sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Excellent Warriors Three, though I don't care for Volstagg's helmet. I'd use Gloin's beard.

That's also a perfect head for Cyclops. Might have to copy that...

Excellent Warriors Three, though I don't care for Volstagg's helmet. I'd use Gloin's beard.

That's also a perfect head for Cyclops. Might have to copy that...

Meh, Volstaggs hat with big huge feather is important to me. These aren't meant to be MCU, but rather the comics version.

I have been holding onto these for a while now and am quite proud of how they turned out. I am sure that there are versions of these posted further back in the thread, and if mine are too close to those, I do apologize. So, here they are- four villains from the DC Universe:

First off, my favorite of the bunch- Black Mask:

black_mask.jpg

Second, Hush (his torso is from the very short run set "Space Skulls" and the design is, in fact, a sticker which was distributed by LEGO so it counts as purist):

hush.jpg

Next, Black Adam:

black_adam.jpg

Lastly, a VERY obscure character from a single episode of "The New Batman Adventures." The character is a part of Two Face's shattered psyche that deal out justice to those who he deems guilty. Two Face doesn't know he has this alter ego and fears the The Judge will come for him next. I present, The Judge:

the_judge.jpg

I know the pictures aren't the best but it's the best I could do on this rainy day. I look forward to seeing what people think about my first attempts at this.

They all look really good! I've seen those combos for Judge and Black Mask before, but that's a cool look for Black Adam! :thumbup: Never thought to use that face, and it does suit him.

BVpDjSj.jpg

Updated Warriors 3 and Sif. New Torso for Volstagg and Sif

cgPSH2F.jpg

Magik closer to her current look

wWQi0lf.jpg

Captain America and Steve Rogers

ElNLv9W.jpg

Captain America (Sam Wilson)

u6uV9Cb.jpg

Thor and Unworthy Odinson (Thor)

CfLEcSL.jpg

Unworthy Thor with Jarnbjorn

iu9IwDf.jpg

Thor

TOOMGZN.jpg

Quicksilver

QD4CFEB.jpg

Jean Grey New X-Men outfit

fBv0eOJ.jpg

Suicide Squad: Captain Cold, Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Bronze Tiger

Al7p4HF.jpg

Harley Quinn

2CZoorp.jpg

Firefly

kerONA9.jpg

Professor Pyg

c5PN9VA.jpg

Atomic Skull

qN6zARz.jpg

Toyman

4xxlG8W.jpg

Batwing

Nice Professor Pyg, especially! Firefly is excellent as well! I'll be copying that design (maybe change the wings out though) as soon as I'm able.

Nice Professor Pyg, especially! Firefly is excellent as well! I'll be copying that design (maybe change the wings out though) as soon as I'm able.

thanks, I wanted to use the angled clip on flag pieces as wings but I couldn't find them, gotta keep digging.

Autorazr, really, really great work. You do very faithful recreations. However, I am wondering why you only use yellow for your superheroes.

Your friend, throgthefrog. ;)

Autorazr, really, really great work. You do very faithful recreations. However, I am wondering why you only use yellow for your superheroes.

Open a new discussion. It would be off topic to discuss fleshy vs. yellow here (as if I havent already) your attempts at antagonizing me won't be well received here friend.

The topic of skin-tone has come up a few times. It basically comes down to personal preference; whether you prefer the more accurate flesh tones, or the more iconic classic-LEGO yellow. I myself am a flesh tone guy, but I can see the appeal of yellow too.

There's also a wider range of heads and torsos for yellow purist customs.

The topic of skin-tone has come up a few times. It basically comes down to personal preference; whether you prefer the more accurate flesh tones, or the more iconic classic-LEGO yellow. I myself am a flesh tone guy, but I can see the appeal of yellow too.

There's also a wider range of heads and torsos for yellow purist customs.

He knows that, he's a troll from reddit, he's here to try and start a fight just ignore him or consistently remind him to stay on topic.

He knows that, he's a troll from reddit, he's here to try and start a fight just ignore him or consistently remind him to stay on topic.

I'd like to remind everybody to stay on topic. Let's focus on our customs and just have fun, right? Thank you.

Hey all, I was just playing around with parts today and made a red arrow. Hope you all like it.

https://www.flickr.c...02/15506033256/

Also made Weather Wizard and Shazam. Unfortunately I don't have Jek's head for shazam, or a decent torso. I'm not a huge fan of the torso on weather wizard either.

https://www.flickr.c...02/15343842090/

I have also made pied piper. I Like most of him, though the head does somewhat bother me.

https://www.flickr.c...02/15528145481/

I then decided to make a group shot of the rogues I've made so far.

https://www.flickr.c...02/15528470491/

Edited by Zergos

Y'know, if someone wanted to make the classic Static (y'know, this one) you could easily pull it off with a black baseball cap and the Racer X torso.

If I had those parts, I would totally do it. But I don't unfortunately :S

I've not looked through the whole thread, so sorry if I don't have much new stuff, but I do have some customs that I'm pretty proud of. Presenting... basically my whole super-hero collection. I'm pretty sure every picture has at least one custom (purist) 'fig, and even a lot of the ones from sets are tweaked in one way or another.

MARVEL

Cloak and Dagger, Fury, Coulson, Hill - These are pretty much completely custom. Dagger I don't think really has gold, but it went with the torso, so... yeah. (And I should get blue blades of some sort for her)

15443377297_2b9c696334_c.jpg

Mutants!

Bobby Drake, Rogue, Scott Summers, Gambit, Juggernaut, and Pyro - I don't actually have either XMen set, so these are all of my mutants. And Pyro should have blonde hair, but I've misplaced that piece in tan...

15008659314_90a7d23bdb_c.jpg

Ultimate Spider-Man characters (Kindof)

Nova, Spidey, Powerman, and the only custom in this picture, Dr. Strange. He's also got the CMF Sea Captain's arms, and I intend to give him the CMF swimmer's medal when I find it.

15629443845_9980275cf7_c.jpg

Avengers Assemble! (Sorry for the blurry pic here- these are all from my phone if you couldn't tell)

Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Quicksilver, Captain America, and the Hulk. Most of the Avengers from the sets have different faces and/or hairs- Wasp and Banner are completely custom, as are the twins, but I'll obviously be replacing the two of them once we get Age of Ultron sets (Quicksilver's hair was a give-or-take with color and style)

15605754716_702bf32e62_c.jpg

Sinister Seven!

Ock, Venom, Doom, Beetle, Loki, and the Goblins. Ock is a conglomeration of the Spider-Man 2 one and the most recent (giving him longer arms :3), as well as tweaking the hairpiece -the handlebars are just there to help him stand- and I gave the classic Goblin a makeover.

15009292643_b5399e70e8_c.jpg

DC

Justice League

Green Arrow, Flash, Supes, Bats, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, and Aquaman -Arrow and Hawkgirl are both completely custom, and WW has her gauntlet thingies as well as Sting for her sword. And Aquaman's trident's not short any more.

15442884469_4ffca01f66_c.jpg

Super Friends

So... Not the Super Friends, persay, but the supers' friends? :P Fox, Aqualad, and Gordon

15009352523_0c69949768_c.jpg

The League of Evil... Guys...

Cold, Freis, Lex, Bane, Black Mask, Penguin, Riddler, and Ra's. Only a couple customs here, I guess... And Cold will be shortly outdated. But Freis's head is different, as well as Lex's suit I think (I gave it to Coulson)

15630386612_4a21426fae_c.jpg

The League of Assassins

Ra's al Ghul has some pull... They're primarily based on the Arkham City assassins, in color at least.

15629557105_c902b46645_c.jpg

Edited by JaseTJ

Really liking the League of Assassins, Aqualad, and Fox. I absolutely love Cloak and Dagger! :wub: Nicely done!

Way, way, way late in posting these here, but oh well! :grin:

Gambit & Mr. Sinister

Gambit is mostly purist, but has a custom trenchcoat by Christo. Sinister is 100% purist.

14950194065_c5fa99d9d5_c.jpg

Green Arrow and Black Canary

Both are 100% purist.

15012790765_2d8e1cdd40_c.jpg

Enjoy!

Nemo, your figures are always AWESOME!!! I love your sinister, very unique. Black Canary and Ollie are pree great as well. Great Job man :D

Hopefully I'll be getting a couple of these shortly for Dagger, rather than the 1x1 round bricks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention- Ra's is sortof based on a mix between Arkham City and TAS.

And thanks for the kind words :)

Edited by JaseTJ