sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

Nice work! What are quicksilver's legs from? I've never seen legs with the boots going all the way around the legs except in The Sinpsons House.

Thanks! The legs are from the Downhill Skier from Series 8. (Who I basically used as Christy Nord. :grin:)

Edited by Glitch System

ReZourceman, what are you using the Caesar hair piece for? I have one but havent figured out a use yet.

damn, I got one to use with Baron Zemo but it just didnt look right, now I want to find something to use it for

The Batman cowl seems really bulky for something skin tight though. I'm really curious to see how yours turned out, think you could post it? I might have buy a loose fig of him from Amazon when they get them, in that case. I've been wanting to use that hair to make Bruce Banner. Thanks!

That's true. I'll try and get a picture, but it could be a few days. :classic:

Batman's scuba head from Brick King71's review of the Pengiun set works perfectly for Wiccan!

That IS perfect! How'd you get your hands on the Batman vs Penguin set already?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

That IS perfect! How'd you get your hands on the Batman vs Penguin set already?

"from Brick King71's review of the Pengiun set "

Also, you really shouldn't quote images like that.

Been a while but I finally have two more to add to my large MARVEL collection.

8327141354_0a4afb765e.jpg

Angel and Sandman.

I tried so many different things with Angel's wings. I didn't want to add shoulder pads, or armor or anything that may have worked better (like the actual Chima shoulder armor itself) because it is too intrusive to the rest of the model. So until they make a dedicated element (I hope...) this is as good as I can do.

8326089749_7730e7ac03.jpg

More on my Flickr, all comments welcome. :)

http://www.flickr.co...tos/rezourceman

ReZourceman, what is that piece called that you used to connect Angels wings?

I'm not sure I'm afraid. Its quite an old piece, often found in black and in a lot of sci-fi sets.

I got the Batman Penguin set today, so I'll get a picture of the modified Wiccan later. I also posted a video of Lola.

Has anyone made any of Flash's rogue's? I'd love to see a purist version of them. That is of course if it's possible.

Here is my Red Hood (the non Jason Todd version)

IMG_0898_zpsd5ecc65f.jpg

And here is my Sandman

IMG_0902_zpsf5119b3f.jpg

Edited by Hulk_Smash

So I tried the new Batman's head for Wiccan - works well, however;

- Because the hair I use for Wiccan is quite "face covering", it doesn't make a huge difference.

- The trade off is because the face is printed on black, you lose a little of the opaque-ness.

Also, uploaded a new video to my channel, spotlight on MK1 Iron Man. The face is a little goofy (I changed it), but I think it actually looks okay. As I mention in the video, I'm not a massive fan of using the welders mask for Mk1 IM - it doesn't actually make sense (IMHO!)

So I tried the new Batman's head for Wiccan - works well, however;

- Because the hair I use for Wiccan is quite "face covering", it doesn't make a huge difference.

- The trade off is because the face is printed on black, you lose a little of the opaque-ness.

Also, uploaded a new video to my channel, spotlight on MK1 Iron Man. The face is a little goofy (I changed it), but I think it actually looks okay. As I mention in the video, I'm not a massive fan of using the welders mask for Mk1 IM - it doesn't actually make sense (IMHO!)

I understand what you mean about the Mark 1, I personally use the Welder's mask because it adds some much needed height to the figure. Studs on the legs don't do it for me.

Bbmogid.jpg

Most current looks for Cable and Hope

There are some great ideas in this thread, but this one just jumped off the screen for me! Great job.

Man, you guys doing these modern Cable designs are really making me want to do one too haha!

Here's another spotlight video.