sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Here's another one. My Original X-Men lineup. Obviously I didn't make Cyclops or Iceman (I think Electro makes a serviceable Iceman), but here are my versions of Beast, Angel, and Jean Grey (as Phoenix).

Nice!

Commentary:

Beast: Nice job! Most people make him in light blue, and with different pieces, so seeing a classic beast with dark blue is a nice change. That said, his black hair does somewhat clash with the black face, so I'd recommend changing one or the other if you can.

Jean Grey: Absolutely perfect! :O

Angel: Great job! The only thing that I can recommend for Angel is to use the hips from these legs, just for a teensy bit of detail, because the black without any printing stands out from the rest of Angel's outfit. The reason I recommended those hips is because they have a small 'X' printed in the center, so they solve the problem of detail in and of themselves, and they happen to coincide with the character's team name.

I recently bought Kraven's torso from lego's Bricks & Pieces site but I have no idea how to complete it (well... kind of)

I will be using Dr. Strange's head for him as well as a regular black widows peak hairpiece and dark brown pants.

That said... does anyone have a good idea for what to use for his fur collar/neckpiece? I've seen people use the CMF Hun's cape but I don't have it.

EDIT: Or should I just have the figure be standard and without the fur?

Personally, I'd just order the official fur from either Lego or Bricklink. Unfortunately, Kraven isn't parted out on Bricklink, and I think that Kraven's fur* is out of stock via Lego. In the meantime, this totally not self promoting link should prove that a purist Kraven can be done without the fur. That said, I think he looks better with it.

* Here's some info from Lego that I got, I hope it's of some use.

MINI COLLAR NO 3 - Element number 6153507, design number 26066

Edited by TheBigRedCheese

Nice!

Commentary:

Beast: Nice job! Most people make him in light blue, and with different pieces, so seeing a classic beast with dark blue is a nice change. That said, his black hair does somewhat clash with the black face, so I'd recommend changing one or the other if you can.

Jean Grey: Absolutely perfect! :O

Angel: Great job! The only thing that I can recommend for Angel is to use the hips from these legs, just for a teensy bit of detail, because the black without any printing stands out from the rest of Angel's outfit. The reason I recommended those hips is because they have a small 'X' printed in the center, so they solve the problem of detail in and of themselves, and they happen to coincide with the character's team name.

Thanks again!

Would love a dark blue face for Beast, or that hair piece in dark blue, but neither is available (I used to use a Captain America head for him!). And my son won't let me use any other hair piece on him!

I am pretty happy with Jean Grey, thanks!

I agree on the hips, so I swapped them for the hips that match the torso. And wouldn't you know it, it kinda sorta makes an X! But that piece you suggested, it would be great to have a bunch to give all my X-figs matching belts.

27785970893_1b097cba32.jpg

Any fans of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the TV show) out there? Here is my version of Coulson's team.

Left to right:

Lincoln Campbell "Sparky" (Secret Warriors)

Jemma Simmons

Joey Gutierrez (Secret Warriors)

Leo Fitz

Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie (holding a non-Lego axe and eyeing Coulson's left hand)

Daisy Johnson "Quake" a.k.a. Skye (she's holding a laptop in her left hand) (Secret Warriors)

Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez "Slingshot" (Secret Warriors)

Agent Phil Coulson with Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun

Bobbi Morse "Mockingbird" with stun batons

Lance Hunter

Agent Melinda May "the Cavalry" with Berserker Staff

28368911616_5c098c2f27.jpg

Thanks again!

Would love a dark blue face for Beast, or that hair piece in dark blue, but neither is available (I used to use a Captain America head for him!). And my son won't let me use any other hair piece on him!

I am pretty happy with Jean Grey, thanks!

I agree on the hips, so I swapped them for the hips that match the torso. And wouldn't you know it, it kinda sorta makes an X! But that piece you suggested, it would be great to have a bunch to give all my X-figs matching belts.

I've seen some people use this head for Beast, and I think that it works okay. Otherwise, there is another blue Chima ape monkey head with slightly different coloring that might work better. That way, your son is happy and the black hair stays. :)

I do see the "kinda sorta" 'X' on Angel! :P It's a great change, and the figure's whole bottom half "flows" better because of it. The site that I linked to with those 'X' hips, Bricklink, is actually designed to allow FOL to purchase bricks. I'd strongly recommend setting up an account, even if you only use it for research. :)

Any fans of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (the TV show) out there? Here is my version of Coulson's team.

Left to right:

Lincoln Campbell "Sparky" (Secret Warriors)

Jemma Simmons

Joey Gutierrez (Secret Warriors)

Leo Fitz

Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie (holding a non-Lego axe and eyeing Coulson's left hand)

Daisy Johnson "Quake" a.k.a. Skye (she's holding a laptop in her left hand) (Secret Warriors)

Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez "Slingshot" (Secret Warriors)

Agent Phil Coulson with Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun

Bobbi Morse "Mockingbird" with stun batons

Lance Hunter

Agent Melinda May "the Cavalry" with Berserker Staff

Nicely done for the most part. Though it is weird that quite a few of your female characters have male headpieces, just sayin ;D

Nicely done for the most part. Though it is weird that quite a few of your female characters have male headpieces, just sayin ;D

Zegros,

What do you mean? Simmons, Skye, Rodriguez, Morse, and May all use female headpieces.

Zegros,

What do you mean? Simmons, Skye, Rodriguez, Morse, and May all use female headpieces.

He's right actually - there's a Han Solo and a Luke Skywalker in there. I use the more neutral "male" faces because:

1. otherwise all the female heads would be the same

2. not all female characters wear lots of lipstick, which is a problem with the female heads

3. I have very few female heads in light flesh - damn you Lego! But it's getting better.

Edited by linnormlord

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of finally branching out a bit and making marvel figs. I'll probably start with doing the x-men related characters in their wolverine and the x-men design. Anybody have ideas for pieces I could use for whatever character? I already got Wolverine, Toad, and Angel figured out.

I did a storm from that series that would work flesh as well, using the Racer X torso.

Personally, I'd just order the official fur from either Lego or Bricklink. Unfortunately, Kraven isn't parted out on Bricklink, and I think that Kraven's fur* is out of stock via Lego. In the meantime, this totally not self promoting link should prove that a purist Kraven can be done without the fur. That said, I think he looks better with it.

* Here's some info from Lego that I got, I hope it's of some use.

MINI COLLAR NO 3 - Element number 6153507, design number 26066

Thanks for the info man. And yeah I think it would work better with the fur but yours is really great and shows that it doesn't detract from the overall look without it. :)

Also, if I may bother the thread one more time. ;)

I am also struggling with Hyperion...

Ordered his torso on B&P and have his head and hair from other figs, but does anyone know any better substitutes for his cape and legs?

Very nice figure Micksandals but I would recommend Owen Grady's legs (from Jurassic world) and light bley Mutt Williams hair (from Indiana Jones).

Very nice figure Micksandals but I would recommend Owen Grady's legs (from Jurassic world) and light bley Mutt Williams hair (from Indiana Jones).

Thanks - the current legs are a bit of a placeholder and I like the Owen Grady legs.

Struggled with the hair as well, I'm waiting on a Han Solo so I'll see how that looks.

I did a storm from that series that would work flesh as well, using the Racer X torso.

Oh really? Awesome!

When you said headpieces, I immediately thought of hair. :grin:

He's right actually - there's a Han Solo and a Luke Skywalker in there. I use the more neutral "male" faces because:

1. otherwise all the female heads would be the same

2. not all female characters wear lots of lipstick, which is a problem with the female heads

3. I have very few female heads in light flesh - damn you Lego! But it's getting better.

When Zegros said headpieces, I immediately thought of hair. :grin:

That just goes to show you that they're not that noticeable. :thumbup:

First attempt:

Nice job! :D I love this!

Thanks for the info man. And yeah I think it would work better with the fur but yours is really great and shows that it doesn't detract from the overall look without it. :)

Also, if I may bother the thread one more time. ;)

I am also struggling with Hyperion...

Ordered his torso on B&P and have his head and hair from other figs, but does anyone know any better substitutes for his cape and legs?

No problem! Also, feel free to use my design if you want, all I ask for in return is linking back to my Flickr if you do so. :D

As for Hyperion:

I can see why you'd want to replace his cape. It's weird looking from the images I've been finding online. Thankfully, back in 2006 and 2008, Lego produced two variants of Robin, both of which have plain old starched fabric yellow capes. Here are their respective links (Bricklink), and if you want to order from B&P, the set numbers that you can choose from (he and the cape only came in two sets) are 7783-1 (the Batcave) or 7885-1 (the Penguin's submarine). Happy hunting, and I hope that solves your problem! But I have a question for you: What's wrong with his legs that you want to substitute them?

Thanks - the current legs are a bit of a placeholder and I like the Owen Grady legs.

Struggled with the hair as well, I'm waiting on a Han Solo so I'll see how that looks.

Episode 7 Han has the hair that LegoMcBoss2004 was talking about.

No problem! Also, feel free to use my design if you want, all I ask for in return is linking back to my Flickr if you do so. :D

As for Hyperion:

I can see why you'd want to replace his cape. It's weird looking from the images I've been finding online. Thankfully, back in 2006 and 2008, Lego produced two variants of Robin, both of which have plain old starched fabric yellow capes. Here are their respective links (Bricklink), and if you want to order from B&P, the set numbers that you can choose from (he and the cape only came in two sets) are 7783-1 (the Batcave) or 7885-1 (the Penguin's submarine). Happy hunting, and I hope that solves your problem! But I have a question for you: What's wrong with his legs that you want to substitute them?

Absolutely, I'll tag you when I get around to making the Kraven fig. Thanks again man. :)

And as for Hyperion, its pretty much the same situation as Kraven. The original fig is great but because of Bricks and Pieces not having all parts of a figure available at a time and all they have is Hyperion's torso, I'm looking for a way to MOC up the whole fig of him. I actually really like the whole fig as is but they don't sell all the parts on B&P leaving me essentially with a legless fig.

Thanks for the yellow cape idea btw, I'll definitely be using that. And as for legs I've been browsing around but idk yet. Maybe plain red or maybe Deadshot's. Hopefully I'll find a better pair soon.

Absolutely, I'll tag you when I get around to making the Kraven fig. Thanks again man. :)

No problem! :D

And as for Hyperion, its pretty much the same situation as Kraven. The original fig is great but because of Bricks and Pieces not having all parts of a figure available at a time and all they have is Hyperion's torso, I'm looking for a way to MOC up the whole fig of him. I actually really like the whole fig as is but they don't sell all the parts on B&P leaving me essentially with a legless fig.

Have you considered making a Bricklink account? If you already have one, I'd advise using it before heading to B&P.

Thanks for the yellow cape idea btw, I'll definitely be using that. And as for legs I've been browsing around but idk yet. Maybe plain red or maybe Deadshot's. Hopefully I'll find a better pair soon.

The yellow cape idea is no problem, and like I said in the previous part of my post, look for the originals on Bricklink, if possible. Best of luck! :D

Agent Coulson, Dum Dum Dugan, Daisy Johnson

Welcome to Eurobricks! :D

Coulson and Skye look great, but Dugan might benefit from the grey bowler and a different torso and legs.

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of finally branching out a bit and making marvel figs. I'll probably start with doing the x-men related characters in their wolverine and the x-men design. Anybody have ideas for pieces I could use for whatever character? I already got Wolverine, Toad, and Angel figured out.

Zegros,

I strongly recommend these hips for use with almost any X-Men character you can think of, especially if their costume has black pants.

Thanks man.

Here was my first draft.

Head:Venom or bane from mighty micros

Neck piece:Kravens Fur neck piece

Under the neck piece: 2x dark tan boba fett pauldrons

Torso:Cyborgs Torso (Backwards)

Arms:black

Hands:light grey

Legs:Darth malgus legs

As far as heads, I'd maybe try the Sakaaran heads from Guardians. That one's a toughie, though.

So I'm almost done with my nitro figure from wolverine and the x-men, just stuck on what head to use.. Any ideas?