sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Well I finally made a couple. Maybe you will like them. Sorry if I screwed up posting these images.

This is classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider. I wish there was a better solution between the tiny flame piece and the huge one, but there's not. That Ultra Agents Infearno set should be a perfect solution, though.

johnny1eb.jpgjohnny2eb.jpgjohnny3eb.jpg

And here is Sentry.

sentryeb.jpg

Where's the blaze torso from?

It's a Star Wars republic pilot. I think it came from the Episode I Republic Cruiser. It took me forever to figure out what it was (I saw it in someone's MOC and immediately knew it would be good for Johnny), but it was pretty cheap on Bricklink.

And thanks for your kind words!

Edited by dverburg

Yep you are spot on. Gonna get me one!

Sentry is sublime. Can't believe I hadn't thought of him. Simple and perfect.

Hey dverburg, nice work, though you and I have a different definition of cheap, I been eyeing that torso for months but its around $5 USD, thats soooo much for one piece (for me at least).

xKkZh7o.jpg

Most of these arent new but I wanted to post this group shot of the Bat-Family. The Robins and Batman are meant to represent the 3 at the end of the pre new 52, Jason is Red Hood, Damian is Robin, Tim is Red Robin and Dick is Batman (note the smiling face. Dick is much cheerier than Bruce). Threw in the Commish and Alfred, those two are new I think.

Edited by autorazr

As has been said, your Sentry is perfect!

Thanks so much!

Nice Ares, Masked Bulder...and welcome, dverburg, nice additions to the thread there.

Thank you. I've been around for a few years. I always lurk but hardly ever post.

Hey dverburg, nice work, though you and I have a different definition of cheap, I been eyeing that torso for months but its around $5 USD, thats soooo much for one piece (for me at least).

Well, I got the whole minifig for $3. That's not too bad, considering CMF prices. I only wanted the torso but the blaster, blue police/captain hat and dark blue legs ended up being useful too. Money well spent.

Most of these arent new but I wanted to post this group shot of the Bat-Family. The Robins and Batman are meant to represent the 3 at the end of the pre new 52, Jason is Red Hood, Damian is Robin, Tim is Red Robin and Dick is Batman (note the smiling face. Dick is much cheerier than Bruce). Threw in the Commish and Alfred, those two are new I think.

Really liking Red Robin and the old school look on Alfred. That Tomahawk warrior head seems like it'd be useful for all sorts of yellow superheroes.

i'd be in for the whole fig for $3 for sure, do you know where you got it? thats a good deal actually, I always look on bricklink for just the torso and its usually at least 4.

Been lurking a while and finally gave in and ordered some parts.

With all the Official Justice League members coming out, I decided to expand it a bit. Borrowed some ideas from what I've seen on here.

Green Lantern

Yjbu5lF.jpg

Hawk Girl

FYz2keq.jpg

Cyborg

rk3U5ng.jpg

Green Arrow

Oowvtai.jpg

Black Canary

oLlKPik.jpg

Atom

uQctUzy.jpg

Metamorpho

FEFCjbj.jpg

Vigilante

EnGeaLc.jpg

Plastic Man

tYcNQah.jpg

Justice League

WhrBP4v.jpg

Those are super cool, fusion! I'm even willing to overlook yellow Plastic Man just because of how great that head is for him!

Hey, since it's Batman's 75th Anniversary and all, does anybody have any ideas for members of Batman Incorporated? I've got Knight and Dark Ranger now, but those are the only new members I could make from my collection. I'll post pics after my next new DC hero.

Autorazr, we both know...ain't nothin wrong with yella. ;)

Nice job on those, fusion.I just made the same GL today and I'll be copying that Metamorpho pronto.

yeah, fusion, I especially like how you handled canary's fishnets, using the gray as if it was black sheer over flesh was very clever.

How did you make that arm?

It is a screwdriver in the arm with a technic pin and round 1x1 attach to the screwdriver. It holds decently, but still has tendency to fall out if you move it too much. I decided to make it not entirely purist and wrap a bit of paper around the tip of the screwdriver to give it little more grip.

A geonosian head from Star Wars seems be to the most popular choice, it's the one I used.

I've got new guys! I'm not quite as into this batch, to be honest.

First are the heroes, all DC of course

Toymaster, Knight, Dark Ranger, and Katana

Knight and Dark Ranger are really the only guys I managed to make from my Batman Incorporated idea. I'm not too pleased with Knight, so please feel free to make some suggestions.

And then we have Powerboy and Connor Hawke

Connor has too many Hawkeye parts to me, but really his costume is so so similar to that minifigure!

I've got one new villain: Weather Wizard!

3 Flash rogues down!

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd