look great. They were on B&P for a long time so should be very cheap to pick up anyway.

Are all LEGO mini-figs purist? They all contain elements of a profession or a theme or character, but what is a purist LEGO mini-fig?!

Are all LEGO mini-figs purist? They all contain elements of a profession or a theme or character, but what is a purist LEGO mini-fig?!

purist just means you take existing LEGO official parts, don't modify them, and put them together to make new characters.